Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Dog chat: I buy Frontline @ Costco for the Large Dogs, and use a graduated dropper (eg http://www.amazon.com/Ml-Calibrated-Glass-Dropper-Straight/dp/B0071S5Y46) and a dark vial to store the excess in. It saves me a shitton of money per month. I do about 140lbs of animal (4 animals, diff doses per weight) for about $70 every 4-5 months, depending on how much I spill. I also buy Costco's Natures Domain dog food, its pretty inexpensive as as far as dry food goes, my dog's poop's and coat's are as good as on Avoderm, at under half the price. Same with skin allergies (the Pit has issues..), Natures Domain vs Adoderm for 3mo+, no differences.

Your budget looks reasonable, except its tight with your income. Trust me, I can relate.. I make a touch less and have a touch less in bills.

Did you shop all insurance companies? Maybe find a local broker and have them shop everyone? Do one or the other, or both, if you haven't. Rates can change MASSIVELY from company to company in different zipcodes a stone throw away from each other.

Comcast - make sure to contact them every time the promo is about to run up, they'll re-do your promo. I do it via web chat, takes about 20min of minimal interaction. You want Sales, not Billing. Tell them your bill increasing is going to mean you have to cancel, what can they do.. I got my line speed raised from 20-50mbps and my rate is the same. Can't complain! We'll see what they do for me this month, as its the end of the 2nd promo.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com Run it for 1 agency now, another in 122 days, another in 122 days, and repeat. Know what's up. PDF and spreadsheetize your delinquencies. Knowledge is power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
@Moana - Wow, only 10%... Well, I guess my cars are only about 10-15% *each* depending on which we're speaking about. And then I sink way too much into maintenance on top of that. I'm a car guy, I know its a huge waste of money, but that isn't for this thread. At least I stopped making it output >166wtq/L, that was costing about a grand a month in upkeep!

bluediamondalmonds posted:

So I got the figures on my auto loan. It is a 5 year loan at %15.55 APR (I'm guessing thats bad). My total monthly cost is $286.79 and I've been making payments of $350 to pay it down faster. I currently owe $12,515.57 out of $13,287.25 financed. If I made minimum payments for the full 5 years I would pay $7361 in interest. That sucks. I've only had it since November, I think after a year I will try to re-finance it if possible. Also on the loan it said my credit score was 600. I will know more about that after I get my credit report in.

I also tracked down one of my surgeon bills. I owe $1625.04 but am able to make monthly payments of $100 with no interest until it is paid off. I will track down the remainder of my debts when I get my credit report in.
You should sell the car and buy something you can afford. Straight up. Do it. You shouldn't have a car over 25% of your net salary. I would refi immediately if possible.

You may want to not contact the other debts until you can afford to pay them off. Some will ignore you until you contact, other will sue you anyway.

Once you know your debts, please list them all in the OP. Type, Value, Rate, Min pmt if applicable.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

bluediamondalmonds posted:

Good idea. After this months payment I should be at 6 months. I will start looking into getting lower re-financing rates from some credit unions.

Well as mentioned I have terrible credit as well. My score on the car loan was reported as 600. I'm really hoping that by paying it off early I can improve my credit. I'd like to be able to afford and buy a house sometime in the next 5-6 years.

I'm not buying another car for many, many years. I plan on driving this thing to 200,000+ miles. I take good care of it and bring it into the dealership for service every time I should based on the owners manual. I think long term it will pay off as the cost of ownership after 20 years will be a good deal.
Stop being bad with money!! The STEALERSHIP, why must you go there. Please. One reason that isn't "it's easy".

Ah more posts since I posted! Ramsey talks about how Murphy preys on the unprepared poor. Seems like you're having some bad luck here.

Definitely call around for vets and read reviews. We (gf and I, we have a pack of dogs and a cat) go to a Companion that is just fantastic, and pretty cheap. But it's about 25min away from us, as the one closer is horrid based on reviews. Do you have any doggie daycares near by? That's where we got the referral from. The employees make min wage and all love dogs, so they need a cheaper vet, and this guy is it.

SiGmA_X fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 6, 2014

• Locked thread