Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Minor league baseball is super fun in person because you and a bunch of friends can get great seats, and real drunk, for like $75. I can't imagine it's very fun on TV. I mean, no one stops me from drinking and yelling at the TV Nationals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Why the hell are sportswriters angry with Utley he's having a great year?!

gleep gloop fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 4, 2014

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Strasburg is back!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Amazing.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Padres drafted Johnny Football so I'm pretty sure these last few rounds aren't 100% necessary.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

will_colorado posted:

N: Rockies win a game.

V: thank christ.

.....and somehow I just learned this happened to Braves pitcher Pascual Perez in 1982:

I don't know why the idea of a professional athlete being late to work is so funny to me.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Man I'm really happy with the Nationals recent decision to start hitting the ball and scoring runs. It's amazing what you can do when your starters aren't all on the DL.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
So...Wilson Ramos. I don't know what to think of the man. Middling defender, good offense for a catcher, but such a huge injury liability...

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

IcePhoenix posted:

Well, I'd say that this

is a pretty good start

But that makes me sad!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yankees signed Heath Bell to a minor league deal for some reason.

Man Heath Bell, a great example of how fast a reliever can turn to poo poo.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Excellent.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Didn't the Dodgers do the same thing last year? Suck all first half then go buck rear end wild?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I've heard tell that Bryce Harper kicks dogs and is a proud member of the KKK.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
The Nationals have their lineup back together and looked really good against tonight. It was against Rockies pitching but hey! I'd like to see them try and swap Zimmerman to second for Rendon but I doubt they will.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Span can't hit but he looks good in the outfield, to me at least. I really can't evaluate fielders all that well thought so maybe I'm talking crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

tadashi posted:

Whoever originally suggested 3B Rendon SS Desmond 2B Zimmerman etc was probably right. Rendon has some history with ankle issues and Zimmerman has shoulder issues. If they'd started working with Zimmerman at 2B over the off-season, it might have worked but I guess you can't just do that with one of your "franchise" players.

Span's a pretty good CF, he's just never been much of a hitter. There isn't an area where he really stands out other than being a guy you're not embarrassed to put in the lineup everyday so you get a competent defender in center.

Yeah someone in here was where I first saw the Zimmerman 2B Rendon 3B idea and it really seems like the logical choice. Zimm has good footwork and reactions, he can handle second and the easier throws will be just what he needs, may even help keep him on the field more.

• Locked thread