Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
So, you are an orphan. All game alone in the game world. However, you want to be a part of something. I'll keep my eyes on the thread, but it might be better if you PM me as needs arise or are met and I can keep this post up to date. If you HAVE skills and want to join someone, or if you NEED skills you can look here.

When possible user names will link to making a PM or email address if provided. The email tag may not always work though? Should be able to get it from the link made though.

Skills Offered
  • Xand_Man
    Skills: C, C++, Java, Python, some Javascript, some Unity. I know games and game engines drat well.
    Looking For: I'm looking for an "idea guy". I enjoy helping someone else work out the details around their idea (I'm a teacher). Artist chops would be cool though I can make programmer art and actually enjoy UI stuff.

• Ultigonio
    Skills: Music Composer, "good with concepts and level design ideas and stuff."
    Examples: Ultigonio's Soundcloud
    Looking For: Love in all the wrong places.

• Dodgeball
    Skills: Adobe Suite, focusing on animation and sound. Writing. Learning Java, XML, Unity.
    Examples: Deviant Art Youtube Channel

• bloodychill
    Skills: C, C++, Obj C, experience with cocos2D and SFML, UI is my thing and what get paid moneys for but I have done 2D platformers and RPG's
    Looking for: Team that just needs a UI or 2D game programme

• ScotchDK
    Skills: 3D Artist, mostly doing modeling and textures, but can dive into doing rigging and some animation if needed
    Examples: Showreel

• bagina
    Skills: basic sound design, professional musician and composer (mostly orchestral, some funk, jazz, and rock as well). He has also been vouched for by not ONE, but TWO people as being awesome!
    Examples: In This Thread

• Bert of the Forest
    Skills: Hand Drawn Art
    Examples: This Game

• Fangz
    Skills: 2D Art, some sprite art/animation, experience in Gamemaker
    Looking For: "Someone super enthusiastic that is 0% likely to flake out on me, and who has (overly?) ambitious ideas."

• Stux
    Skills: Musician, various styles.
    Examples: Soundcloud
    Looking For: A new avatar/text (you got me :()

• Lord Humongus (No Contact Info Given)
    Skills: Basic C# on unity and I have a lot of time.
    Looking For: Partner who would stick with it.

• Reginald Fritz
    Skills: sound designer/composer (sound designer superiority!)

• Xero
    Skills: Programming; Javascript, C#, Java, PHP

• jusion
    Skills: Proficient in C#, Javascript, and Python primarily (but also knows a little Java)

• 64bitrobot
    Skills: Simple Image Editing, Writing, Construct 2, Idea Refinement
    Looking For: Art Peoples, Programmers (If not working in Construct 2), Sounds Peoples are cool too.

• timp
    Skills: Music Composition

• Rupert Buttermilk
    Skills: Sound design / musical composition
    Examples: http://vimeo.com/user14567545 (sound design and music) and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9RPF1mIKl4 (music only). Also, sound design/music for previous year's entry, Psychopimps

• jimlit
    Skills: JavaScript (Unity stuff, Three.js ,Node.js , various HTML 5 / JS game engines), UI design and implementation, Sprite / pixel art / animation

• NextTime000
    Skills: Programming: Javascript (Unity or HTML5), C# (Unity, almost no experience outside of Unity), AS3-hahahahaha who is making a flash game in 2014
    Looking For: Idea person and/or Artist

• Stinkmeister
    Skills: Voice Acting (Poster Note: I can vouch for him as well from a project in the past)
    Examples: I narrated, "The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing", and you can see my ACX profile here.

• MSPain
    Skills: Javascript, web stuff
    Examples: Last year's submission, random Ludum Dare
    Looking For: A team! Ideally I'd be one of two programmers and there would be an art guy. I can do sound/music if I have the time(hah).

• Lutha Mahtin
    Skills: Programmer

• 22 Eargesplitten (no contact provided, inquire in thread)
    Skills: C++, java, can try to learn C#

• Slifter
    Skills: Designer

• ManicJason
    Skills: C++, some JavaScript, tiny bit of C#

• KangWang (also no contact available)
    Skills: Java and Python

• ArtIsResistence
    Skills: Music and sound effects like beep boop and drrrn.

Skills Needed
  • username
    Idea: I'm probably going to make a thing about a small group of people badly filming themselves for a public access show about urban exploring (which is not as original of an idea as I thought it would be ) and then some hijinks take place.
    Skills: Will do coding and art himself. Cause he's pretty cool.
    Looking For: Sound/Musicians

• Sigma-X
    Idea: I would like to create a 2d gameplay, 3d art side scrolling space shooter with introductory and endgame FMV (to be acted in person with buckets and tinfoil for spacesuits) , and an incredibly low budget aesthetic (think player/enemy ships as puppets on sticks, with christmas lights in front of a sheet to simulate starfields moving).
    Skills: I have 5 years industry experience as an artist and 2 years as producer on AAA. Art and FMV and some appropriately bad VO.
    Looking For: Programmer, and possibly 3d art support? I am guessing here.

• Ulta
    Has: Programming
    Needs: Artist for possible puzzle card game or Rogue-Lite

• Jon93 and Team Nobody
    Has: Programming and someone else too... Can't recall...
    Needs: Pixel Artist

Also, a small piece of advice if you are joining a team, or attempting to recruit members. Coordination and Communication are vital. This will be important no matter your potential role. Likely no team will have a team coordinator so it will fall upon each member to make sure they stay in touch with the rest of the team. Talking to your colleagues will keep everyone on the same page and it is also a fantastic motivator. So whether it is on IRC, a Skype Chat, or Email make sure to stay in contact with your team. We're all going to be running around with too much to do and not enough time, some of us have 2 jobs, some have kids, others will have sudden plans or injuries. So talk, talk, talk. Oh and have fun or something.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

poemdexter posted:

Now there's no reason not to hang out with us!

Except the users.

Buuuuuurn.

Been updating the second post of people looking for teams. Glad to see the interest already, I imagine I'll have my work cut out keeping that up to date.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Orphan Contributors and Desired Skills has been updated. If anything wrong or if you get recruited and want people to stop pounding down your door, let me know and I'll update appropriately.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Shalinor posted:

You are awesome for doing this.

Happy to help! I've personally been lost in the cacophony of talking before because I didn't speak up as much as others, and I think that the lists on the front will help everyone get a fair shake at being paired up. Also, I have to imagine what you need to handle behind the scenes can get pretty messy, so if it's one less thing for you to worry about I'm glad to take it off your hands.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Public Access is basically just even more poorly funded PBS. There's plenty of crossover between the ideas.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

So the Orphans list is pretty solid right now. If I have missed your offering skills, or if you wish to be removed from the list as you already have a project to work on, please let me know.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Just an update I've been adding/removing people from the Orphan list, so if you are looking for talent don't forget it's there. Not everyone I've added has been active in the latest posts or at all.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I've updated the orphan list with the latest info I have.

Shalinor posted:

Had a family tragedy, so when the "THE COMPETITION IS ON!" thread is delayed a bit, please nobody panic. Just start development on July 1st, etc. I'm just scarce online lately.

This appears to have been lost on the previous page. My condolences on whatever it was that happened and take all the time you need.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Satire posted:

I've never made a game before in my life. Myself, and 3 non-goons are in as Team Main Chat, and we will have something done at the end of the month. :toxx:

I love the ? button.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

a medical mystery posted:

After a big all-nighter to clean up what I could, I think I have my game in about the best state it can be between now and tomorrow.

http://amedicalmystery.itch.io/grublands

I just hope having used an ancient Windows-only engine won't exclude too much of the audience. It was really fun and nostalgic working with this thing again.

It's a little bit on the difficult side sometimes (especially after the incredibly obvious point of no return), but always manageable as long as you're taking advantage of the tools you're given.

When I try to run I get this: RunTime Package not found. Install RTPe.exe

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Gah should have edited my last post. Sorry.

Harold Krell posted:

http://harold-krell.itch.io/monday-night-quizzlers

Here's my game! It's called Monday Afternoon Quizzlers and it's essentially a quiz-show-style game with the gimmick that the responses have to be in the form of a short essay.

It's a javascript game, so I recommend playing it on Google Chrome since that's what I've been testing it on.

Also, if you finish the game or something happens to "Jim" and you want to restart, just refresh your browser.

Just a heads up the default resolution is HUGE.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

If you are going to poke at it I highly suggest letting me skip/speed up through text unless the really long waiting periods between doing anything is actually a part of the theme (Public Access is not known for great pacing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Enos Shenk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGBwUNHxPhA

I took a couple days away from even touching this thing after getting it uploaded. But I decided to throw together a little video for Sink.

This entire project was a nightmare, I ran into so many weird little issues that threatened to sink (ha ha) the whole thing. Three major showstopper issues that prevented the game from even loading in editor, a couple issues where it would play in editor but fail in a proper build. Two UnrealEngine4 version upgrades along the way, one built from source to fix a crippling Blueprint inheritence bug and finally migrated over to 4.3 once it was officially released.

But goddammit it's done, and I'm pretty proud of it.

http://www.labtanner.com/sagamedevchallenge/index.php?title=Sink

This is streaming and it is amazing. You loving rocked the hell out of the announcers.

• Locked thread