Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My guess is that the root cause here is related to one of the root causes of Elliot Rodger's killing spree, and that cause is colossal stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sega Saturn posted:

:10bux: says there parents are religious

I think that's a safe bet. Being raised with one set of magical beliefs makes adopting another all that much easier.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CNN posted:

Children of all ages are consumed with fantasy in books and movies such as "Harry Potter, "Twilight" and "The Vampire Diaries," and don't seem to have a problem making the distinction between what's real and what's not. But a story like this makes any parent wonder: Whoa, maybe my kid doesn't get it?
Mary Ellen Cavanagh of Ahwatukee, Arizona, mom to an almost 14-year-old daughter and a 19-year-old son, said she sees the line between fantasy and reality "thinning drastically among our youth."

And yet she probably thinks it is totally legit to take fantasy from books like "The Old Testament" and "The New Testament" seriously.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I find this trend disturbing:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

tacodaemon posted:

milwaukee journal sentinel wrote an editorial about how few answers there are in the case so far, but this guy in the comments on the article has all the answers figured out:

Slenderman proxy spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Slenderman is clearly part of the SomethingAwful Nazi death cult.

• Locked thread