Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
I first heard about the Sisters of Saint Brigid during a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. My friend and I passed this scenic view and there, far off in the distance, was an impressive looking building standing down in the middle of one of the valleys. After that I decided to dig into the place's history a bit - though honestly there's not much to tell. The Sisters of Saint Brigid are mostly a quiet order. As a matter of fact outside of a small area near Asheville, NC nobody knows who they are at all, but since the early 1920s women who have heard the call have gathered at the convent to live, pray and do good works in peace.

Times change though, and now kids are more likely to worship their Gameboys or otherkin headmates than the Lord. The population of the convent has dwindled in size. The few that remain - led by the strong hand of the Mother Superior - are keeping the faith. No matter how many times Friendventures Inc. comes knocking with offers to buy the land and change the area from "Nun to FUN" this place of worship will remain strong! There's no way that the bond between the sisters and their beloved guests would ever break... is there?

~*Welcome to a Bunch of Nunsense with the Sisters of Saint Brigid: A Game of Mafia for 9 Players*~

Will the sisters stand together or will the convent end up being a colorful outdoor FunZone with a mascot named Squiggly the Squirrel?

This is a pretty standard mafia game in the style of one of the F11 variations! Whichever variation it is will be random. Everyone has their own unique weirdo character and maybe there will be some shenanigans abounding!

SA rules and standard mafia rules apply: no talking out of thread, no copy-pasting PMs, no toxxing, no editing. Fake actions are okay and fun, unless they are designed to be thought of as real actions (no fake vigging or all that). There will be no actual game consequences to these fake actions.

Some specifics:
  • The first two days will be 72 hours long. They'll change to 48 hours after that point.
  • Nights will be 24 hours or whenever all actions are submitted.
  • Deadlines will usually be at 10 p.m. EST.
  • The thread will be locked after the flip. You can talk post-hammer if you'd like before that happens.
  • If there is only one scum remaining AND they have a night action they are able to both kill and do whatever that action is. That's just the way I do things.
  • Townies will be "Sister-Aligned" and scum will be "FunZone-Aligned"
  • Have fun pls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Brides in Christ
  1. apostateCourier/Juanito
  2. Big Nothing
  3. Dr. Hurt
  4. fiery_valkyrie
  5. kaschei
  6. mr.capps
  7. Opopanax
  8. Peta
  9. Puntification

Holy Acts
Puntification (Rabbi Hillel Norris, The Lonesome Rabbi) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Rabbi left the convent D1!
Dr. Hurt (Sister Whopi Gooldberg, The Sherri Shepherd Impersonator) Sister-Aligned Vanilla "Nun" vanished N1!
Peta (Sister Bernadette, The Art-Loving Nun) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Nun was sent away D1!
Fiery_Valkyrie ("Sister Jane Doe" aka Joey "The Snitch" Snitcheroni) Sister-Aligned Doctor/Nun was dragged away N2!
Opopanax (Mother Super Superior, Tired of This poo poo) FunZone-Aligned Roleblocker/Nun fell off a cliff D3!
Juanito (Lil Bobby Noparents, The Poor Orphan) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Orphan finally passed on N3!

Eight Dollars fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 5, 2014

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Everyone is this thread is now #blessed by Opop's presence. I'll wait to see if people drop out but role PMs will go out tonight. Cool.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

kaschei posted:

Is it too early to play ##shenanigans

kaschei posted:

Oooh ooh ##shenunigans

edit: nice thread tag

kaschei has stuck his hand down his dress and pulled out a Cream Pie! He can now do whatever he wants with said pie!

kaschei has Sassed the Mod! Eight Dollars Cries at His Mistakes

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

kaschei has Tripped and Fallen on His Own Pie?!?! Oh no! :cheeky:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Because of some situations with Goog docs not saving my info I've already written :( I'll be sending out role PMs tomorrow afternoon. Sorry for the delay ya'll!

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

PMs are out! Let's get this started!

A nice breakfast, a morning prayer and all the girls/guests were ready to seize the day and do their tasks. It felt like last nights angry discussion over the possibly Friendventures deal was long ago and forgotten. One by one, however, the girls realized something. These was something missing. The dulcet strings of Sister Theresa's acoustic guitar weren't there... it was only silence and the sound of the church bell. They later found the instrument's case hanging from a tree. It seems like the dear sister was running from something and found herself lost in the woods of North Carolina. She was probably also eaten by a bear. A bad omen indeed. But what or who was she running from?!?!

Three Dollars (Sister Theresa, The Guitar-Playing Nun) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Nun, was lost in the woods N0!

Day 1 begins... NOW

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

The sisters went about their business, only slightly on edge because of Saint Theresa (who was named that way because of her parents, it means "The Resa")'s disappearance. Everything seemed normal until Rabbi Hillel stood up.

"I've had enough!" he shouted. "I come here from the great city of New York hoping for a little peace and quiet and time to converse with G-d and what do I get? Nun puns nun puns nun puns! I've had enough. I cantor take it anymore! I'm te-feelin' sick and tired of all the jibbering and the jabbering. Who cares about your convent and these big city folks?!?! I'm going back to where I belong.

To everyone's surprise he picked up his stuff and quickly rushed out of their faster than you could say "Oy vey! What a schlemiel!" He was also probably eaten by a bear on the way to town.

Puntification (Rabbi Hillel Norry, The Lonesome Rabbi) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Rabbi left the convent D1!

It's night apparently.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

You know what? It's a small game so night's ain't closed. Ta-da. Have fun.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

The convent, now Torah-free, settled in for a uneasy night. Nobody was quite sure what caused the good Rabbi to go nuts like that, but whatever was going on wasn't good. United they could stand against FriendVentures. Divided they would fall into one of the FunZones many waterslides.

More bad news spread around when day broke. Sister Whopi, a relatively new nun brought in by the Archdiocese to help the nuns out with their charity variety show for the orphanage, was nowhere to be seen. She seemed to have gotten some news, packed up her bags and left without a word to the other girls. Why did this keep happening? Also on her way to town she was probably attacked by a raccoon and been infected with rabies.

What was going to happen next?!?!

Dr. Hurt (Sister Whopi Gooldberg, the Sherri Shepherd Impersonator) Vanilla "Nun" vanished N1!

Day 2 beings... NOW!

Eight Dollars fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 31, 2014

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Juanito replaces apostateCourier!

Votefinder seems not to be working but so far it's:

Fiery_Valk (1): mr. capps
Opop (0): Opop, Opop

Not voting: Big Nothing, Firey_Valk, Juanito, kaschei, Opop, Peta

Deadline is Tuesday, 10pm EST. It's 4 votes to rap someone on the knuckles with a ruler.

Eight Dollars fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 2, 2014

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

:catholic: The Votes So Far :catholic:

Big Nothing (0): Peta, Peta
Fiery_Valk (1): mr. capps
Juanito (1): Big Nothing, Big Nothing, Peta
kaschei (1): Big Nothing

Not Voting: Firey_Valk, Juanito, kaschei, Opop

7 People, 4 Votes to give a whole bunch of guilt. Deadline's 10pm EST TONIGHT

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

:catholic: The Votes So Far :catholic:

Big Nothing (0): Peta, Peta
Fiery_Valk (0): mr. capps, mr. capps
Juanito (1): Big Nothing, Big Nothing, Peta
kaschei (1): Big Nothing
Peta (3): Juanito, kaschei Opop

Not Voting: Firey_Valk, mr capps

7 People, 4 Votes to give a whole bunch of guilt. Deadline's in 2 minutes EST TONIGHT

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

:redhammer:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I'm going to add flavor to this post later, but right now I just got back from watching improv and am sleepy.

Peta (Sister Bernadette, The Art-Loving Nun) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Nun was sent away D2!

Nights are still open :goleft:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Day comes once again to the convent. To everyone's surprise nobody has absconded in the night! This is cause for celebration!

There is much hugging and chanting - so much so that you only notice the Cadillac coming down the drive when it's right at the door. Quickly and silently three giant thugs come out, grab Fiery_Valkyrie, and drag her into the car. The car then peels out. They'd later find Fiery wearing cement shoes in the Little Pee-Dee River...

Fiery_Valkyrie ("Sister Jane Doe" aka Joey "The Snitch" Snitcheroni) Sister-Aligned Doctor/"Nun" was taken away N2!

Day 3 starts now!

5 People left, 3 to kick out. Deadline is Friday at 10pm.

Not voting: Big Nothing, Juanito, mr. capps, Opopanax, kaschei

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Oh whoops. I blame everyone but myself but mostly votefinder.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Lunch was tense, tenser than normal even. The silence was broke when Mother Super Superior stood up.

"It's time we face facts. There's only five of us left in this drafty place. We should all just sign the contract and get transferred somewhere warmer... like Wilmington, NC!"

The rest of the sisters were shocked. This was their leader, the one they could trust unconditionally, but now she has turned her back to their beloved convent! In unison they all crumpled their rolls and threw them at the Mother Superior, knocking her off balance, out a precariously-low window, and off a cliff.

Opopanax (Mother Super Superior, Tired of All This poo poo), FunZone-Aligned Roleblocker Nun fell off a cliff D3!

Votefinder stuff

Juanito (0): Opop, Opop
Opop (3): kaschei, Juanito, mr. capps

Not voting: Big Nothing, Opopanax

Night?

Eight Dollars fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 5, 2014

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Poor little Bobby. He came into this world without a family and left without his arms and legs because of his leprosy. Still at least he didn't have to suffer from his polio, tuberculosis, chlamydia, West Nile Virus, bubonic plague, improvitis, Lou Gehrig's Disease or scurvy anymore. You're coughing with the angels now buddy!

Juanito (Lil Bobby Noparents, the Poor Orphan) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Orphan passed on N3!

Votecount

Not voting: Big Nothing, kaschei, mr. capps

No deadline, just vote or don't and wait forever - trapped in this convent!

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

:redhammer:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

And then there were only three, and surprisingly enough they were all nuns! There were no rabbis or orphans or men posing as nuns to get away from the mafia anymore. Here were three ladies of the faith ready to duke it out.

Right away Sister Amelia pointed at Postulant Mary von Capps. "I didn't spend ten years nunning in the rough streets of Chicago to be fooled by a criminal like you. Eat lead dirtbag!"

"The hills are alive alright... alive with the sound of LIES!" Mary shouted back. "You want to know a few of my favorite things? When the dog bites you, when the bee stings you, when YOU feel bad because you are the badguy!"

Almost instantaneously they both turned to Sister Patricia, the quiet nun who mostly kept to herself. She paused, as if hearing something from far off, and pointed one incriminating finger towards Mary.

Right away Mary broke down in tears. "I just wanted out! This place with all of its edelweiss! Where's the sludge metal and industrial noise?!?! Mother Super Superior!!!."

Before anyone could stop her she ran from the room. A bear, cougar and rabid raccoon were waiting for her right outside the door for some reason. Why would FunZone even want a place here? There are so many wild animals who eat nuns!

Big Nothing (Mary von Capp, The Noise Musician) FunZone-Aligned Goon was sent packing D4!

Which means...

kaschei (Sister Amelia, The Nun with a Gun) Sister-Aligned Cop/Nun and
mr. capps (Sister Patricia, The Nun Who Could Hear) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Nun...

...have won the game for the convent!

Congrats all!

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Setup Doc
Scum Doc

Short and quiet but sweet. Hope you all had fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Juanito posted:

Hay guys

Big Nothing posted:

I hate that movie ##vote Juanito

I laughed at this.

• Locked thread