Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Submitted. Ante phase starts with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Both sets are in, go ahead and ante, ActingPower.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Oops, right. I'll be anteing my free Almighty first.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Pass.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Then... Endless is next, right? Yeah, Endless.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Pass again.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Inevitable, then pass forever.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Inevitable? poo poo.

Ante divine rush.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Hepzibah wins by KO in Beat 4. She only had to spend half her life to do end, ending at 10.

I have to agree with Mystic's initial assessment of the matchup- having a priority boost and ignore stun guard every round is very difficult for a character who can't get their own priority boosts regularly. On several beats Mystic would have needed to perfectly predict ActingPower to have any hope of doing damage.

I'm perfectly willing to run a rematch with different characters if you feel the need to try with a better matchup, Mystic.

Beats for easy reference:
Beat 1
Beat 2
Beat 3
Beat 4

Sefer fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 12, 2014

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Eh, it's not as dire as I first said. I've played Hepzibah as Clive who struggles against +2 priority ignore stun guard every beat just as much as Vanaah does, and I beat her. I did it by playing keepaway and dashing on a three turn cooldown, and of the 20 life it took to kill her Clive dealt... I want to say three damage? It wasn't very much. I won, and it wasn't especially difficult, but neither did it make me look like a cunning tactical genius.

Autostun +2 priority literally every beat is just such a powerful advantage, the only way I can fight back against it is to do dull tactics, laming it out like Cross Tekken, and let her defeat herself. After that first beat it was all downhill for me, and instead of sticking to a failing technique I should have switched immediately to evasion based play. But I really wanted to do anything else.

Which was objectively dumb.

Still, going second tends to fail in the face of Corruption, and going first is difficult in the face of Endless. Both? Sheesh.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Mystic Mongol posted:

Eh, it's not as dire as I first said. I've played Hepzibah as Clive who struggles against +2 priority ignore stun guard every beat just as much as Vanaah does, and I beat her. I did it by playing keepaway and dashing on a three turn cooldown, and of the 20 life it took to kill her Clive dealt... I want to say three damage? It wasn't very much. I won, and it wasn't especially difficult, but neither did it make me look like a cunning tactical genius.

Autostun +2 priority literally every beat is just such a powerful advantage, the only way I can fight back against it is to do dull tactics, laming it out like Cross Tekken, and let her defeat herself. After that first beat it was all downhill for me, and instead of sticking to a failing technique I should have switched immediately to evasion based play. But I really wanted to do anything else.

Which was objectively dumb.

Still, going second tends to fail in the face of Corruption, and going first is difficult in the face of Endless. Both? Sheesh.

Yeah, that was pretty harsh. Fun game, though; Vanaah's got some tricks up her sleeve! Judgment and that Divine Rush token are a pain to plan around. But yeah, I can tell Hepzibah was a tough one for her. I spent a lot of life on those abilities, but they paid me back pretty well. I'm not sure how you could have played against me. (I was expecting a Dash or a Pulse that never came, though.) Anywho, if you do want a more balanced rematch, I'm more than up for it. Maybe give you Hepzibah and let me struggle with the paladin. ;)

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

ActingPower posted:

Yeah, that was pretty harsh. Fun game, though; Vanaah's got some tricks up her sleeve! Judgment and that Divine Rush token are a pain to plan around. But yeah, I can tell Hepzibah was a tough one for her. I spent a lot of life on those abilities, but they paid me back pretty well. I'm not sure how you could have played against me. (I was expecting a Dash or a Pulse that never came, though.) Anywho, if you do want a more balanced rematch, I'm more than up for it. Maybe give you Hepzibah and let me struggle with the paladin. ;)

You play around them by constantly dashing and pulsing. Dash an attack, then pulse a shot? Then you shoot her while she tries to compensate, and then dash again! Randomly toss a burst in there somewhere and you've got the degenerate play that makes me sick to the stomach to use.

(Sirlin would spit on me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Alternately, play Arec. :getin:

• Locked thread