Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

blarzgh posted:

I've been to 100 different places in Texas and the only one that sucks is Lubbock. Suck it, Raiders.

oh man, you should go to other places then. you'll be pleased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

I wish Texas would secede so the rest of the country could watch it fail and lol irl.

Apparently people in Florida want to secede too. Maybe we could create the Flex-rear end rebuplic.

http://dixienet.org/rights/2014/secede_billboard_in_florida.php

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

JetsGuy posted:

Texas is an awesome state, and the fact that goons hate it so goddamned much only helps to prove the point.

:drat:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
No place is 100% better than another, every place has its own special thing that's bad about it.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Texas is ok i think, but most of the posters from there seem like lovely idiots

Yes i'm living in texas why do you ask?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Disco Infiva posted:

If I ever come to visit US, I'll go to Texas first.

Smart move, get the worst place out of the way first

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Suckboy Science Fag would be a good username

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Come to Texas and be amazed when we don't give a poo poo about what you do as long as you aren't an annoying fag about it.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Twelve Batmans posted:

Come to Texas and be amazed when we don't give a poo poo about what you do as long as you aren't an annoying fag about it.

true, women's/gay rights are for annoying fags

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

gently caress the ROW posted:

Suckboy Science Fag would be a good username

Suckboy the Science Fag
:eng101:

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
The only way Texas would ever be cool is if everyone who lives there died. The people there are the reason Texas sucks. I know someone's going to say Austin is neat and liberal and unlike the rest of Texas, but they still loving suck hog dick. Sorry you all have tiny dicks and have to talk about your state like anyone gives a poo poo to make you feel cool.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
If i ever go to an austin meet i'm going to give everyone a wedgie and stuff them in a locker

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

The only way Texas would ever be cool is if everyone who lives there died. The people there are the reason Texas sucks. I know someone's going to say Austin is neat and liberal and unlike the rest of Texas, but they still loving suck hog dick. Sorry you all have tiny dicks and have to talk about your state like anyone gives a poo poo to make you feel cool.

I would think you would feel pity for a people ravaged by small penii :ohdear:

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

420DD Butts posted:

Oh don't paint us like we're all Rick Perry. You act like the moment you set foot over the border you're gonna get lassoed and dragged behind a horse for liking gay people and wanting to let women get abortions. We're working on it so don't be such an Impatient Ingrid. AFAIK we've also never tied a gay dude to a post and pistol-whipped the poo poo out of him like they did in Wyoming so take go take your liberal fag tears there.

Also have you ever even been to Dallas? That place is way gayer than Austin.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Texas is leagues better than Missouri, Arkansas and probably Kansas. hth

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Apparently people in Florida want to secede too. Maybe we could create the Flex-rear end rebuplic.

http://dixienet.org/rights/2014/secede_billboard_in_florida.php

key west already considers themselves their own country. if they get too fed up with the US the plan is something like:

a) blow the bridge
b) moon anyone that tries to take it back
c) moon all the navy people stationed there
d) drink more

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

420DD Butts posted:

You know whats more important to 98% of Texans than social/political issues?

Being nice to people.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Twelve Batmans posted:

Oh don't paint us like we're all Rick Perry. You act like the moment you set foot over the border you're gonna get lassoed and dragged behind a horse for liking gay people and wanting to let women get abortions. We're working on it so don't be such an Impatient Ingrid. AFAIK we've also never tied a gay dude to a post and pistol-whipped the poo poo out of him like they did in Wyoming so take go take your liberal fag tears there.

Also have you ever even been to Dallas? That place is way gayer than Austin.

most of your elected officials are retards. if you don't want everyone to treat your state like it's the dumb redneck filled wasteland that it is, maybe try electing someone with half a brain some time.

also lol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Paul_Broussard

blarzgh posted:

Being nice to people.

"Look, OK YEAH he really wants to gently caress over all minorities but he's so nice about it" - something only a dumbass texan could think is a good thing

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
I too am sorry that all Texans are retarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3uX58tQ7mQ

Non-Texans trying their best to tell us how retarded Texas is.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

blarzgh posted:

Being nice to people.

Minorities and gays aren't people to Texans?

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
However, some men were also drawn to the frontier because they were attracted to men.[59] Other times, in a region where men outnumbered women, even social events normally attended by both sexes were at times all male, and men could be found partnering up with one another for dances.[58] Homosexual acts between young, unmarried men occurred, but cowboys culture itself was and remains deeply homophobic.[dubious ] Though anti-sodomy laws were common in the Old West, they often were only selectively enforced.[60]

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Actually the Dallas area is really improving. There seems to be enough influx from other areas of the country that the standard redneck poo poo is mostly going away. Many people see Texas becoming a swing state like Florida in the near future.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

burritolingus posted:

Minorities and gays aren't people to Texans?

I'm sure its fair to extrapolate the culture and social atmosphere of a State with 26 million people and 260,000 square miles based on a handful of news stories and anecdotes.

But if you've committed to the bit, then I expect you judge every group of people by its most hateful and sensational members.

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.
hell herself.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

blarzgh posted:

I'm sure its fair to extrapolate the culture and social atmosphere of a State with 26 million people and 260,000 square miles based on a handful of news stories and anecdotes.

But if you've committed to the bit, then I expect you judge every group of people by its most hateful and sensational members.

Most hateful and sensational members: a majority of voting texans

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
There's lots of fancy liberals and gays in Austin/Dallas/Houston. For some reason they hate the minorities and are pushing them out to the airport haha, oh well I'm sure they've got good intentions

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
texas #1

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

most Texans are staggeringly apolitical and for all the retarded rednecks saying stupid poo poo absolutely none of them vote or contribute to the political structure in any meaningful way. This goes both ways. So the rear end in a top hat rednecks are hot air but so are the hand wringing liberals like you retards ITT trying to pearl clutch because redneck say ignorant thing lol

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

hemophilia posted:

most Texans are staggeringly apolitical and for all the retarded rednecks saying stupid poo poo absolutely none of them vote or contribute to the political structure in any meaningful way. This goes both ways. So the rear end in a top hat rednecks are hot air but so are the hand wringing liberals like you retards ITT trying to pearl clutch because redneck say ignorant thing lol

I'm from Massachusetts so we get the other end of the stick

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

hemophilia posted:

how does this excuse your dumb rear end state

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When you really think about it, TEXAS isn't really the problem, it's all the Texans. Think about it.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
the dallas ft. worth metro area seems like it should not exist. it just doesn't feel right. driving through it takes something between forty five minutes to an hour and a half (clocks do not work as soon as you hit the perimeter bubble). expect anyone that drives a pickup truck to cut you off without using a turn signal

the panhandle is texlahoma so act as if you were in oklahoma, aka go somewhere else as quickly as possible

west texas is empty (except ft worth e: oops I mean el paso) and pretty in the places that aren't barren stretches of tumbleweed (though the barren stretches are most of it). the only manmade objects you will see are those border patrol suvs lurching along at 2mph

the houston to beaumont area is fine, you get to be by the ocean like a coastal elite!!! even if with all of the petrochemical refineries you can't actually touch the water without risk of immolation. I think the suburbs go on for a few hundred miles.

san antonia is fine too. once you start getting closer to mexico from there you can get everything at cheap prices and get a bunch of weird flavored mexican frozen treats

I don't know anything about austin

hemophilia posted:

most Texans are staggeringly apolitical
it makes sense not to bother when every state and local position there is decided not on the basis of counting how many votes you get but how many sacks of money

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 4, 2014

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rodatose posted:

it makes sense not to bother when every state and local position there is decided not on the basis of counting how many votes you get but how many sacks of money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eNW7GG_Q8

Also the Panhandle being Texklahoma is not very accurate. It's conservative but not anywhere near the least conservative parts of Oklahoma.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
you're probably right, I mean texlahoma more like a mix of the texas nearest to it (lubbock and dallas?) and of oklahoma. and if you are there why not be in a different part of texas that does not have any oklahoma contamination?

if that is still a bad description then I will accept that

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Rodatose posted:

the dallas ft. worth metro area seems like it should not exist. it just doesn't feel right. driving through it takes something between forty five minutes to an hour and a half (clocks do not work as soon as you hit the perimeter bubble). expect anyone that drives a pickup truck to cut you off without using a turn signal

you're trolling right? Because the Metroplex is the best part of the state.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
on the other hand, it is bad,

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Rodatose posted:

:laugh: Did a nice Texan woman turn you down or something bro?

Why you so upset at an awesome area in an awesome state?

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lubbock is very friendly and has a low cost of living while being easily navigable and avoiding the haphazard expansion of other cities like Dallas that make it impossible to get from one side to the other without it taking an hour and a half. Our 5 o'clock traffic is at worst an extra 30 minutes.

Yeah it's a bit young and taking a while to catch up but many are finding how lucrative it is do business here. Also it's okay to be openly gay here and espouse whatever ideals you have. The college town aspect has also added a great deal of diversity here as well. It's an okay place to visit but a nice one to come home to.

Basically, keep on hatin'.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

JetsGuy posted:

Why you so upset at an awesome area in an awesome state?

this but the opposite

tho dallas is the best area I've been to in that godawful state tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Rodatose posted:

Someone who thinks that Fort Worth is "West Texas".

• Locked thread