Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Eifert Posting posted:

Lebron James tore the living heart out of Cleveland and c'mon man. If James had been born in Oklahoma city and been drafted by the Thunder no one would care.

They couldn't have one home grown sports hero? Seriously?

:qq: he played out his contract then went somewhere else and won championships because our front office is run by literal retards who can't capitalize on having a generational talent :qq:

Also Caliendo's Mel Kiper gets me every goddamn time. TODD TODD TODD TODD TODD

Edit: VVV YOU DO NOT SPEAK ILL OF OMRI CASSPI VVV

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jun 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Eifert Posting posted:

Lebron James tore the living heart out of Cleveland and c'mon man. If James had been born in Oklahoma city and been drafted by the Thunder no one would care.

They couldn't have one home grown sports hero? Seriously?

"Naw man, we totally can't give up J.J. Hickson for Amare, what are we insane? He is gonna be a future building block for the next decade"

Trades Hickson a year and a half later for a pile dirt

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 2, 2014

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

He seriously looks like he's about 45, what the hell

Chichevache posted:

There's only one team in San Francisco and it is the Giants.

The Giants own enough for the whole city right now. Even Year Bullshit, baby.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I am ready for Eli to get his third ring

after beating the Seahawks for the NFC title :getin:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am ready for another team with no rings.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 2, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Spoeank posted:

:qq: he played out his contract then went somewhere else and won championships because our front office is run by literal retards who can't capitalize on having a generational talent :qq:

Also Caliendo's Mel Kiper gets me every goddamn time. TODD TODD TODD TODD TODD

Edit: VVV YOU DO NOT SPEAK ILL OF OMRI CASSPI VVV

I love when the media is like "IS LEBRON GOING BACK TO CLEVELAND?" when their idiot owner wrote an open letter to Lebron trashing him calling him an unloyal coward and saying

quote:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grozz Nuy posted:

The Giants own enough for the whole city right now. Even Year Bullshit, baby.

37-20 on June 1 with exactly one regular hitting over .300? Pure Even Year Bullshit. :getin:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Always high step even in other sports

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Sometimes it's ok to leap in too

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

I wish who ever made that illegal hadn't remembered to bring a snorkel when he crawled up his own rear end.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

I wish who ever made that illegal hadn't remembered to bring a snorkel when he crawled up his own rear end.

Goddamn I wish empty quoting was allowed here

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Spoeank posted:

Goddamn I wish empty quoting was allowed here

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The text is unnecessary.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Eifert Posting posted:

Them making clowning the other team illegal robs us of the infinitely more fun "guy trying to clown other team gets clowned." Will no one rid us of this turbulent priest Commissioner?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Bad Moon posted:

the first thing i always notice in this clip is 82 missing obliterating a ~$5000 camera lens by about an inch

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I really don't understand the rampant Cowboy hate on other parts of the internet. They haven't been relevant since the mid nineties.

Still, drat the situation there is bad.

quote:

According to ESPN's Ed Werder, the Cowboys are evaluating all middle linebacker options, including veteran free agents like Brian Urlacher and Jonathan Vilma.

Per Werder, the Cowboys want to replace Sean Lee (torn ACL) with a two-player platoon. They're not expecting in-house options Devonte Holloman or Anthony Hitchens to run with the job. Urlacher retired a year ago after finding crickets on the free-agent market and is 36 year old, but would theoretically fit in Rod Marinelli's Tampa-2. He reportedly "took notice" when Lee got hurt. Meanwhile, knee troubles have led to a sharp decline in play for the 32-year-old Vilma of late. The Cowboys are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

I really don't understand the rampant Cowboy hate on other parts of the internet. They haven't been relevant since the mid nineties.

The Falcons have never been relevant and you hate them

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

The Falcons have never been relevant and you hate them

The Falcons have been a fairly successful team relative to the rest of the league since 2002.

Hell, with Vick they probably even received more media coverage than anyone else, especially before he started taking pictures covered in herpes, or taking weed paraphernalia on planes, or flipping off his own fans etc.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

The Falcons have been a fairly successful team relative to the rest of the league since 2002.

Hell, with Vick they probably even received more media coverage than anyone else, especially before he started taking pictures covered in herpes, or taking weed paraphernalia on planes, or flipping off his own fans etc.

I'm not willing to pencil in the Mike Vick era under the current umbrella of Falcons success. Mostly because they were a patchwork of real hit/miss years, but also because gently caress Mick Vick.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

For gently caress's sake see if a young guy can step up instead of bringing in some old dude who is probably done

I don't exactly have confidence in the front office making good decisions though so whatever, who cares

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

For gently caress's sake see if a young guy can step up instead of bringing in some old dude who is probably done

I don't exactly have confidence in the front office making good decisions though so whatever, who cares

I have confidence that Jerry Jones will somehow gently caress the situation up more before the season starts.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Chilichimp posted:

I'm not willing to pencil in the Mike Vick era under the current umbrella of Falcons success. Mostly because they were a patchwork of real hit/miss years, but also because gently caress Mick Vick.

Michael Vick owns though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Eifert Posting posted:

Eh, I bet it was made illegal because the retaliation for celebrations like that are also illegal. Tate should be allowed to jump into the endzone like that all he wants, but he should also be allowed to get his head taken off by a linebacker the next series if he wants to taunt like a punk.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oh just start loving Hitchens come on. At least give me that if I'm going to watch this awful team.

Doltos posted:

Eh, I bet it was made illegal because the retaliation for celebrations like that are also illegal. Tate should be allowed to jump into the endzone like that all he wants, but he should also be allowed to get his head taken off by a linebacker the next series if he wants to taunt like a punk.

Yes those are definitely equivalent things, you goof.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MourningView posted:

Oh just start loving Hitchens come on. At least give me that if I'm going to watch this awful team

And by something to watch you mean "Watching Barry Church pick up all the missed tackles?"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MourningView posted:

Yes those are definitely equivalent things, you goof.

I didn't say they were equivalent. Taunting plays like that were reduced specifically due to sportsmanship and retaliation reasons. It's never okay to give someone a concussion but viewing the NFL through rosy glasses where the opposing defenders won't do something surly and stupid in retaliation for a taunt is pretty foolish.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Azhais posted:

And by something to watch you mean "Watching Barry Church pick up all the missed tackles?"

Hitchens is good at tackling dudes. Less good at covering them. And he's tiny and will get eaten up by blockers. But whatever. He was my favorite Iowa player last year and they're going to suck anyway.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

I didn't say they were equivalent. Taunting plays like that were reduced specifically due to sportsmanship and retaliation reasons. It's never okay to give someone a concussion but viewing the NFL through rosy glasses where the opposing defenders won't do something surly and stupid in retaliation for a taunt is pretty foolish.

I respect that drilling a mother fucker is still pretty common in baseball.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Chilichimp posted:

I don't like baseball or watch it that much so I'm not sure how true this statement will be, but drilling someone over looking at their HR a little bit too long seems like stupid petty whiny bullshit.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
No, man, it's the CODE. Gotta play the game the Right Way.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Doltos posted:

I don't like baseball or watch it that much so I'm not sure how true this statement will be, but drilling someone over looking at their HR a little bit too long seems like stupid petty whiny bullshit.

It is, but they do it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

A pitcher that drills a guy looking at a home run too long is likely to get drilled in the next series.

It's the wild west, man. "You killed my Paw."

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

davecrazy posted:

It is, but they do it.

Exactly, which is why I feel like that's a factor that led into the league's decision to stop the Tates and Jacksons of the world from doing endzone leap in celebrations like that. Really it's for their own protection against head hunters since you know you can't discourage the retaliation mentality that highly competitive people seem to have.

Lynch should still be allowed to do it though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Or maybe you can severely punish the headhunters and send the message that they should quit being huge babies.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Times have changed, we've gotten soft, you no longer get a fastball to the chin for doing more than putting your head down and jogging around the bases after a HR, never too fast and never too slow

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Exactly, which is why I feel like that's a factor that led into the league's decision to stop the Tates and Jacksons of the world from doing endzone leap in celebrations like that. Really it's for their own protection against head hunters since you know you can't discourage the retaliation mentality that highly competitive people seem to have.

Lynch should still be allowed to do it though.

Acting like a jerk to your opponent in a competitive sport should be legal and players shouldn't retaliate, because reasons.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Chilichimp posted:

Acting like a jerk to your opponent in a competitive sport should be legal and players shouldn't retaliate, because reasons.

Because it is totally harmless but the retaliation isn't? If you want to retaliate play better and taunt them back.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nobody appreciated my suggestion of having a microphone hooked up to the PA system for the players to talk trash on, would instantly improve the sport 200%

Suspend it from the wire cam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

Because it is totally harmless but the retaliation isn't? If you want to retaliate play better and taunt them back.

We're talking about athletes, some of which are just better than their competition. "Play better and taunt back" might as well be a boot-straps argument when it's Calvin Johnson against a back-up nickel corner.

Not saying Calvin ever taunted a back-up nickelback, that was hyperbole.

• Locked thread