Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which heat scrub is gonna blow up for 15+ points tonight? check all that applies
This poll is closed.
james jones 11 11.83%
toney douglas 9 9.68%
lebron james 30 32.26%
greg oden 28 30.11%
none of the above 15 16.13%
Total: 52 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

WEREWAIF posted:

What's your personal definition of matchup issue?

Wouldn't it be a player whose play results in distortions of the normal pattern of play of the other team?

Not quite. Dirk is a stretch 4. That spaces the defense. I don't consider Dirk to be a matchup issue because the way he was played was simply to shove Tiago on him and Tiago did well in that role. If Dirk could drive better then I'd consider him a matchup issue. Tiago would be too slow to guard him, and Diaw is not long enough to bother him. Basically you're making concessions on who you decide to matchup with him.

Diaw is a matchup issue for the Thunder because he pulls their only credible rim protector out of the lane, unless Adams is in the game. They also don't have anyone that can guard him at the perimeter and in the post; one of those areas should be soft.

Ibaka is a matchup issue for the Spurs because they don't have anyone that can match his height/athleticism and cover the ground Ibaka can shoot from. Fortunately he can't create for himself at all, so this is mitigated a lot.

Durant can be guarded by Kawhi well enough, but the Spurs coaching staff decided Parker shouldn't be on Westbrook (a move I don't really agree with). So Westbrook is creating matchup problems because they had to slide 3 to 1, 1 to 2, and 2 to 3. Luckily the Spurs defenders are versatile enough that it's not that huge of a deal, outside of Durant and Westbrook being superstars.

Basically I think the Spurs are versatile enough on defense that they don't have any true matchup problems except Aldridge, Ibaka, and Bosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I didn't watch much of the Pacers/Heat game cause of hockey overlap but I can confirm that Lance is now my favorite player in the league based solely on the amount of THE INTEGRITY OF BASKETBALL tweets I saw today. Go Lance go, you are my heart.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who wants to tell Cygni the bad news?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Cygni posted:

I didn't watch much of the Pacers/Heat game cause of hockey overlap but I can confirm that Lance is now my favorite player in the league based solely on the amount of THE INTEGRITY OF BASKETBALL tweets I saw today. Go Lance go, you are my heart.

Well maybe watch it because he is a jackass, sometimes those INTEGRITY OF BASKETBALL type tweets can be correct. There is funny jackass like blowing in a guy's ear, and there is just straight up begging to get punched, like slapping* LeBron's chin or nailing Cole in the face while 'going for the ball.' He was actively trying to start fights. It was embarrassing.

*I am not sure what to describe this 'blow', it was not a punch, not really a slap, but I am not sure what it was

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

It looked like a full on slap, but he realized at the last minute that basically clotheslining a dude is not the best idea and he pulled up.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Also he threw his GF down a flight of stairs

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Also he sexually assaulted a minor.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
someone else make tonights gdt, ideally someone who is invested and cares because I'm all tapped out right now

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

someone else make tonights gdt, ideally someone who is invested and cares because I'm all tapped out right now

i'm not invested and don't care but i made one anyway

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639195

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Good, texas teams deserve no more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

By another texan too no less what a terrible state

• Locked thread