Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's got it all except real hookshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006
AM I WEARING MY LEATHERS AND A HELMET? NO? I BETTER BE.
So Lara Croft is just sexy link?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

beyond good and evil is the best zelda game

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I recommend playing on hard just so it's a challenge though.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

uncharted is a good crash bandicoot game

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the original tomb raider was a 3d version of the original prince of persia

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Should be sleeping posted:

So Lara Croft is just sexy link?

Link is sexy Link

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Link is sexy Link

I like you.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
TR isn;t zelda

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Morkyz posted:

TR isn;t zelda

hosed up if true

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
if zelda got some implants she could be tomb raider.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I couldn't hit poo poo very well with lions charging my rear end in the first one, and I think 2 and 3 were just clones of the first.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Wicker Man posted:

I couldn't hit poo poo very well with lions charging my rear end in the first one, and I think 2 and 3 were just clones of the first.

2 had a loving dragon.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Cubey posted:

alundra is the best zelda game

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Morkyz posted:

TR isn;t zelda

Thanks for the thread bump

And making me realize it's almost been a whole loving horrific year of GBS Halloween edition

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Thanks for the thread bump

And making me realize it's almost been a whole loving horrific year of GBS Halloween edition

Those early days were magical.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

wtf why was this thread resurrected

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Morkyz finished TR, loved it, searched for the answers to life on SA. FOUND THEM. thread poo poo.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
maybe zelda is just tomb raider

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Do you think Link will have tits in the new one?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
For real. If you own a ps4 and need to burn some time beige destiny comes out, rent tomb raider dx cut and 100% it. It's a loving blast.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Tomb Raider is in fact not that good.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wrong

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tomb raider used to be prince of persia, but then it turned into sands of time, and now it's uncharted

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

error1 posted:

Do you think Link will have tits in the new one?
he might get tits as dlc in warriors

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

making conan play through it was the best thing to come out of Tomb Raider

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
pretty sure tomb raider doesn't fit on any timelines, hth.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Zelda 1 was a great Zelda game, after that I lost interest and now I'm too grown up to play silly fairy magic spell games, I'm more interested in shooting terrorists in the face over and over and stealing cars to give a gently caress about rafts whistles and rupees.

For real. If you own a ps4 and need to burn some time beige destiny comes out, rent tomb raider dx cut and 100% it. It's a loving blast.

Where the gently caress do you rent video games in 2014? Does redbox have ps4 stuff now? I stopped paying attention back in November when I still liked my ps4, they didn't have emm then and I stopped bothering to look.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Sep 2, 2014

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Zelda 1 was a great Zelda game, after that I lost interest and now I'm too grown up to play silly fairy magic spell games, I'm more interested in shooting terrorists in the face over and over and stealing cars to give a gently caress about rafts whistles and rupees.

i still like fairy magic spells and enchanted forests and castles and being a princess

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

uncharted is a good crash bandicoot game

uncharted was a decent frisbee

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bunky posted:

actually it was good you just dont like it because it's popular

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

actually it was good you just dont like it because it's popular

actually i didn't like it because the combat was dogshit

Morally Inept
Mar 5, 2012

by XyloJW
Until Zelda comes out with a good movie it will be second to TR.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bunky posted:

another thing it has in common with tomb raider

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

gorki posted:

i still like fairy magic spells and enchanted forests and castles and being a princess

Right on, I dont begrudge anyone digging fantasy, ive always been a lazer guns and robots type nerd.

Is Link's sword a lazer? Why did it fire the glowing bolt? Was that explained in the manual and I just don't remember?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

I recommend playing on hard just so it's a challenge though.

im playin on hard alright lmao and im NOT rtalkin aboiut the diffulculty challenge... lol

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Right on, I dont begrudge anyone digging fantasy, ive always been a lazer guns and robots type nerd.

Is Link's sword a lazer? Why did it fire the glowing bolt? Was that explained in the manual and I just don't remember?

i think the official reason is one of the devs really liked mega man

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

making conan play through it was the best thing to come out of Tomb Raider

the guy who's making happy fists over the impalement is one of the devs, isn't he

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Howard Beale posted:

the guy who's making happy fists over the impalement is one of the devs, isn't he

No, but I can imagine their reaction was the same.

That part is such bullshit too because you're basically guaranteed to get her impaled at least once on that sequence because you can barely see what the gently caress you're doing. everybody likes that game and it's alright (kinda mediocre) and I'm the last person to make a fuss about poo poo like this, but holy dogshit did they have a weird fixation for kicking the crap out of Lara as often and regularly as possible. You can't even transition from stage to stage without falling flat on your face or smacking into something. It's all the funnier when at the end you're like "let's finish the fight" and I'm like "yo, no, girl, go get some X-rays and poo poo, your ribs be broke, maybe sit down, smoke a bowl with the fat polynesian friend he's the only one of your friends who ain't poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

BottledBodhisvata posted:

No, but I can imagine their reaction was the same.

That part is such bullshit too because you're basically guaranteed to get her impaled at least once on that sequence because you can barely see what the gently caress you're doing. everybody likes that game and it's alright (kinda mediocre) and I'm the last person to make a fuss about poo poo like this, but holy dogshit did they have a weird fixation for kicking the crap out of Lara as often and regularly as possible. You can't even transition from stage to stage without falling flat on your face or smacking into something. It's all the funnier when at the end you're like "let's finish the fight" and I'm like "yo, no, girl, go get some X-rays and poo poo, your ribs be broke, maybe sit down, smoke a bowl with the fat polynesian friend he's the only one of your friends who ain't poo poo"

If you play on PS4 the motion controls kick in and if you move the controller at all it fucks you up even more.

• Locked thread