Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Straight on in, ready to volunteer to judge as previous years. I love the annual GameDev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AG3 posted:

drat, is it that time already? Feels like it was just last week I was playing through Icarus Proudbottom Teaches Typing. As usual I'll contribute beer/beverage-of-choice money to worthy winners, $100 for the first place winner and $50 for Gamer's Choice, and possible runner up prizes if it's a close call.

I wonder if there'll be something from the Icarus PB folks, seeing as their kickstarter is ongoing at the moment. As always, I look forward to seeing what goons come up with (and how many entries the wall of shame acquires!)

Adding in $30 worth of steam game of winners choice for the best/most humourous use of Jebediah Kerman from Kerbal Space Program.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how many public access pissing simulators we're going to get this year?

Infomercial-based games on various pissing products? Oh dear.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bagina posted:

So yeah. This month has been hosed. So much insane personal poo poo going down along with some really odd work deadlines made it really hard for me to finish up everything that I needed to for my team's game...

...but I'm almost done! I think I'll have everything put together and good to go in the next 24 hours.

Here's a small sample. It's about 179 degrees away from anything I've done in the past for video games or any media for that matter.

LISTEN OR I WILL GIVE YOU A STERNLY WORDED LETTER OF CONSTERNATION

The strongest of Final Fantasy vibes from that. 7, mostly. I like it!

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Excellent to see that entries are becoming complete. You guys and girls do amazing things each year, and it is a priviledge to help judge and give merit where merit is due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shalinor posted:

You guys have today to get your entries in. I seriously doubt any judges are going to start on stuff until later tonight at the earliest, so you probably have... 8 hours? Honestly I doubt any will start until tomorrow, so probably more like 24.

Get your stuff in ASAP in any form you can. Then use the remaining time as a gift from the judging gods to test, patch and update your already-submitted entries.

(judges, maybe post in here when you start judging, so that entrants know when the hammer has dropped)

I'll probably start tomorrow, but I'll post when I properly begin. Are we going to use the usual set up for judging, i.e a shared googledoc?

• Locked thread