Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006
AM I WEARING MY LEATHERS AND A HELMET? NO? I BETTER BE.
I went to get a beer tonight at the store and saw a couple fighting as I left. I called 911 when I saw a 6 foot man pushing his small girlfriend who was trying to leave. She wanted to leave the area, and he was physically pushing her back and forcing her to stay. All I could think about was my own sister getting slapped around and how mad it made me that the people who saw it did nothing. The fight was getting more violent so it was either me intervening and telling him to stop or call the cops. Because I am chronically incapable of minding my own business.

It seemed like the right thing to do, but I don't feel good about it. That man is going to jail tonight because of a phone call I made. That's really heavy. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but I really question if I made the right decision. I wanted him stopped but I don't know if he deserved jail.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006

a hole-y ghost posted:

why does this bear mentioning? is 6 foot tall?

wait did he ACTUALLY HAVE 6 FEET :aaa:

I forgot to mention that she was barely 5 feet tall. He was using his size to intimidate her. That's why I mentioned that.

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006

a hole-y ghost posted:

hmm. if the heights were switched but the situtation was otherwise exactly the same would you have called :crossarms:

e: just give him a call while he's in jail and say you're sorry for his loss. it's the best of both worlds, the one world being you got him put in jail and the other world being you intervened and he kicked your rear end

I'm not sure. But I think the fact that he was towering over her and using it to scare her pissed me off even more. It seemed to exacerbate the situation a bit.

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006

roboshit posted:

yeah but did he say any swear words at you

He said: "Chad!! Tell them I didn't do anything, man!"

My name is not Chad. I do not know that man. So there's that.

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

Not really. If she wants to press charges he is in jail because of that.

Congrats on not being a terrible human being.

See, i want to believe that. But the cop specifically said that all they have to arrest him is my testimony to prove a crime took place. They put him in a police car and drove him to jail. He's there now. He did say the DA may or may not end up pressing charges based on their findings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006

Morphix posted:

you just saw some boring poo poo at no danger to yourself don't play it up op

I didn't start the thread to brag. I was genuinely feeling conflicted about the situation. Was my reaction too extreme?

GBS has this unrelenting, cruel manner of grinding the truth out of a situation. Even if it's in the name of comedy, it's incredibly useful for self examination. I know what Gibbis does to people they judge and I needed to have my emotional bias stripped away.

So I got what I needed, and also learned what cucking is in the process... so there's that.

I also got an update from the cop who was on scene last night. He told me that the guy went to night court, was ordered to attend anger management, and released. I'm not gong to be Subpoena'd for court or anything.

I sincerely hope he gets his poo poo together, and leaves poor Chad alone.

• Locked thread