Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which heat scrub is gonna blow up for 15+ points tonight? check all that applies
This poll is closed.
james jones 11 11.83%
toney douglas 9 9.68%
lebron james 30 32.26%
greg oden 28 30.11%
none of the above 15 16.13%
Total: 52 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

angry climber posted:

I see a lot of blocking fouls being called on whoever is defending Lebron tonight.

At least two Pacers starters will be going to the bench in the 1st quarter with 2 fouls. They are definitely going to whistle Lance the first time he touches someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ramadu posted:

That's the only demo that lives in Indiana.

Our old people all move to Arizona

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Less Hibbert post ups, more of that pick and roll stuff.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Vire posted:

Lebron should do that every time except he should also elbow lance in the throat while he is there

That's the goal

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Vire posted:

Why isn't that a tech I lance he slapped lebron

Why wasn't it a tech when Lebron came up and elbowed him after the basket. Just boys being boys

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Nice job Hill. I love when Scola leaves his man as if he is going to contribute something with help D.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ramadu posted:

Was Hibbert ever actually good? Or was it all an illusion. It feels so long ago when everyone thought he was dominant

Hibbert just needs to play with energy, which he is. He's never been a guy to run the offense through, but they get trapped into trying it and it slows everyone down.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Some Jerk posted:

Lance will never lay down, although he may be dragged off the court, possibly in handcuffs

I don't know what prompted the Mahinmi sighting but I do not approve

Hibbert needs his rest and there is literally no one else on the Pacers bench, no one. Certainly nobody who can shoot.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Haha random Heat scrub talking poo poo to Lance.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Rick posted:

Paul George really hasn't even been good defensively in these playoffs which kind of makes him hard to have on the floor when it's one of his bad offense nights.

You must have missed him destroying Wade's drive earlier.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Some Jerk posted:

Much as I enjoy Lance, you are not gonna win this game if Lance has decided he's going to lead the charge. Paul George doing like anything would be a good start.

Dude the Pacers were never winning this game unless there were crazy circumstances, this is just the NBA.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

PantsFreeZone posted:

Haslem to Lance: "I'm going to gently caress you up"

https://vine.co/v/Md9hHJIJAAB

YESSSSSSSSsssssssssssss

How is he going to do that from the bench?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Good lord Hill, can't even hit rim on an open 3 tonight.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I wonder if it can get embarrassing enough that Vogel gets fired.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

He slammed his body into his back you loving dumbasses

E: well that was for the crowd, no surprise heat posters couldn't see it either though

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

nachos posted:

Hibbert is getting torched here

They act like he doesn't have to help on Chalmers. But he does when George Hill is guarding him.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

If Vogel doesn't start the second half with Watson, Stephenson, PG, West and Copeland then he's toast.

I was convinced Vogel was safe, but now I'm getting kinda hopeful.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ramadu posted:

That's not quite what I meant. He shouldn't have committed dumb fouls (or refs were homecooking whatever) yes, but the fact is he didn't play in the game. And they barely won. If you can't beat the heat without him, do you really think they can beat them with him?

They have though, they have beat the heat plenty of games with Lebron having good games?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Right now I do think he's gonna get fired and Mark Jackson will replace him. Either in the off-season or if they start slow next year.

Naw, Larry wants a hardass coach. Of course it's a double edged sword, he did hire O'Brien after all.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Libertine posted:

At least this will be Lance's last game as a Pacer, so maybe the team will actually be likable next year.

Simmons and Lowe are convinced that nobody is going to offer him a good contract. They vastly underestimate the stupidity of most GM's.

It's actually kind of a dream scenario for me, I'd be thrilled if the Pacers can get Lance back for like 8-9 mil a year.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Bashez posted:

The Pacers won because Lebron played poorly.

No, they won't win if Lebron doesn't play poorly.

Last year the Pacers won a game in which Lebron had 36 points on 14-20 shooting. The difference in the first few games of this series is that Wade was making every floater over Hibbert, something that didn't happen last year.

The issue for the Pacers on defense right now is that they can only put PG on one of them. He eats up Wade, but when Lance is on Lebron, the Heat just work him to the same side as West. And West is a poo poo help defender.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Are there any PGs available? Because they would be soooooo much better if they had a real point guard to get the offense moving.

Buy out Scola, throw 15 mil at Lowry. That's the best point guard solution. Bledsoe is good but restricted and Phoenix is anxious to kneecap themselves with his contract (literally).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

SeannieDarko posted:

Oooo yes. Get Kyle Lowry and pray he doesn't fall back to earth.

Uhhh the N/V thread assured me that Lowry is a much better player than Lance, so we are good

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Bashez posted:

Back when the Pacers had an semblance of an offense, they could. Those days are gone, and I can't figure out why.

Because Lance is selfish and a big meanie and it has hurt everyone's feelings. At least that's what Indy media says.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

There is about a negative $5,000,000% chance they can afford to match his free agent offers with only like $7,500,000 in cap space next year, and he probably isn't going to be too charitable with the contract representing the majority of his career earning potential

Pacers will be 11 mil under the luxury cap with the recent estimates, and Copeland/Scola can easily clear up 3-6 mil. They have the flexibility to make a move, but it's going to be vital because right now there is a reset switch on this core in 1-2 seasons. West and Hibbert both come off the cap the same year, and Hill will have one 8 mil season left. PG will be making 16-17 mil, which ain't bad for a cap that will be northward of 75 mil. The wildcard is the contract they give to Lance or a free agent this offseason. My coworker today actually advocated picking up Turners 7 mil option and it was all I could do to walk away.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lance :argh:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Jota posted:

What's the cap estimated to be around next year? 70 million? That's right around what the luxury tax was this year and the salary cap this year was around %58. Because if they don't offer Turner and Allen qualifying offers and get rid of Scola and Sloan's contracts they still look to be around $59 million guaranteed next year already

True, they could go up to 15 mil (unwise) to keep Lance, but anything over 7 mil or so for a free agent would involve sign and trades and all that stuff.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

SeannieDarko posted:

Booya...suck it Miami. Your baseball team just lost.

:hfive:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

PantsFreeZone posted:

We have a baseball team?

They are in the opposite league as the Yankees, so you may not have seen them.

balancedbias posted:

:barf:

How do the Pacers do this every time?

Look if you were expecting the Pacers to play two good games in a row, then that's on you.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Cope! :w00t:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

See that's some clutch D by Cope there.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well at least the inevitable 4th quarter brawl will help the West team with a few suspended Heat. I'll probably be at the grocery store by that point.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Some Jerk posted:

Ok I know basically everyone on earth expected an asskicking, but this is far worse than I ever imagined

Good, a close loss would have been worse. Should have been a round 1 exit.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Stop playing defense on Cope you shitheads.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

MourningView posted:

Defensively he already is, but I don't think his jumper will ever be good enough for him to be that guy on offense. Ideally he's probably a great second option for someone.

It's his 4th season and 2nd season as the #1 guy, so he still has a lot of room to grow and has improved every year. Earlier in the year, when the Pacers actually ran an offense that got him decent looks, he was shooting 47%. Ah the halcyon days. Right now he is either shooting 3's or having to work on his own for everything.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

SadRoy.jpg

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

WEREWAIF posted:

what happened

Teams decided the best defense was just to bait PG into playing hero ball. It generally worked because Roy fell off a cliff and the Pacers don't have another strong 3 point shooter (that plays). Lance and Hill have their moments but if they were off then PG was just left to try to force shots. That's partially on him, partially on the rest of the team/coach.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah lets get this brawl started, who cares if Lance is suspended, he will be on another team.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Evan Turner doesn't even get garbage minutes

Somewhere, Jota feels a faint twinge of happiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I think we are all guilty of the seven nation army blight. I blame Penn State.

COPE

• Locked thread