Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
---
This poll is closed.
Go Heat! 96 28.15%
Go Spurs! 245 71.85%
Total: 341 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The best comic book basketball team:

The best animated basketball team is the All star team from Static Shock.

Who were basically power rangers too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I forgot Eduardo Najera existed.It was weird when late in his career, he started bombing 3s

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

N: Larry Bird wants Roy Hibbert to work with someone like Bill Walton or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar this offseason

V: It'll be Hakeem Olajuwon, and Hibbert will come into this season in "the best shape of his life"

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Roy already burned the "best shape of his life" card this past season with the martial arts, that viral muscle pic with Tim Duncan etc.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Roy Hibbert has sailed past the "best shape of his life" and has become "Super Saiyan"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hibbert and War of Wrath Morgoth have similar agility.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Wasn't the last guy Kareem worked with Bynum? We all saw how that ended. Don't do it, Roy. He's grouchy and will just give you a bunch of boring history lectures. Probably try to make you read some of his terrible books or take you on a field trip to that stupid statue he finally whined enough to get. Go get high as gently caress with Walton instead. You won't learn anything about basketball but he's at least a pleasent dude, and if you execute an even halfway decent dropstep he'll start calling you Shaq or Mozart or something. That's good for the ego.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 3, 2014

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

MourningView posted:

Wasn't the last guy Kareem worked with Bynum? We all saw how that ended. Don't do it, Roy. He's grouchy and will just give you a bunch of boring history lectures. Probably try to make you read some of his terrible books or take you on a field trip to that stupid statue he finally whined enough to get.

He'll write an essay about how he doesn't like Girls

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I could've sworn Noah was the last to work with Kareem. Him and Dwight worked out in the same year, IIRC.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Groucho Marxist posted:

He'll write an essay about how he doesn't like Girls

Dude took part in a celebrity diving competitive with Louie Anderson and he's critiquing TV.

Tae posted:

I could've sworn Noah was the last to work with Kareem.

Maybe but that doesn't help my point so I'm gonna pretend it was Bynum

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

Blast Fantasto posted:

all-time X-men team

PG: Wolverine (he can play for a full 48 minutes each game, undersized)
SG: Nightcrawler (can get to the basket from anywhere)
SF: Quicksilver (speedy, adept at cutting in to passing lanes)
PF: Gambit (lengthy, excellent distributor. High energy)
C: Colossus (won't back down in the post)

Bench: Longshot (clutch)

Coach: Magneto (he goes for the win)

gently caress Cyclops.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Maybe Hibbert could be the Bob Weir to Walton's Jerry Garcia.

There's a whole lotta nerdin' going on in this thread.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

big boi posted:

How can you not be excited about these Finals? It's better because it's a rematch from last year.

What would you people rather have had?

-Not the Pacers because they're boring and bitchy
-Any other ECF team would get destroyed
-OKC would have been cool for the sweet dunks and for Durant vs. LeBron, but the fact is that they don't have an offense
-Clippers would have been cool
-Grizzlies: ehhh
-Rockets and Portland would both get killed in the Finals

Mavs-Heat would be a fun series if you'd like watching a 4-0 or 4-1 revenge hatefucking, but I'm from Dallas so I'm happy with that not happening.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Even the rumor sites are dead.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Someone should track the stars who work out with Hakeem and see what their stats are like the next year. I know Amare definitely looked better this year than last year, but then again he was pulling off 0 Hakeem moves a game.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Blast Fantasto posted:

Maybe Hibbert could be the Bob Weir to Walton's Jerry Garcia.

There's a whole lotta nerdin' going on in this thread.

Who is Pigpen?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
We get 6 days between games and people start talking about Tolkien and X-Men. I see how it is.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

attackmole posted:

We get 6 days between games and people start talking about Tolkien and X-Men. I see how it is.

Lots of Duncan fans in here

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm one of them, I'm just a self-hating nerd with tremendous amounts of shame about airing out his lame interests.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only bball news is Randy Whitman's contract details: 3 years/3 million annual.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Doltos posted:

Someone should track the stars who work out with Hakeem and see what their stats are like the next year. I know Amare definitely looked better this year than last year, but then again he was pulling off 0 Hakeem moves a game.

STAT definitely pulled some moves out after the Dream workout. His post moves were very smooth and controlled, not like Dwight's wild spins. Shame about literally everything else.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Breaking News: Roy Hibbert to train in 100x gravity in the offseason

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

WYA posted:

Breaking News: Roy Hibbert to train in 100x gravity in the offseason

Roy Hibbert to train with Star-Lord

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Glamorama26 posted:

I forgot Eduardo Najera existed.It was weird when late in his career, he started bombing 3s

The weirdest thing to me about Najera was when they briefly removed his face to fix an injury from playing with the Bobcats.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
If Roy Hibbert was playing in some alternate world with like 5x earth gravity where normal gravity applies to everyone else that actually explains a lot of his game.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Ahem.

PG: Manwe
SG: Galadriel
SF: Melian
PF: Feanor
C: Tim Duncan

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Groucho Marxist posted:

Who is Pigpen?

Vin Baker

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

attackmole posted:

If Roy Hibbert was playing in some alternate world with like 5x earth gravity where normal gravity applies to everyone else that actually explains a lot of his game.

Roy Hibbert of Jupiter

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SF Melian is strong on perimeter defense.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

attackmole posted:

Would certainly explain why he occasionally hurls the ball as hard as he can on post hooks

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Hibbert needs to spend a few years in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Hibbert was actually playing with a weighted jersey all along.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hibbert gathered all the dragon balls to wish his game back to life

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought I was entering a basketball forum but I accidentally stumbled into a virgin festival.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Zach Lowe's got up a nice finals preview. Spurs look better than last year and Heat have Rashard Lewis.

http://grantland.com/features/nba-finals-preview-heat-spurs-2014/

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DeimosRising posted:

WhyteRyce where does Asian SAS stand in the basketball racewars?

We are too busy still trying to vote Stevie Franchise into the all-star game to take a stand

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

The Asian Oprah posted:

Zach Lowe's got up a nice finals preview. Spurs look better than last year and Heat have Rashard Lewis.

http://grantland.com/features/nba-finals-preview-heat-spurs-2014/

Heh, the perfect summary of Boris Diaw's game:

quote:

Diaw is San Antonio’s chubby futon, capable of shifting functions depending on the need.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Captain Tolerable posted:

N: Larry Bird wants Roy Hibbert to work with someone like Bill Walton or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar this offseason

V: It'll be Hakeem Olajuwon, and Hibbert will come into this season in "the best shape of his life"

Every year it seems like Hibbert has a hot start only to completely nose dive as the season continues and every off-season there is some story about how he fixed his stamina issues and every season the cycle continues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Doltos posted:

Hibbert gathered all the dragon balls to wish his game back to life

Can Dragon Balls give Rose new knees? :(

chunkles posted:

Heh, the perfect summary of Boris Diaw's game:

No joke, Diaw defended Lebron better than anyone else last year and I am excited to see that again.

• Locked thread