Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

quote:

“As a writer of the Slenderverse series, I didn’t know how to respond," she told the Guardian. "I was thinking: how could this happen? How could these kids feel that?” She said she was scared people would blame literature like hers for the way people wrongly blamed the music of Marilyn Manson for the shootings at Columbine.
fucken lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Necros posted:

theres seriously a feature film in the works about this poo poo? i hope the dude who made the first slenderman photoshop holds the rights to it and is getting rich as gently caress.

There are already a couple of films. They suck real bad. One of them is Blair Witch style.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

The Grey posted:

All you people calling him "Slender Man" are posers.

Lol if you still call him slendy or slends.

I'm that far in the know I call him by his real name. Steve

Get on my level scrubs

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
the slender verse LMAO

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Das Boo posted:

Slenderman is voiced by H. Jon Benjamin:

I don't understand how you can make a comic with the line "oh my god becky" without following it with "look at her butt"

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
they might have stabbed a kid but at least they didn't slender gay marry

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
didnt Lowtax do some LPs of "slendy games" or some poo poo of our creation?

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

heh, slendermen

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

amityville anus posted:

didnt Lowtax do some LPs of "slendy games" or some poo poo of our creation?

yes

one of which was his daughter wanted to make fun of it with him. her sense of humor is like her father's but with more childlike whimsy and less adulthood cynicism and depression

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah lowtax's daughter is actually pretty funny

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

THS posted:

yeah lowtax's daughter is actually pretty funny

unlike her dad

which is probably why she doesn't have an account here

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Rynex posted:

unlike her dad

which is probably why she doesn't have an account here

you mean that's more likelt than her dad wanting to keep her away from the site because he knows the kind of dumb creepy weirdos that populate most of it or that she's younger than the girls who stabbed each other thinking slender man is real and can't get a credit card

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

Rita Repulsa posted:

you mean that's more likelt than her dad wanting to keep her away from the site because he knows the kind of dumb creepy weirdos that populate most of it or that she's younger than the girls who stabbed each other thinking slender man is real and can't get a credit card

yeah exactly

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Goon, you are on fire lately. :golfclap:

Thank you, thank you. The original creepy photoshop thread was the one that got me lurking the forums, so this whole thing is just so weird to me.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Chelsi Tristan posted:

As a writer of the Slenderverse series, I didn't know how to respond

Get a job and move out of your parent's basement hth.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

so wait is slenderman real or not?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Real

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

oh thank loving god i stand to lose a LOT of money otherwise after last night

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

quote:

Populär wurde die Figur, nachdem der Amerikaner Eric Knudsen 2009 zwei bearbeitete Bilder bei der Gruselseite somethingawful.com einstellte. Zu sehen sind jeweils eine Gruppe Kinder, im Hintergrund treibt sich eine Gestalt umher. Beflügelt wird die Fantasie noch durch eine Anekdote, wonach es sich bei den Bildern um die einzigen Überreste nach einem Brand einer Bibliothek handelte.
Knudsen bedauerte die Tragödie. Dem Sender NBC sagte er, er sei "zutiefst traurig" über die Geschehnisse. Viele Creepypasta-Seiten veröffentlichten ebenfalls Statements, darunter creepypasta.com, das genannte Wiki sowie die Ursprungsseite des Mythos', somethingawful.com: "Bitte töte niemanden wegen Slenderman."

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/slenderman-mordversuch-us-teenager-gehen-mit-messer-auf-freundin-los-a-973515.html

learn moon language and translate it yourself

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This was an episode of Supernatural this season. Some dumb gently caress decided to recreate Slenderman because reasons.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

what does this mean for the slenderverse fandom

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Wingless posted:

Copyright becomes unenforceable if it is not defended. This is why some companies look like assholes when they throw teams of lawyers at innocent people that happened to step on their intellectual property rights. It's not that they want to crush you, but if they don't demonstrate a history of defending their copyright the courts are unlikely to side with them if it comes to an important issue later.

So what I'm saying is that the collective zeitgeisty origin of Slenderman would make a copyright claim untenable even though there was a guy who did a picture that started the whole thing. Slenderman's image, traits, story and appearance only really took shape through the contributions of hundreds of people - I don't think one person can claim it as a unique and original work.

dang slenderman lore is a lot more developed than i originally believed

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
CIA frame those girls to cover up the real tall black child stabber barack hussein obama

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This was an episode of Supernatural this season. Some dumb gently caress decided to recreate Slenderman because reasons.

I'm watching that series right now and my friend told me to stop at the last commercial break in season 5. Is this accurate?

rootphreak
May 16, 2008

HO HO HO
SPREAD EM FOR SANTA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtkrf1oKGwI

Slendamann get in my office! I heard yah told 2 kids to stab anotha? Slendamann??

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

rootphreak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtkrf1oKGwI

Slendamann get in my office! I heard yah told 2 kids to stab anotha? Slendamann??

Thats not slender canon

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

are we living in the slenderverse?

night_chrono
Dec 10, 2008

Big McHuge posted:

I'm watching that series right now and my friend told me to stop at the last commercial break in season 5. Is this accurate?

Holy gently caress balls yes. You could actually stop at like 30 seconds before credits roll.

Season six was nonstop no plot meandering and seven was just painful. Watching eight now, and I think I need to get checked for self mutilation.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
"Well that sure ain't no slender woman!"

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
slenderdong

KarmaEnforcer
Aug 7, 2000

Cylon Sympathizer

Every culture has developed the mythology around Slendermang.

rootphreak
May 16, 2008

HO HO HO
SPREAD EM FOR SANTA

Pansacola posted:

slenderdong

don't google slenderman rule 34

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

rootphreak posted:

don't google slenderman rule 34

well if I can't google slenderman rule 34 then what "______ rule 34" CAN I google????

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

is it on the right>

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

betaraywil posted:

That website that caused this violence sure lives up to its name. It is something awful.

Would be more aptly named loving Gay.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

cameraman presumed dead

rootphreak
May 16, 2008

HO HO HO
SPREAD EM FOR SANTA

Rita Repulsa posted:

well if I can't google slenderman rule 34 then what "______ rule 34" CAN I google????

:nws: shmorky rule 34

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Nancy Grace is on the case, guys.

• Locked thread