Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Professional #8 Hitter/Beard Grower
Cruz being the leader at DH is fine, but V-Mart being below Ortiz is loving Bullshit, V-Mart is putting up close to MVP numbers. Well, they're really good anyways (And his K/HR ratio is 1:1, come on!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Joe Nathan is still actually playing for the Twins.

The Tigers also sent Danny Worth down and called up Eugenio Suarez, who can hopefully OPS+ like 65 with better defense than Worth or Romine. Worth can hit AAA pitching but every time he's at the MLB level, he looks completely, utterly lost at the plate.

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

I *think* I got the best 50 at bat stretch from Tulo's September 2010.

Side note - does Chris Shelton still lay in bed at night wondering what the Hell happened?

Edit - Nevermind. Forgot BAbip subtracts out HRs.

Still, batting .388 with a .212 BABIP is kind of nuts

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

tadashi posted:

E: Baez is hitting .372/.395/.769 (:lol: take a walk, kid) since May 17 so at least he's not dead yet.

Devon Travis is hitting .293/.311/.490 in AA. 2 BB in 24 games

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Reminder Johnny Cueto thru 14 games has a WHIP of 0.77 (.2 better than anyone in baseball).

And if you are a fan of baseball and the Braves aren't at the top, or nearing the top of the list of teams you hate the most, they really loving should be.

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Eugenio Suarez has an OPS of 1.5 :getin:

And the Tigers bullpen only gave up 6 runs in 2 innings today!

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Minarch posted:

Torii looks absolutely lost in right field this season :smith:

It's funny, because, if you play The Show, especially this years, you know how QUICKLY old players deteriorate, and Torii seems to be one of those in the game. He loses like 10 points by the middle of the year in every ability. I always thought that was hilarious.

Now it's happening.

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Can someone figure out what Billy Butler's slash lines would be if he had never faced Justin Verlander?

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Steven Moya, a Tigers minor league prospect with a TON of power, currently has 74 strikeouts in 264 ABs. He has 8 walks.

WHO WANTS TO SEE SOME DINGERS THO

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

e: ^^^ gently caress Kirk Gibson and gently caress the Diamondbacks for being almost bigger babbies than the Braves

The Royals are on an incredible streak right now and are getting production from everywhere (and are getting lucky - see the Ventura wild pitch with the bases loaded that bounced RIGHT to Perez for an out) and the Tigers are getting unlucky and are getting production from V-Mart, and then one OF at a time.

The starting pitching is too good to not even out, Verlander is too good to keep struggling like this, he will figure out something with his delivery or if he's tipping pitches or what, Scherzer won't give up 11 ER next game, Sanchez has been good all year.

Austin Jackson looks absolutely lost though, he had such a good approach in ST and now looks like poo poo. 2 XBH in his last 17 games. 3 RBI in that stretch.

Even losing first place in the middle of June doesn't give me too much worry, but Ausmus needs to figure some poo poo out and get everyone on board. The Royals have a real chance to keep first place.

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Please take this time to consider voting for J.D. Martinez into this year's All-Star game, thanks

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

If yall didn't see that Marcell Ozuna throw.. holy poo poo.. :stare:

e: J.D. Martinez has only played in 1/2 the Tigers games, so he doesn't qualify to be in the leaderboard for any stats, but IF HE DID!!! his .963 OPS would be 5th best in the league :getin:

Storm fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 21, 2014

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

J.D. Martinez since the beginning of this month:

.369/.382/.815

(he's totally the next Boesch)

In the 3 days the forums were down, V-Mart now has 2 more Ks than HRs (22-20) :(

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Alan Trammell posted:

Well, the Rangers just got shut out by Rick Porcello, so you know it's bad.

uh excuse me he has 10 WINS so he must be good

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Seriously, watch this rundown. I'm not sure how he didn't run out of the baseline but who cares, it's awesome http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/11493214/v34110303/must-c-curious-harrison-evades-tag-in-rundown

And does anyone have the audio of Nelson Cruz's go ahead grand slam from Hawk's call? I really want to hear that silence. Really badly.

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Abel Wingnut posted:

Bryce is going to destroy us all, isn't he?

quote:

Easily the most overrated in baseball

quote:

Wow....really? This is one of the headlines on the ESPN mainpage? This overrated punk? oh, congrats on the hitting display in your MINOR LEAGUE REHAB ASSIGNMENT. We look forward to u returning to the majors to once again post your average numbers. But wait, lemme guess...."he's gonna be great, just not developed enough yet..." Yeah, or, he'll never be great, and what you see is what you're gonna get. He's good, but he's not great. Not an all-star(unless you count all the dumb fans that will probly vote him in). And DEFINITELY not worth all the Trout/Puig caliber hype he gets.

quote:

Did they really just talk about this on SportsCenter? ......a MLB player being able to hit AA pitching is nothing to get all excited about.....c'mon man

quote:

really, it is only the minor league. not big news...hasn't proved anything in the big show...ask mike trout what needs to be done.

:sigh:

e: I don't understand why people hate him. He's white and gritty. He should be loved!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Rajai Davis is the 28th player in history to hit a grand slam down by 3 in the final at bat of the game.

How loving cool is it to do what every kid dreams of in their back yard? Man. The bar I was at went loving nuts and some dude bought everyone shots, it owned

• Locked thread