Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Thanks for the OOC infodump, Gorbash!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
No problem. I'm trying to be more explicit about information. Sometimes it doesn't fit into the flow of normal RP posts.

Anyways as I mentioned in the IC thread Atlatl needs to bow out, so Hyun-Ae will stay behind with the mercs and will be run as an NPC for a little.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Comrade Gorbash posted:

No problem. I'm trying to be more explicit about information. Sometimes it doesn't fit into the flow of normal RP posts.

Anyways as I mentioned in the IC thread Atlatl needs to bow out, so Hyun-Ae will stay behind with the mercs and will be run as an NPC for a little.

Does that mean nobody else has to stay behind? Just checking!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Ettin posted:

Does that mean nobody else has to stay behind? Just checking!

Yeah everyone else can go through the portal.

Needing someone to stay behind was just creating a narrative excuse for why Hyun-ae isn't around, since Atlatl needed to leave.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Hey look I finally got around to making a replacement for Severe Nonlocality!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Hey Emerald Rogue and Tempus Rimeblood!

As I mentioned above, I'm doing a recruit for another NTech game, and I was thinking of taking the app sentrygun made there for this game, to bring us back to 6. What do you guys think?

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
I'm up for it. Sounds like fun! Also, I promise I'll have more of an IRC presence here soon, I've just been really busy.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Also sorry for leaving you hanging in that last scene Emerald, gonna make it up to you here. :3:

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Haha, no problem. I've been busy with work stuff and a teething baby:cry: so I barely noticed!

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
hey hi guess i'm over here now, have a character sheet

Berry Pop

POP IT LIKE A WHEELIE SHOULD
I’M UP ON YOUR MIND FEELING PRETTY GOOD
DON’T STOP IT! BITCH YOU IN MY WAY
THANK YOU SO MUCH OH WOW OK

Yeah, something like that! That's not just a catchy tune though, not after I get a hold of it. It's also a set of core command line instructions that should inhibit external inputs and start flooding it with garbage commands. It's also pretty catchy though, duh.

It's all based on a little technique I came up with back when I still worked at whatever little security companies would be interested in some plain ol' security consultant like me. Instead of typing in a bunch of super boring commands, I realized I could mix music around and with some tiny little changes I got beats reading as prompt lookups which fed commands to the core input. It's a little more complex than that, but the important thing is that I could hack a computer just by blaring a speaker at it. Then I played around with some tech with a little help from some of my friends working in robotics, and I got myself a neural transmitter that let me think changes into music to remix it on the fly and use it to send commands however I wanted. It's also a pretty great set of 'phones! Docs said pulsing music straight through my brain like that was liable to make me start hallucinating, but that's totally a load of nonsense, yeah? Totally not hallucinating.

Of course, people just thought I was some crazy weirdo shooting pop straight into my brain, but they started singing a different tune after some two-bit hacker in a van decided to call the company I was working at and negotiate a ransom on some documents he stole. I got a hold of the phone, shot some tweaked jams through it, and voila! The idiot had a nice little locked up room with a dance party set up by yours truly, with everything from his phone to the van itself rendered inoperable and flooding him with some pretty hype pop blaring out every speaker and my little animated business card flashing on every screen. After that hit the news, I had a whole desk fulla offers from about every big name company wanting a little bit of my magic.

Had to just pick one, though, so I picked my favorite. Those cuties over at Exocute wanted my tech to make some kinda scrambler gun. Basically, it'd shoot out something mega basic that should work against most bots and junk like that to send them on the fritz and lock 'em up. And, by request, it'd do so with some ridiculous sounding J-Pop. It's quick and bouncy enough to fit a ton of garbage commands into, and Exocute loved the design, so I guess I can excuse their terrible taste in music! They paid me for the rights to it, and I started working for their security to make sure all their secret docs and that kinda junk were locked up tight. Seemed like a pretty great deal at first, but I'm not joking around when I say I'm seriously a pro at this stuff, and Exocute isn't exactly the biggest target around anyways.

Only took about a year before I realized I'd jacked so many scouting botnets and locked things down so tight that nobody could figure out my encryption (buncha uncultured nerds who don't know anything about music, clearly), and that I wasn't actually doing anything except sitting around and stonewalling Exocute's tech side just by existing. I even ran a little test and brought down security for a whole week while monitoring it to make sure nothing actually got through, and... Not a single attempt was made. In fact, any attempts on stealing tech from us were all physical. Nobody could get at the design docs, so everyone who still cared tried to get their hands on the actual prototypes and stuff, all well out of my department.

Things were super boring, and just because I could have coasted on that doesn't mean I wanted to. Luckily, when word happened to get out that Berry was falling asleep at her desk, along comes an offer from some jerk betting I couldn't do the same with the biggest corp around. Which, I mean, probably true. Manually monitoring that much junk would be a pretty hot way to make myself crazy for real. But a challenge seems way better than snoozing around all day, so I quit out with the Exocuties, stripped my security system out since they couldn't even figure out how to start dealing with it by themselves, and signed up with Toku. Worst case, it's super duper boring over there too and I can just ditch them in a year with enough to retire for life, but I bet they've got a thing or two to keep me busy, yeah? They better!

...Except I got a way better offer from some weird magicians, so I took that instead! Money talks, y'know?

Concept: The Loudest Hacker
Bubblegum: Overamplified Personality
Hacker: Chippedtunes
Action: Dancing All Night
Omega: Pop-Induced Psychosis*

+5: Systems, Empathy
+4: Vehicles, Burglary
+3: Notice
+2: Contacts, Decieve, Stealth
+1: Combat, Physique, Provoke

Stunts:

Signature Aspect: Pop-Induced Psychosis

Rhythmic Encryption: Add +2 to the difficulty of any Systems-based opposition you make.

Super Pop Neurotransmitter (Megastunt, 3 benefits)
> Function: Kick Out The Jams
> Flaw: Too Loud To Think
> Absolute Ability: Overwhelm technology with pop music (Systems), but at a cost (loud rear end music)
> Can't Hear You!: Armor:2 against mental attacks

Rainbow Rider Motobike Mk.IX (Personal Hardware)
> Ramming Speed!: Vehicles can be used to Attack, just put the motorcycle through a dude.
> Facemelter: Weapon:2 when you put the motorcycle through a dude.

Stress
Physical: ♪♪
Mental: ♪♪♪♪♪

Anything else I gotta do? Gonna kind of catch up and figure out how to best put a motorcycle through a thing to get to an introduction.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Hi sentrygun!

I've got an idea to get you involved in the next few days. I'll catch up with you on IRC and get sorted soon.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Did we get a milestone?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Yes my bad, I'm dumb.

Because PBP is so slow, I've decided to give significant milestones more often so you actually advance from time to time. In this case, I'm going to give you a Significant and a Minor Milestone together. You get all of the following:

• You can do one of the following:
⁌ You may swap the ratings of any two skills within a single mode.
⁌ You may replace a stunt with another stunt, or a mega-stunt with another mega-stunt.
⁌ You may rewrite one aspect that isn’t your concept aspect.

• You gain an experience—a boost related to the events of the volume. This can reference a notable act, a lesson learned, a loss suffered, or anything else that happened during the volume that’s worth writing down. When you gain an experience, it sticks around until you use it, even if that means it’s on your sheet through multiple issues or volumes. In every other respect, an experience is just like a boost. After invoking an experience, draw a line through it, but leave it on your character sheet. When you have three crossed-out experiences at the end of an issue, erase them all. You can never have more than three recorded experiences.

• You earn one point. Points can be accumulated over time—you don’t have to spend them all at once, and can save leftover skill points to spend later—and are spent to improve skills. You can also spend them to add new skills to a weird mode.
pre:
Improvement			Point Cost
Focus a trained skill		1
Specialize a focused skill	2
Specialize a trained skill	3
Add a new skill to a mode	Cost of the skill
EDIT: sentrygun, you get the extra point but none of the other stuff (you can swap around aspects/stunts if you want to before intro, though).

First infodump post to answer questions will come tomorrow.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 21, 2015

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
EDITED: Cain will switch "Die Another Day" for the following stunt, pending approval:

"The Report Is In My File: Cain may use Combat, in lieu of other skills, to reveal Aspects of an enemy he could reasonably have fought before."

Tempus Rimeblood fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 21, 2015

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
I might scrap Rhythmic Encryption as it is now because it was a boring copout I copied out of the book, otherwise I'll see about what I'd want to spend the point on and also I'll actually be around during the day tomorrow, so I'll bug you when I see you around Gorbash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I'll be posting by tomorrow, sorry for the delay, it's been a bit of a strange week. Ettin, if Li Wu has anything she wants to do she should do it by tomorrow!

• Locked thread