Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ima snipe yo thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

TheJoker138 posted:

I have no problem with them using a Native American as a mascot, just that they literally have a racist slur as their team name. It's like if the Fighting Irish were called the "Drunk Lazy Micks."

Honestly I was on the "change the Redskins name" bandwagon before it was cool, like back in 2005 or so because I was super liberal trying to be as SJW as possible. I looked up some info on the term "redskin" and it really was kind of an obscure slur that was rarely used/considered a slur, and only fringe Native American groups were campaigning to change the name; so I kind of dropped it. American society is just really in this "get offended at anything possible" phase and I guess the skins had a halfway decent season a few years ago and now it's all the rage.

also lol

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
The Kansas City Corn-fed Steroid-sucking Homophobic Pin-headed Way-overpaid Idiot Dumbfuck Jocks

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

the santa barbara elliot rodgers

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

The Brown Menace posted:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
UCSB Supreme Gentlemen

I hear they have an opening

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Maybe if the Redskins change their name they'll stop sucking. It's worth a shot.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

The San Francisco Yellow-skinned Expendable Laborers. Call em the YELo’s for short

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

The Jackson Mississippi Emmet Tills

bignose
Mar 21, 2006
fucked up
the Arbeit macht frei All Stars

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

They just need to go all out with their racism. Rename them the Washington Godless Savages, and during halftime they get to rape and scalp a white woman, ya know for good luck.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
The Biloxi Banjo-Lips

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
The Castro Barebacks.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Houston Frackers

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Austin Californians

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Brown Menace posted:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

these simpleton savages can't understand that as a noble white middle class goon i truly know what is best for them, and what words they should be offended by, dumbass

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
The New York Yids

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

crankdatbatman posted:

Honestly I was on the "change the Redskins name" bandwagon before it was cool, like back in 2005 or so because I was super liberal trying to be as SJW as possible. I looked up some info on the term "redskin" and it really was kind of an obscure slur that was rarely used/considered a slur, and only fringe Native American groups were campaigning to change the name; so I kind of dropped it. American society is just really in this "get offended at anything possible" phase and I guess the skins had a halfway decent season a few years ago and now it's all the rage.

also lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_at9dOElQk
Disney's Peter Pan - "What Makes The Red Man Red"

Nothing acceptable about white men and women representing Indians as a mythical tribe that are actually red skinned. You could almost argue that it's all in a land of make-believe and no harm is intended, except that one of the Indians, Tiger Lily, looks like a real human being.

Of course Disney entirely made up for it with their accurate portrayal of woodlands Native Americans in the film "Pocahontas". Oh wait, no. They aged Pocahontas about ten years so she could be a love interest for her white savior.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Suicide Sam E. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_at9dOElQk
Disney's Peter Pan - "What Makes The Red Man Red"

Nothing acceptable about white men and women representing Indians as a mythical tribe that are actually red skinned. You could almost argue that it's all in a land of make-believe and no harm is intended, except that one of the Indians, Tiger Lily, looks like a real human being.

Of course Disney entirely made up for it with their accurate portrayal of woodlands Native Americans in the film "Pocahontas". Oh wait, no. They aged Pocahontas about ten years so she could be a love interest for her white savior.

thank god this white guy is here to tell redskins when they should and should not be offended

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
"jigaboo" is a pretty obscure slur by now, i think its high time to staple it to some lovely aaa team

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

A Stupid Baby posted:

"jigaboo" is a pretty obscure slur by now, i think its high time to staple it to some lovely aaa team

if you know any old southern white people they LOVE jigaboo and pickaninny

tbf they are the funniest sounding slurs

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

genderstomper58 posted:

these simpleton savages can't understand that as a noble white middle class goon i truly know what is best for them, and what words they should be offended by, dumbass

they're too busy languishing in abject poverty to give a gently caress about bad words

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Pretty much every left-leaning American claims to be 1/128 or 1/512 or something impossible like 1/5 Cherokee or Sioux or Ojibwe, so we are all Redskins now.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

TheImmigrant posted:

Pretty much every left-leaning American claims to be 1/128 or 1/512 or something impossible like 1/5 Cherokee or Sioux or Ojibwe, so we are all Redskins now.
i'm 100% pure white, tyvm

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The Athletics because it promotes the unfair idea that only athletic people are good at sports.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

is the term cotton pickin' ok to still use? like Yosemite Sam: "you cotton pickin' no good hootananny!" pretty sure I still hear that used on TV every now and then. nascar races mainly

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

has anyone said the friend of the family faggots yet

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

The Brown Menace posted:

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

oh my god quit whining you goon babies
waaah everyone is sensitive waaah

also i second the santa barbara incels

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

poopzilla posted:

is the term cotton pickin' ok to still use? like Yosemite Sam: "you cotton pickin' no good hootananny!" pretty sure I still hear that used on TV every now and then. nascar races mainly

Sam sez yes on cotton pickin'.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

A Stupid Baby posted:

Houstonians call their light rail system the "jig-a-boo choo-choo" cuz only poor people ride it.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TheImmigrant posted:

I know people who hide the fact that they have status cards

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
http://www.changethemascot.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/DrFriedmanReport.pdf

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
The US chess amateur team championship years ago had a team enter with the name Searching for Bobbitt's Pisser.

My brother had a fantasy MLB team called The Ton Ton Macoutes.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

my favorite nhl team is devils and there is no more funny junk going on that name from insane christians makes always my day

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Wild Hogs
May 6, 2008
all sports teams should be banned because they are ableist

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

team gay virgin b/c it takes me back to those bitter days before I was able to do sex w/ men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Yeah, they should have kept Pocahontas has a twelve year old bride.

• Locked thread