Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Playing Rayford Steele in the reboot of Left Behind

And the trailer is now out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM_jFz8hdig

Originally Ashley Tisdale was set to star but she dropped out even though she was on posters already

What is Left Behind:

Left Behind is a 16 book series that was written by these two guys

They sold 63 million of these books.

Previous Left Behind movies starred Kirk Cameron, seen here celebrating his 41st Birthday

They even made a Game

quote:

In the single-player campaign, the player controls the Tribulation Force, a Christian group in a post-Rapture New York City, who are combating the influence of the Global Community, the world government led by the Antichrist Nicolae Carpathia. The player directs the actions of the main characters (Rayford Steele, Cameron "Buck" Williams, Chloe Steele, and Bruce Barnes) and the Tribulation Force's units in an effort to defeat the Global Community by converting neutral and Global Community-allied civilians to their side and only using lethal force when necessary (ex.Global Community Army). But the player's main goal is to use conversion rather than violence, only resorting to combat when necessary, since killing causes the "spirit level" of the player's units to drop. If the "spirit level" of a player's unit drops too low, the unit will turn neutral or defect to the GC, which can cause the player to lose the game. In the multiplayer component of the game, up to eight players can compete online against each other in teams, with one team playing as the Tribulation Force and the other playing as the Global Community

Who is ready to get Left Behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i liked him in Adaptation

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.
It's Nicholas cage so at least we know the movie is going to be good.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

directed by paul verhoeven

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
The slacktivist read of the Left Behind series is really cool. Basically an evangelical Christian with a few brain cells to rub together deconstructs how bad it is dogmatically and in terms of prose: http://slacktivist.typepad.com/slacktivist/left_behind/

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

THS posted:

I would watch the poo poo out of a fundamentalist christian version of the apocalypse movie directed by verhoeven.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Previous Left Behind movies starred Kirk Cameron, seen here celebrating his 41st Birthday

rewards of the atheist christian

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

quote:

In the single-player campaign, the player controls the Tribulation Force, a Christian group in a post-Rapture New York City, who are combating the influence of the Global Community, the world government led by the Antichrist Nicolae Carpathia
only a Carpathian would come back to life now, and choose New York.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

i like nicolas cage a lot and he is a good actor but i think hes also a hosed up alcoholic or something which is why he keeps making these bad movie decisions

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

roboshit posted:

i like nicolas cage a lot and he is a good actor but i think hes also a hosed up alcoholic or something which is why he keeps making these bad movie decisions

he lost all his money and is trying desperately to maintain his opulent lifestyle

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
port of call new orleans owned hard

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Still waiting for a good movie based on Sodom and Gomorra, seriously it's a license to print money.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I was..... left behind.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Leftovers looks like it has some promise to it.

Anyone read the book it is going to be based on?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
elliot rodgers was left behind. the main character is a 30 yo virgin lmfao

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

THS posted:

best four word movie pitch i've ever seen

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Originally Ashley Tisdale was set to star but she dropped out even though she was on posters already

Maybe she got raptrued?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
rapture? more like rat turd!

see also, Rap Turd

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

cage movies might be great or poo poo, but theyre usually entertaining so whatever, im into it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also i like how their left behind clothes are so neat in the trailer

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Snapchat A Titty posted:

cage movies might be great or poo poo, but theyre usually entertaining so whatever, im into it

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Snapchat A Titty posted:

also i like how their left behind clothes are so neat in the trailer

god hate's a mess

almost as much as he hates filthy sinners

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Snapchat A Titty posted:

WHAT AM I A loving RETARD?!?!?

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Everybody in this thread should probably just watch vampire's kiss and bad lieutenant: port of call new orleans instead of this.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I worked for a movie gallery before they went bankrupt when Bad Lieutenant came out on DVD. My boss really liked the movie and told me Cage made for a handsome leading man.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

N. Senada posted:

I worked for a movie gallery before they went bankrupt when Bad Lieutenant came out on DVD. My boss really liked the movie and told me Cage made for a handsome leading man.

i wasn't oging to see this movie but now i will

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

N. Senada posted:

just for the heck of it i wanted to prove your boss wrong and googled handsome nicolas cage but i guess i am the one who is wrong

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I read the first five or six books when I was younger, mostly because the paperbacks had really stylish cover designs.

Now I'm an evolutionary biologist.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
That middle-aged woman was full of wisdom, she also let me break street date on games and take them home before they were out for rent.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Amarcarts posted:

I read the first five or six books when I was younger, mostly because the paperbacks had really stylish cover designs.

Now I'm an evolutionary biologist.

well now you know what to expect when it happens.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Nic Cage is poo poo and the "meme" about liking him is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
I believe in god and the rapture but I believe the rapture happened like over a thousand years ago and nobody noticed because almost all christians are just faking it.

• Locked thread