Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
azreal
Sep 2, 2011

Shooting guns is really fun, you guys should try it sometime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

ban guns kill all gun owners

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i am he posted:

Wild Hogs
May 6, 2008
me and some of my GP (gun powder) buddies open carry muskets at the farmer's market on the weekends. you gotta respect the power of a weapon like that. i dont want to hurt anyone but if you try to talk to me at a crosswalk i might

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

azreal posted:

i agree, i have a 16 gauge and a 12 gauge and they are fun and cool to shoot

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

No thanks man I was born with a penis.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

guns rule same with bazookas. really any nintendo periph. was pretty sweet.

gently caress firearms though only spergs that wanna kill a black like those.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i enjoy shooting guns but i dont feel its necessary to own one

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

azreal posted:

I knew a guy who bought a gun with a pocket clip. I asked if he planned to carry it someday. He said "nah I'm gonna take the clip off. I bought it cuz it's wicked fun"

I'm pretty sure that was the best reason. Also he's a pretty cool guy.

Pew pew pew pew

azreal
Sep 2, 2011

GelatinSkeleton posted:

i agree, i have a 16 gauge and a 12 gauge and they are fun and cool to shoot

I have a couple of 9mm (a sig and a cz clone) I shoot competitions with, an Ak, and a 17hmr revolver for small game/plinking.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

azreal posted:

I have a couple of 9mm (a sig and a cz clone) I shoot competitions with, an Ak, and a 17hmr revolver for small game/plinking.

all ive ever done with my guns is brutally annihilate bottles and styrofoam cups. would love to have an ak

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Guns are fine. I wish I could say the same of gun users, because holy poo poo some of those people are the last people I'd want to have access to weapons.

azreal
Sep 2, 2011

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Guns are fine. I wish I could say the same of gun users, because holy poo poo some of those people are the last people I'd want to have access to weapons.

I absolutely agree

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Ban ammo.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

SirDan3k posted:

Ban ammo.

make it illegal for you to not kill yourself

azreal
Sep 2, 2011

THS posted:

i enjoy shooting guns but i dont feel its necessary to own one

Nothing wrong with that.

I feel the same way about class 3/nfa guns....I don't feel the need to own a full auto weapon, but I will shoot them at the range very occasionally (the local range rents them out).

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
its true, its actually really fun. pretty annoying to be grouped into the same group as psychopaths because guns are fun to shoot but I just dont tell anyone lol

except you guys who dont matter zing

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
slingshots are better than guns because you can straight up kill a dude and also be today's tom sawyer

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
guns

GUNS!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

they should probably pass a law banning anyone who has ever been a member of the NRA from owning firearms

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ban ownershup of guns and grant them full citizenship and recognition under law

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
america is ready for the first bullpup president

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Wild Hogs posted:

me and some of my GP (gun powder) buddies open carry muskets at the farmer's market on the weekends. you gotta respect the power of a weapon like that. i dont want to hurt anyone but if you try to talk to me at a crosswalk i might

Tough dudes carry black powder muskets it's true

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

azreal posted:

Nothing wrong with that.

I feel the same way about class 3/nfa guns....I don't feel the need to own a full auto weapon, but I will shoot them at the range very occasionally (the local range rents them out).

They are incredibly expensive also, a mac 10 is like 5k lol

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
blame the closing of the MG registry for that

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

agreed op but im still ok with more regulation

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
europe will definitely not gently caress with president .50 cal

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I have the rifle my grandpa snatched from a pile of surrendered Japanese weapons after the war pried from the cold dead hands of Tojo himself.

I'm too scared to shoot it, though because I have no idea what condition it was in when he got it while he was on Bumfuck Island, Alaska, know it was just chucked in a basement or the attic to 60 years with some bullets that look like they weren't pulled from the armory but the latrine, and I'm too cheap/don't care enough to take it to a gunsmith.

That's my tale of gun ownership.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

I have the rifle my grandpa snatched from a piles of surrendered Japanese weapons after the war pried from the cold dead hands of Tojo himself.

I'm too scared to shoot it, though because I have no idea what condition it was in when he got it while he was on Bumfuck Island, Alaska, know it was just chucked in a basement or the attic to 60 years with some bullets that look like they weren't pulled from the armory but the latrine, and I'm too cheap/don't care enough to take it to a gunsmith.

That's my tale of gun ownership.

anecdotal but my grandad had one of these too and when I asked if I could shoot it he said that all the surrendered guns had holes drilled in them so firing them would be a bad idea

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pretty awesome but they don't get me tang like my camero

azreal
Sep 2, 2011

That's actually pretty neat.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

i am he posted:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I enjoy shooting guns but do not wish to own any, only shooting ranges should have guns imo

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

anecdotal but my grandad had one of these too and when I asked if I could shoot it he said that all the surrendered guns had holes drilled in them so firing them would be a bad idea

I'll have to see if there's a hole in it.

The chrysanthemum seal is ground off pretty neatly, though, so it's clear it was one that was handed over at the surrender.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
huh thats weird, id swear the chrys was still there on the one my grandad had. cant check now unfortunately, its in storage in bumblefuck alabama.

its a pretty nice looking gun for being like 70 years old and probably made out of some poor hostage ajumma's melted down cookware.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
use your dick as target practice, op

lol good luck actually hitting it

azreal
Sep 2, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

huh thats weird, id swear the chrys was still there on the one my grandad had. cant check now unfortunately, its in storage in bumblefuck alabama.

its a pretty nice looking gun for being like 70 years old and probably made out of some poor hostage ajumma's melted down cookware.

If I remember correctly, the ones with the chrysanthemums are worth a lot more bc not many made it out of country.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Shooting guns is fun. I used to target shoot a lot and had fun talking to the old timers about technique and the cool old guns in their collections. Some time in the last 10 years or so the crazy-bigot-conspiracy squad also heard guns are cool and decided to ruin it for those of us who just considered it a fun hobby.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
it isn't worth the absolutely toxic personalities and culture that surround guns, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
also ammo is lol expensive because white racists, who represent the overwhelming majority of gun owners, lost their drat minds when obama became president, so shooting as recreation is 2-4x more expensive than it was in 2006

• Locked thread