Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fastidious Toes
Apr 10, 2009

so much blood....

NihilismNow posted:

Yeah it was a pretty bad car.

Actually a light truck :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

i drive a 10 year old trailblazer and it does just fine still, it puzzles me how cars can be such hot piles of poo poo. the chevy hhr looks like poo poo and sometimes i wonder if it actually sucks or just looks dumb. somehow chrysler and dodge continue to make really shoddy piles of poo poo though

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alberto Basalm posted:

the chevy hhr looks like poo poo and sometimes i wonder if it actually sucks or just looks dumb.

its poo poo. ive got second hand knowledge of it because someone in the family owns one. shes owned it for probably 8 years and it has never not given her a problem. the tranny was serviced like 2 times already and i dont even think it has 100k on the odo. and shes had other problems too that I cant recall right now but ive driven the thing and it is as horrible as you think it would be. it somehow handles worse and has less power than a minivan with all the hassle of trying to park one.

the interior is a joke too, the 'leatherette' is gray and disgusting with cracks all over it and the back seat is nothing like youd imagine it would be from the outside. there is barely any room in the thing at all. also the backs of the seats use some cheap poo poo netting with huge sized holes so you cant even put anything smaller than a softball in it without it falling out

the chevy HHR is loving bull poo poo. do not buy american cars

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont even get me started on trying to see out of the thing. a giant box of the car and what do these brilliant minds at chevy do? use port hole sized windows or even worse paneling that completely obstructs your view, dont even get me started

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

BigBoss posted:

The BMW 3 series is for people who think they are hot poo poo but in reality own what amounts to an overpriced Accord. BMW owners are actually worse than PT Crusier owners because PT Crusier people are old moms who don't give a gently caress. 3 series people are desperately seeking attention with entry level status symbols.

Lol look at this guy, who unironically thinks the 3 series is a badge whore car, and unironically compares it to a fwd grocery getter. :what:

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

PT Cruiser: Not Even As a Rental

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

a creepy colon posted:

dont even get me started on trying to see out of the thing. a giant box of the car and what do these brilliant minds at chevy do? use port hole sized windows or even worse paneling that completely obstructs your view, dont even get me started

lol. thanks for the info dude. and hey not ALL american cars are horrible ok?

but then again there's never been a bad toyota

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
did we already forget the massive toyota recalls on cars for their brakes being obstructed?

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

HEY VAPER posted:

Lol look at this guy, who unironically thinks the 3 series is a badge whore car, and unironically compares it to a fwd grocery getter. :what:

3 series is not even that much more expensive than a Accord (That would be a Acura TSX in the US, the other thing is properly called the "poverty accord")

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Alberto Basalm posted:

but then again there's never been a bad toyota

You're right. Echo and maybe a few camry years and that's about it. But the echo is a good car compared to the average piece of poo poo America churns out.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

rcman50166 posted:

did we already forget the massive toyota recalls on cars for their brakes being obstructed?

true but GM just got a big recall too. you can't win unless you spend a poo poo ton of money I guess

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i always wanted a plymouth prowler when i was a kid. how did that thing even pass safety standards? the crumple zone is just open air metal spindles

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

NihilismNow posted:

3 series is not even that much more expensive than a Accord (That would be a Acura TSX in the US, the other thing is properly called the "poverty accord")

For those extra couple thousand dollars you get:

- Paint that won't rust in 3 years
- More torque, specifically way more low end torque which you will notice a lot in real world driving
- One of the better turbos that's ever been in a production car
- Half decent throttle response
- An interior that doesn't look like total poo poo
- An interior that won't be falling apart in 3 years
- A much better looking car

The accord used to be a v good car but these days its just meant to look good on paper and in a showroom and survive the warranty period. Which to be fair, is most cars in 2014. For the most part the civic/accord have just been riding off of their reputation from the 90's & relying on the fact that your average consumer still doesn't trust a Korean car. tl;dr accord is a badge whore car for poors. Toyota/Lexus is killing Honda/Acura in reliability right now, which is the only real selling point for a new accord.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 2, 2014

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just look at this interior 'styling' (and keep in mind this is the 'upgraded leather trim' option)

and check out the luxuriously roomy back seat lol

it feels like youre in a coffin

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

how does it have so little room

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alberto Basalm posted:

how does it have so little room

thats what ive been loving saying. if youve never actually sat in one you would have no idea. it took me like 5 full minutes of GIS searching to find that back seat pic because every picture chevy puts out of the back seat has the seats down to show more room or show them up and the pic is from the trunk so you cant see that there is absolutely any leg room.

theres no head clearance either, its insane, i dont know how they did it.

and look at the switches on the lower middle console on the dash. you see all those little switches? theres like 9 in a row. well those switches do literally nothing if you dont have every single option. i dont even know what options they would control cuz every time i see them they dont do anything

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
who buys a pt cruiser and is like "yep, this is the one I want to be paying off for the next 5 years, it speaks to me"

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

homo punching bag posted:

i always wanted a plymouth prowler when i was a kid. how did that thing even pass safety standards? the crumple zone is just open air metal spindles

I didn't know you could have an open wheel car that is street legal, yet there it is.

I don't mind the prowler since they're so rare and weird. PT Cruisers though, every day you see one. They've been out of production for four years but they just won't die.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
not a pt loser story but an HHR story:

i was workin a trade show in uhhh i think madison, wisconsin (i used to sales rep for a bunch of light construction tool companies) and im tellin these local yokels about the 04 passat tdi wagon i had just bought and they all glared at me and one goes "oh you should have bought the HHR" and i involuntarily snorted, they didnt like me much after that and i was conspicuously not invited to dinner after the show (its good practice to take your rep out to dinner when he works a show for you but these guys were too butthurt over my foreign vehicle purchase to do that)

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
What about new beetles.

Here is a juggalo one:

Extra Large Marge fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 2, 2014

Why Looka Thar
Apr 2, 2009

I'm Not Thar
What's all this "cars for poors" nonsense? Also, the PT sucks yes.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
A Neon with stupid body panels.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
if you buy american you pay the price

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hesh Ballantine posted:

not a pt loser story but an HHR story:

i was workin a trade show in uhhh i think madison, wisconsin (i used to sales rep for a bunch of light construction tool companies) and im tellin these local yokels about the 04 passat tdi wagon i had just bought and they all glared at me and one goes "oh you should have bought the HHR" and i involuntarily snorted, they didnt like me much after that and i was conspicuously not invited to dinner after the show (its good practice to take your rep out to dinner when he works a show for you but these guys were too butthurt over my foreign vehicle purchase to do that)

lol goon sir. i snort in ur direction thusly

Why Looka Thar
Apr 2, 2009

I'm Not Thar
Stylin'

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

azreal posted:

Then again, I drive a Hyundai.

(It's actually a pretty great car)

I got t-boned by an 85 year old man who didn't follow through on his signal going 40 in a Chevy conversion van in a '06 Hyundai Elantra and walked away from it, Hyundais are sweet.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

a creepy colon posted:

lol goon sir. i snort in ur direction thusly

i know youre bein all neogbs and thats cute but i really did think the guy was joking

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

rezatahs posted:

if you buy american you pay the price

seriously. when was the last time american cars were good? its actually kinda sad

i got a 2001 accord and a 2011 prius (work vehicle). the accord has been fairly reliable and has seen a lot of abuse though i've had to replace the transmission and is uncomfortable as poo poo. i could see how they're pretty overrated. the prius is really fun to drive in the city, gets awesome mileage, and has a metric fuckton of room for being so small, though i don't know if i'd personally buy one. i'd definitely be up for buying a Hyundai for my next car. i get laughed at when i mention it though since everyone thinks they're poo poo from whatever bad press they had 30 years ago

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 2, 2014

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arian_Samurai posted:

What about new beetles.

Here is a juggalo one:

nu beetles actually pretty rad. youre an idiot if you buy it over a gti though for the same price

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

what happens if you try to roll down the rear windows?

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
lol no the new beetle is bad and stupid and youre bad and stupid if you think otherwise

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hesh Ballantine posted:

lol no the new beetle is bad and stupid and youre bad and stupid if you think otherwise

unless you have a vagina. i've always thought beetles looked like poo poo :shrug:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

seriously. when was the last time american cars were good? its actually kinda sad

i'd definitely be up for buying a Hyundai for my next car. i get laughed at when i mention it though since everyone thinks they're poo poo from whatever bad press they had 30 years ago

The newer Buicks are good.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hesh Ballantine posted:

hmm... nope!

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arian_Samurai posted:

ya the ones they make for china

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

the newest beetle is actually not bad looking, but the one from 1998 or whenever is some seriously horrible poo poo.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

a creepy colon posted:

just look at this interior 'styling' (and keep in mind this is the 'upgraded leather trim' option)

Look at these loving doorhandles. I legitimately felt stupid for a while when first driving this garbage can because they are impossible to use until I realized that no, the car is definitely the stupid one in our relationship.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

the driver and passenger seats are part of the crumple zone for the rear seats

genius

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

i'd definitely be up for buying a Hyundai for my next car. i get laughed at when i mention it though since everyone thinks they're poo poo from whatever bad press they had 30 years ago

I have a Chevy Cruze eco and its a pretty nice car. GM has really picked up their game since 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW

Arian_Samurai posted:

because they're german

• Locked thread