Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006
AM I WEARING MY LEATHERS AND A HELMET? NO? I BETTER BE.
I went to get a beer tonight at the store and saw a couple fighting as I left. I called 911 when I saw a 6 foot man pushing his small girlfriend who was trying to leave. She wanted to leave the area, and he was physically pushing her back and forcing her to stay. All I could think about was my own sister getting slapped around and how mad it made me that the people who saw it did nothing. The fight was getting more violent so it was either me intervening and telling him to stop or call the cops. Because I am chronically incapable of minding my own business.

It seemed like the right thing to do, but I don't feel good about it. That man is going to jail tonight because of a phone call I made. That's really heavy. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but I really question if I made the right decision. I wanted him stopped but I don't know if he deserved jail.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Shoulda joined in. It was probably foreplay for some heavy DP action.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Should've offered to cuck him, op

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Should be sleeping posted:

when I saw a 6 foot man
why does this bear mentioning? is 6 foot tall?

wait did he ACTUALLY HAVE 6 FEET :aaa:

e: and anyone you got imprisoned is good news as the prison system is a hungry machine and if it's him it's not you

a hole-y ghost fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 30, 2014

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006

a hole-y ghost posted:

why does this bear mentioning? is 6 foot tall?

wait did he ACTUALLY HAVE 6 FEET :aaa:

I forgot to mention that she was barely 5 feet tall. He was using his size to intimidate her. That's why I mentioned that.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I forgot to mention that she was barely 5 feet tall. He was using his size to intimidate her. That's why I mentioned that.
hmm. if the heights were switched but the situtation was otherwise exactly the same would you have called :crossarms:

e: just give him a call while he's in jail and say you're sorry for his loss. it's the best of both worlds, the one world being you got him put in jail and the other world being you intervened and he kicked your rear end

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
little females are people too

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006

a hole-y ghost posted:

hmm. if the heights were switched but the situtation was otherwise exactly the same would you have called :crossarms:

e: just give him a call while he's in jail and say you're sorry for his loss. it's the best of both worlds, the one world being you got him put in jail and the other world being you intervened and he kicked your rear end

I'm not sure. But I think the fact that he was towering over her and using it to scare her pissed me off even more. It seemed to exacerbate the situation a bit.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

gary oldmans diary posted:

little females are people too

please cite your sources

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

e: and anyone you got imprisoned is good news as the prison system is a hungry machine and if it's him it's not you

No worries, plenty of room for everyone.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hm. find his girlfriend and see if you can get her shoes that will make her 1 ft. taller than him so when he gets out of the slammer you can follow them around and see

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

snitches get stitches op

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Agree with the majority, could've spit roasted.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
You did a misandry.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
pff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgOKduU05t4

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Kill him, gently caress her, kill her, then yourself.
Situation resolved with no regrets.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Wow people need to learn to keep their domestic violence in doors. So you are looking for a good line to text her? Something like "u need a better man than that in yo life"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Should have pissed on him

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

yeah but did he say any swear words at you

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006

roboshit posted:

yeah but did he say any swear words at you

He said: "Chad!! Tell them I didn't do anything, man!"

My name is not Chad. I do not know that man. So there's that.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

gj now hes gonna beat the poo poo out of her when he gets out

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You shouldn't have called the cops OP, you should have stepped in and beat his loving rear end then you should have taken the bitch home with you and got laid!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Vargs posted:

gj now hes gonna beat the poo poo out of her when he gets out
and chad

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
sounds like you should have intervened if it was bugging you so much because now you're a snitch

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Cucking Mama posted:

sounds like you should have intervened if it was bugging you so much because now you're a snitch
it' snot his fault. he's been bitchmade by the sistem since birth

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

lol at asking goons about anything not relating to anime or poverty ghost

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

lol at asking goons about anything not relating to anime or poverty ghost
or big quantities of semen like what do I do with this 50 gallon drum of senior citizen semen???

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

That man is going to jail tonight because of a phone call I made. That's really heavy.

Not really. If she wants to press charges he is in jail because of that.

Congrats on not being a terrible human being.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
He almost for sure won't be going to jail because it's extremely rare for domestic disputes to be tried or even followed up upon. Really OP, you probably just made her rear end beating a lot worse when he takes out the frustration of dealing with the cops on her.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
So good job a making a dude beat a woman OP.

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013

I went to get a beer tonight at the store and saw a couple fighting as I left. I called 911 when I saw a 6 foot man pushing his small girlfriend who was trying to leave. She wanted to leave the area, and he was physically pushing her back and forcing her to stay. All I could think about was my own sister getting slapped around and how mad it made me that the people who saw it did nothing. The fight was getting more violent so it was either me intervening and telling him to stop or call the cops. Because I am chronically incapable of minding my own business.

It seemed like the right thing to do, but I don't feel good about it. That man is going to jail tonight because of a phone call I made. That's really heavy. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but I really question if I made the right decision. I wanted him stopped but I don't know if he deserved jail.

Thoughts? Opinions?

everyone involved is a bitch

imo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

so op I think the real question is whether it's ethical for you to be spankin it to the thought of that guy and the girlfriend

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
You did the wrong thing, you know nothing about them or the situation they were in. You were too much of a pussy to ask what was actually going on, and instead you invited the most volatile element to that situation that you could outside of handing him a bottle of alcohol and a loaded pistol. And even if the guy was abusing her, what you did will, in all likelihood, not provide anything more than a catalyst to further trauma, as others have stated. Good job.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

wtsnaename posted:

You did the wrong thing, you know nothing about them or the situation they were in. You were too much of a pussy to ask what was actually going on, and instead you invited the most volatile element to that situation that you could outside of handing him a bottle of alcohol and a loaded pistol. And even if the guy was abusing her, what you did will, in all likelihood, not provide anything more than a catalyst to further trauma, as others have stated. Good job.

No, I doubt it.

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

Not really. If she wants to press charges he is in jail because of that.

Congrats on not being a terrible human being.

See, i want to believe that. But the cop specifically said that all they have to arrest him is my testimony to prove a crime took place. They put him in a police car and drove him to jail. He's there now. He did say the DA may or may not end up pressing charges based on their findings.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
narc means narcotics officer, don't got poo poo to do with domestic abuse, so no you ain't a narc and yes you did the right thing

you ever actually narc tho snitches get stitches

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

What you do is get your fuckin phone out and immediately up load it to world wide hip hop star

Wootiebabeh
Dec 21, 2009

devin2 posted:

everyone involved is a bitch

imo

Hell, I am.

Wootiebabeh
Dec 21, 2009

ShaunO posted:

What you do is get your fuckin phone out and immediately up load it to world wide hip hop star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I think you did the right thing, OP. gently caress the haters.

• Locked thread