Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
azreal
Sep 2, 2011

Stick shift 4 lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
How familiar are you, exactly, with the gear wars, OP?

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
automatic i cant be jackin no cars dick while im tryin to drive

Eikre
May 2, 2009
I like manuals so that I can unscrew the little knob and put a dildo on the end instead and then have actual buttsex with my car instead of just froting it like most people.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Google car while I game

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Manual Trans Man's Trans. I gotta man trans in my Trans Am because a man needs a man trans, man.

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Clutch pedals begone, i can still pretend to drive manual. Take off in 3 then 2,1,D.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
manual but with a CVT

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
stick shift unless it's a luxury car made for cruisin

Copley Depot posted:

manual but with a CVT

good one!

roger wilco
Jun 22, 2012
I just traded my manual trans mustang for a truck with an automatic. :smith:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress the ROW posted:

How familiar are you, exactly, with the gear wars, OP?

Uh... not at all, really

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i travel everywhere by horse and buggy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i just bought an automatic transmission vehicle for the first time in 13 years

i expect phantom clutch foot to be in full force

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
lotta car talk in gbs recently. its p cool. automatic for towing, manual for everything else

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
manuals are less expensive but usually for commuting its a big pain in the rear end so I just dont bother and drive automatics

i want a new car really bad though this 09 corolla is boring as gently caress

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

maybe if i lived in the middle of loving nowhere and never had to drive in traffic i would go for manual

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Manuals are way more fun to drive. Automatics are way easier. Me? I have like 12 cars and they are about half and half. 7 automatics 5 manual.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

demonachizer posted:

Manuals are way more fun to drive. Automatics are way easier. Me? I have like 12 cars and they are about half and half. 7 automatics 5 manual.

can i have one of your cars

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

THS posted:

maybe if i lived in the middle of loving nowhere and never had to drive in traffic i would go for manual

same

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Automatic

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I have an auto with paddle shifters if I want to shift, but I don't know how so

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I have an automatic, a semi-auto with paddle shift and a manual. I actually like the automatic best despite having driven various manuals for 19 years. Fuel efficiency is poo poo on the auto though.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

At 14 i taught myself to drive a stick when my parents went on vacataion and left the 82 chevette. ha that will stump him! I'm sure they exclaimed

Stick is def more "fun" but kind of a drag when its gas brake honk gas brake honk and daily stupid driving poo poo

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Google car while I game

I long for this day like you wouldn't believe. Also why I bough a house near the train.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

i have an automatic stick shift.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

demonachizer posted:

when the imaginary person asked you how many imaginary cars you have did you check behind you and then gesture toward your chest to make sure he wasnt asking another imaginary person

for me? why yes i would like some more cheetohs good waifu

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I've never driven an automatic and only known maybe three people who owned one, one of which had to because he had one foot. You can't even get a full driving licence here without passing in a manual.
It's no effort to use a manual; once it's embedded in your motor-memory it takes no more thought than walking.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

manual or you a bitch

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Even in traffic if you are "good at driving" manual is easy.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
You're wrong.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Quantum of Phallus posted:

manual or you a bitch

do you still live in the same < 50k population city you grew up in?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bitterandtwisted posted:

I've never driven an automatic and only known maybe three people who owned one, one of which had to because he had one foot. You can't even get a full driving licence here without passing in a manual.
It's no effort to use a manual; once it's embedded in your motor-memory it takes no more thought than walking.

constant gear rowing in heavy traffic is fatiguing whether or not you're actively thinking about it. Then you get tired, and start thinking about it, and get mad

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I have an auto with paddle shifters if I want to shift, but I don't know how so

Paddle shifters are useless. The benefit of manual comes from using the clutch.

I like manual because it's always better in clutch situations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jonny 290 posted:

constant gear rowing in heavy traffic is fatiguing whether or not you're actively thinking about it. Then you get tired, and start thinking about it, and get mad

Learn to coast br0!

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
manual. period

the only time I even notice it during regular driving is actual stop and go traffic for miles. or if you have a 700 lb clutch but its been a while since that

only exception imo is pickups. torque converter important if you actually need to use a pick up for real reasons

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Automatics are worse in certain types of traffic. If you're in gridlock an auto is better but if it's stop-and-go traffic a manual is better cos you can just dump it into first and let it roll at 3mph.

I hope to jump straight from driving manual rocketships directly into self-driving cars. Nothing wrong with autos but it's hard to be a hobbyist with any car that has a slushbox.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I drive a manual and I'm left handed. You idiots have no excuse. Manuals are still better in gridlock too. You don't drive by using the gas pedal, you drive by manipulating the clutch in gridlock.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

auto with a +/- selector to the side of D. sorry tryhards, best of both worlds

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
dpad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
What's worse, somebody still living with their parents at age 30 or somebody who never learned how to drive??

• Locked thread