Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

More inspiration:

http://video.adultswim.com/check-it-out-with-dr-steve-brule/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

What's the timetable for SAGDC9?
When is the deadline for registering and when is the deadline for submitting?

If they are decided can we have them in the OP.

Entry is casual, there is no "registration" and as for the rest, it's in the OP:

Shalinor posted:

Competition Begins: July 1st
Competition Ends: July 31st, midnight (in your timezone)

If you wish to enter, your entry must be in by midnight, July 31st (we'll set the wiki up here in a bit). The judges will then begin judging, and we'll see who wins.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Mo_Steel posted:

Channel 17 seems to be a goldmine of the bizarre. Christian rap into ninjas into riverdancing in the span of 30 minutes. I'm ashamed we missed "Old-School Championship Wrestling: Lucha Libre" earlier (though it repeats) and I doubt I'll be awake to see "Finnish Talk and Variety Show: Nisswa Staman 2013" later tonight.

Thank you so much for posting this. Whatever is playing right now is loving awesome! It's just like someone going crazy with the video and audio processing effects over music videos.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Shalinor posted:

Right now, there's a big lady with a... dijurido?... with another lady singing in an Indian style, with a dude doing what I think is a passable imitation of Tuvan throat singing whilst simultaneously playing what is either an electric organ or maybe a theremin in a box? All basically singing/playing on top of eachother.

Last night there was a woman dressed up as a nun in a burlesque show with two dummies that were dressed similarly attached to her back, feet and arms that caused them to dance similarly to her...

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Mo_Steel posted:

I'm doing some game based on Turtle Derby from the Minneapolis PATV station stream today. It's amazing.

If you want more inspiration, this year's Turtle Derby is next Tuesday(June 24th) and I imagine it will be live streamed again.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

ShredsYouSay posted:

How do people feel about doing pre-production artwork to get a feel for size/palette type of art assets before the competition starts? Do you think this would qualify as cheating? Even if none of the assets created during pre-production were used in the finished game?

You're good, it's just planning not cheating.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Leif. posted:

Strangely none of my 360 controllers that are actually 360 controllers work on my PC. Nor does my Onlive controller. I got a cheap Steelseries knock-off controller that DOES get recognized as a 360 controller but it's somewhere in a storage box from the move and I haven't found it yet.

Good news: You've got a month and a half to find something. :)

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I like it! (The logo, not Borderlands)

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Stick100 posted:

Although the new GUI does look pretty nice. It'd be a shame to throw money at NGUI or DFGUI is the new GUI ships soon*.

NGUI 2.7 is free and I suggest using that if you don't already own the latest version. It's quite good from my experimentation with it last month in prep for the competition and my team is going to use it.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Zizi posted:

NGUI3 makes NGUI2, especially the free version, look nearly as bad as UnityGUI, quite frankly. The layout enhancements alone

It's still very usable and a lot of things work the same, it's just NGUI3 has a much cleaner and concise layout. You just have to jump all over the place and use the mostly text wizard instead of prefabs for NGUI2.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Jo posted:

This happens a lot. I think it's a bug in Unity or Chrome. It's not your code or system. I have to hold the alt key and tab all the way around to the browser again or hold alt and click the plugin.

You can also tear the tab out of the window and put it back, that always fixes it for me.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

ModeSix posted:

My controls won't work when I build to a browser, it works fine in local testing mode within Unity but is completely non-responsive to player input in the web build.

Ideas or suggestions as to why this is behaving this way would be appreciated.

Your link doesn't open in browser, Dropbox just wants to download it. Also, Chrome has some issues with opening Unity and inputs. Try tearing off the tab then putting it back to get input to work if you're using that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Heisenberg1276 posted:

I get this error when trying to create an account

Whoever is running this site should really turn off these error messages, it's a great way to assist in getting hacked.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 26, 2014

• Locked thread