Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Link is sexy Link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

tomb raider always seemed kind of ok but i could never get into it

thats my tomb raider story

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Parallax Scroll posted:

cool story, bro

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Parallax Scroll posted:

the old ones have aged REALLY badly but you should try tomb raider anniversary, it's pretty cool!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_-miiLE19Y&t=204s

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

cat doter posted:

the old ones have aged REALLY badly but you should try tomb raider anniversary, it's pretty cool!

tormenting the butler guy and locking him in the freezer is timeless good fun imo

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

gorki posted:

tormenting the butler guy and locking him in the freezer is timeless good fun imo

shutting the butler in the freezer was the first step in unlocking nude mode for the swimming pool

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Eternal darkness is a good game but hard to find

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

The only reviewers I trust

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Okami is the best Zelda game, OP.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

making conan play through it was the best thing to come out of Tomb Raider

dude since when did tomb raider get so brutal

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

1gnoirents posted:

the new tomb raider had a qte every 10 minutes or so and p much all of them had brutal as gently caress deaths attached. I watched my buddy play some and he was getting embarrassed because he kept failing some parachute one and getting her impaled through the stomach on a tree branch. he kept saying "it wasnt like this when i was a kid"

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah it was, tr1 had spike deaths and poo poo, hella graphic. i dont care for it either but it was there from the beginning

i whis laura craft wuld ride my toombs

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

quakster posted:

yeah it was, tr1 had spike deaths and poo poo, hella graphic. i dont care for it either but it was there from the beginning

i whis laura craft wuld ride my toombs

What??? Did my dad set that poo poo to child mode or something I don't remember being fuckin impaled

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

1gnoirents posted:

What??? Did my dad set that poo poo to child mode or something I don't remember being fuckin impaled
Your dad was better at videogames than you will ever be.

You can get turned to gold in TR1 that's pretty hosed up! It's better in Anniversary, tho (more graphic)

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Would be the third leg in that Triforce.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Simply Simon posted:

Your dad was better at videogames than you will ever be.

You can get turned to gold in TR1 that's pretty hosed up! It's better in Anniversary, tho (more graphic)

lol I owned him at doom when I was like 7 years old what are you even TALKING about

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

1gnoirents posted:

lol I owned him at doom when I was like 7 years old what are you even TALKING about
you didn't see Lara getting impaled because he was doing that in his bedroom lmao

while you were busy practicing doom

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

I agree. Tomb Raider kind of sucks, sorry to break it to yu guys.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Simply Simon posted:

you didn't see Lara getting impaled because he was doing that in his bedroom lmao

while you were busy practicing doom

this is a solid point

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
a good 99.9% of the time i spent on tr2 consisted of trying to figure out the nude cheat and trying to kill that loving butler. gently caress you man, youre like a million years old, what the gently caress even is your purpose anymore, get cucked

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Ahaha 90% of tomb raider's single player campaign is spent taking cover and shooting men with pistols and machine guns

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

Ahaha 90% of tomb raider's single player campaign is spent taking cover and shooting men with pistols and machine guns

there was also a bow and arrer

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
yeah you could be all stealthy i remember

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
I like tomb raider when she shotted dinosaurs and made snarky remarks and it was inconsequential fluff, why everything got to be so dark and serious and covered in dirt nowadays

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Bolian Blues posted:

I like tomb raider when she shotted dinosaurs and made snarky remarks and it was inconsequential fluff, why everything got to be so dark and serious and covered in dirt nowadays

how can we enjoy all the entertaining titles in the tomb raider series without knowing lara's tragic grimdark origin story

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
tomb raider loving owns. one of the only vidya games worth playing anymore so gently caress all da hatas

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if Lara was a dude people would be high fiving eachother and going "lol gross :haw:" because of the cool deaths like when Isaac gets gibbed a hundred different ways in Dead Space or whatever :siren:

bonus Tomb Raider evolution shots:

From

to

pretty cool. I remember when Tomb Raider first came out and I saw the DEMO DISC on a PC GAMER magazine and I wanted to play it soooo bad

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Link is sexy Link

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
that fuckin boat segment in TR2 where you had to race to get under the closing door aaaaarrrrgh

e: yaoi link best link do it with yaoi ganondorf oof

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Polo-Rican posted:

Lol if you didn't stab the poo poo outta people exclusively.

Plus I'm sick in the head and lovvveeee reloading all my loving guns just like in last of us

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I agree. Tomb Raider kind of sucks, sorry to break it to yu guys.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Tomb Raider owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_agS9YoJxM

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

1gnoirents posted:

that tomb raider had an attempted rape bit they took out so lol female protags in video games

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I only like the parts where you do flips around her huge house and the butler follows you around with a tray of beverages.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
does she still turn like a tank? do you still have to hold eight buttons to do a suicide dive off the upper balcony of the practice mansion?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

st francis folley is good level

boob raider

nude patch . exe

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Robo Reagan posted:

that tomb raider had an attempted rape bit they took out so lol female protags in video games

No they didnt, I even shot the dude right in his cock and everything!

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Robo Reagan posted:

its still in there afaik. it's just actually not that explicit or objectionable and if you lose the QTE you just get killed, no rape ever happens. it's just a guy looking vaguely like he's going to grope Lara for all of two seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

what about that thing where they gave her big anime eyes in the Definitive Edition?

• Locked thread