Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

My loaner Hornet looks a lot like a 300i.

e: Beer you have CGI for CIG several times in the OP

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

D. Ebdrup posted:

Did you not look around the hangar and see both the 300i and the Hornet just behind it?

300i, Avenger, useless weapon mount.

I'd take a screenshot but it just crashed.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

After playing Elite and ArCom for a while now, my x52 pro isn't really that much more beneficial than two cheap rear end sticks.

I'll probably toss the drat thing on eBay or Craigslist.

Hell, I could probably use my single stick and orbweaver to be honest.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Av027 posted:

Even with all the buttons? I have a function mapped to every button, and each HAT position (all 3), excluding the toggle switches on the stick base, which I may use eventually. I even mapped functions to the mouse button and the mousewheel click on the throttle (you can do this if you leave the properties panel open in windows - the test tab).

I have TrackIR, and the twitch functions for managing systems I'll just tie into Voice Attack. Anything not twitch related can remain on the keyboard.

The only thing I'll miss is having a settable throttle, but I have some ideas on how to work that.

gently caress, now that I think about it, a gamepad + voice attack is all I need.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

That is some pretty blatant money grubbing bullshit, it's so great.

Those evil companies, trying to make money.

Assholes.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

8astard0 posted:

My buggy sometimes does a backflip as I load in. Glad it's not just me.

Holy poo poo that looks cool. What other games have you tried it with? How well does it work?

I use it for Elite. It's great just do t have people around with a poor sense of humor.

There's a video from a guy who uses it to play ED, he was docking and about to land when his girlfriend came up behind him and yelled "boost!" Ao that his afterburner kicked on and he rocketed into the control tower.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Both will make it into the game. Christ said he'll put it to a vote, and who honestly would vote no?

I'm hoping 3Dingo, IXM, Tallon, Shimapan and Cryo make it in as well, maybe not as a gunship but tweaked a bit.

3Dingo and IXM could be heaving fighters, Shimapan a gunship in its own right, and Tallon a giant space dildo.

Cryo's would be a great light fighter.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

So glad they posted the winner on the front page of the site.

I'm going to email GoT spoilers to whoever at CIG thought that was a good idea.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Cheston posted:

Is there a Best Joystick? I got an x52 awhile back and I've never been able to get it to handle slight adjustments, so I'm wondering if there are any where you can barely touch the stick and still notice a change.

You need to do the magnet mod.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

DasKuend posted:

Hello dear people,

I'm new and can't search. In the last 3 pages I didn't read anything about joining Goonrathi. I would like to inquire if it is possible joining the organisation even if one already is a member of say one of the bigger organisations, especially in the case of prohibited multiorg membership in this bigger organisation (hypothetically speaking).

As someone who j4g'd long ago but never actually joined, seriously look around you'll find threads that are much more interesting (at least for now).

I used to think this was all like GBS but I was pleasantly wrong.

I'm struggling to keep interest but I've only played AC a couple times. Maybe when my absurdly high citizen number comes up that'll change.

I have a feeling the retaliator will be up very soon. Until then it's a waiting game until the Avenger comes out.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Widestancer posted:

Not really. I'm not breaking any of the rules so I don't see why I should. You guys are doing a pretty good job of making fun of yourselves.

You post a lot in a thread about a game you say you dislike.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Widestancer posted:

The posters are more fun than the game will ever be for me. This is not an isolated case and oftentimes forums for various games can be more entertaining than the games themselves

:thumbsup:

Can't disagree with that.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

DrProsek posted:

You don't post much in a thread about a game you say you like. Croberts might think you don't like the game if you don't post about it more! :(

I've been busy with things that exist.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

humansuperior posted:

Just sold my Digital Scout - LTI and put the money towards a new barbell. Priorities.

What did you grab? In the equipment thread someone was singing praises about the rogue ones.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

The only thing CIG has going for it right now is a better org and multiplayer plan like the PU. And even that isn't even in existence yet.

I was a huge defender of this game but watching Elite chug along with an economy, 50 systems, missions, double the ships, and multiplayer it makes SC's glorified game of space invaders look like poo poo.

CIG is a large company, has other companies doing much of the work for them, and still can't actually show significant progress other than an occasional prepared video on concepts.

Planetside? After 6+ months they have a parking lot and tiny room. But oh it has a CRANE.

FPS? There was a leaked video showing 4 guns. That's it.

Website? None of the org integration that was promised months ago to be done by now.

There are 3 ships "done" and others still in concept for over a year.

I can't believe people are still throwing money at this poo poo.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Knifegrab posted:

Did you see the latest changelog for elite? It's absolutely massive.

I did. And what got me is that this is a list covering only a couple months. CIG has exponentially more resources and is moving along much slower.

As said above they're spending so much time worrying. About modeling towels, models, cranes, and MOCAP that they forget they are making a space game.

It's like a guy who sets out to furnish a patio but ends up buying new furniture, a zen garden, pool, and grotto and spending all the time building something while the neighbor next door just throws some nice furniture out and starts to party.

It means nothing to have amazing "fidelity" if the product isn't released.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

The AC team I believe is Austin, but remember even LA and Manchester had to step in just to get the first iteration out.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Latest update from Ben is that Austin QA has it, and they're aiming for a release tonight. If AC is any indicator that means 3AM EST.

I'm going to hold my breath.

Honestly though, is there anything remarkable about this patch?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I just loaded AC up for the first time in a month or so. You're telling me I still can't bind my x52 without going I to game files?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Well I'm in the 300k so seems pointless. Hey, since they built a Scout and got it all snazzy, wonder if they'll do the drat Avenger eventually, or am I wrong in thinking that's too logical of a decision?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Again zero news on the Avenger BUT THANK GOD YOU CAN USE THE BED ON THE FREELANCER.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

It's a good thing that CIG isn't wasting time or resources making anything stupid like a jukebox that plays mp3s.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

My god Ben's wife is loving huge.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Ho hum another day another bug fix patch for Elite. Oh and mining seems to be coming soon.

I really want ED to have better grouping mechanics.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

AP posted:

I don't think it's relevant at all I just posted it as it's kinda funny that someone will spend the time to compare like that. But there is more pressure on Star Citizen delivering now and it's only going to build when they break 50 million.

I'll have to admit, when I first saw ED's patch list (and the fact they have pathed 1.0 for 3 days every single day with a patch longer and more productive than 12.5 I compared the two as well. Thankfully I'm able to play Elite, and fly with other goons.

right now Elite is insanely more fun to play, the controls are mappable, TrackIR works, and is more than two rooms.

I will admit SC looks better graphically, but graphics only take you so far.

I think CIG needs to really step up because the fact it is now August and most people still can't play online is hitting some raw nerves. We were told we would likely be playing online "within a week" of June's release. Yeah.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Invites for over 300k are going out, I just got mine.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

That's one hell of a jump over the past week. Whatever was causing the rubber banding must have been holding everything else up.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Played MP for the first time last night, the only bug I encountered was that my HUD would sometimes slip offscreen a bit, as if the helmet had shifted on my head. It would reset after I'd explode but it got annoying.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

BitBasher posted:

Is it just me or does the bottom one there have engines that look Even more ridiculously huge than normal?

The engines extend.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

So the m50 contest is 10 entries and 200 spergs reserving a post on an open forum thread.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Torpedoes in space with propellers. You can't make this poo poo up.

So does the Bengal get a bulldozer to clear the flight deck also?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I'm trying to remain hopeful but with CRoberts outright saying "$50 million is not enough we will need more" because they have added in so much bullshit, it is very difficult.

And given how yeah, the textures are great, the ship models collide like toys- gently caress, the landing gear doesn't even go up. On top of that it's "immersive" but bullshit to play the game and have one lucky shot send you into a spin that you can't recover from. The IFCS model feels very dry and I can't explain it but there's no connection to the ship. The thrusters might be accurate but they don't feel right. They feel like they act with too sharp of a curve between 0-100%.

This is a module 2 years in development and what was touted as "almost ready" 4 months ago.

They've had Behavior Interactive, Which has spent the entire year working on the asteroid hangar.

Illfonic has done gently caress knows what, and there's nothing to show for a year'a worth of work.

CGbot is STILL working on one ship, the Idris.

These are all studios moving at a snail's pace.

Compare the past monthly reports. Forget the normal Goon smug humor and really take a look at how little has been done (or wasted) and you'll start to see that there is a possibility that this game will end up stuck in development hell.

Oh, it's a good thing they spent all that time on the m50, a ship that can't do a loving thing in AC since it doesn't have poo poo for weapons.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

AP posted:

I don't really have any expectations as I'm losing interest. If possible I'd patch fun in asap as that would buy them a lot of time.

I've been playing Elite much more than AC. I have a feeling that CIG has noticed people essentially flocking away and to ED, that's why Capture the Core was released before Gamescom as opposed to during.

I'm hoping this continues because the only thing that seems to make CIG actually move their asses and work are brown sea upheavals.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Multi crew ships being teased and yet the avenger is still broken and unflyable.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

warcrimes posted:

The gently caress does one have to do with the other? They're not supposed to tease future features until every single-seat ship is in the game? How stupid are you?

because CIG doesn't put the cart before the horse. Ever.

It's one of the base model pledge ships and has been broken and broken more before it once again gets a "do over."

But you're right, it's loving ludicrous to think earlier steps should be done before dealing with more complicated poo poo.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

DancingShade posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2dsi9u/how_and_why_ive_spent_1200_on_this_game_as/

This is really for everyone to gawk at. Let us all take our hats off at a classic :spergin:

And by hats I mean your filthy loving fedora, you freak. Yes YOU.

This is the best part:

quote:

I ended up finding a great deal on a Starfarer with LTI for $110 (which was much less than retail)

Retail :psyduck:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

BitBasher posted:

They have explicitly said that will not happen. Using a tractor beam on a ship that is still capable of thrust damages the ship attempting the tractor.

There needs to be some form of interdiction, or else all you will see are ships packed with speed mods.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Video Viddy Games posted:

the only difference between this and star citizen is no man's sky will be released

I have a feeling No Man's Sky will end up like Spore, but shittier.

e:^^^ looks like I'm not the only one.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

double riveting posted:

Elite doesn't count because it's just HD window-dressing over an old concept where Star Citizen dares to explore fully newtonian toilet physics. Scope!

e: So what are the other three?

The problem with Elite is that rewards are skewed highly in favor of trading and the grouping mechanics suck, essentially driving everyone to be a space trucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

If at this point people still think CIG's "two weeks" equates to 14 days, they are a loving idiot.

Two weeks is like CCP saying 'soon'

• Locked thread