Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
everything before Valuum was okay except Maximum RocknRoll which is terrible.

better punk: The Queers, Screeching Weasel, Teen Idols, SNFU, and pretty much anything from the 80's

Pennywise is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

tranime scholar posted:

punk's not dead

punk died when everyone that used to get uppity and offended by it stopped giving a poo poo

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I liked Guttermouth when I was like 17, but after a while their schtick got kind of old. Like listening to Madball. The Vandals are okay, but again, their earlier stuff is loving awesome and their later stuff just gets kind of lame. And while I like some Bad Religion they have never been good, mostly as a function of never learning to play their instruments.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgKQWaLI0xU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Oh poo poo the Queers and the Dwarves are coming to town soon too, totally catching that

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

MOOBS! posted:

good enough for me to assume flogging molly is pretty cool thank you :)

their poo poo can get a bit samey after a bit, but it's okay. dropkick Murphy's edge them out there.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

quickest way to tell if someone has never heard of them

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Most hardcore 80's stuff is fuckin awesome

also a lot of early 90's stuff like SNFU, eaaaaarly AFI, the first two Lagwagon albums, and other such stuff are cool too.

basically these bands should stop after like 2 or so albums when they lose all the aggression and dynamic feeling and learn how to play their guitars

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

I thought of them as this era stuff and decided to watch them on the coachella live stream recently and I was like uuuhhhhhh? I guess they changed, okay we can turn this off

everything after Black Sails is garbage, and even that's pushing it.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

reallivedinosaur posted:

SNFU is a good punk band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EskpqJXzKUk

Guttermouth is a lovely punk band, but they're playing in toronto tonight so I might go anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wke69G0ElJQ

SNFU is loving great, they still put on shows in van although their latest album was not very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

I saw the Buzzcocks live, close to a decade ago and it was so embarrassing to see elderly men trying to rock out. NOFX must now be in their late 40s and that can't be good. Aging punk bands are even more ridiculous than your standard touring corpses like the Rolling Stones or Springsteen.

It should be illegal to play rock n roll past the age of 35 unless you are black

punk bands should only be allowed to put out one album and that's it

maaaaaaaybe 2 if they already have stuff they want to record before they get signed anywhere

• Locked thread