Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Butthead posted:

When Poverty Ghost died, he became Slenderman.

Spooky gentrification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Holy poo poo! That's intense!
yeah anow that I think about it I posted in a thread about itbecause one of the kids' names sounds like anus wiener

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Watommi posted:

Wait did someone find the frog?

Yeah, a goon was at a market in california or something and found THE frog. There were lots of measurements and vectors and things that confirmed it as the correct one. I don't have archives but someone has to have a link to it.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
My sister has the frog, I made it goatse someone once though

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Slender man is so lame, its not even scary.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Slenderman is weak, I bet he stabs like a 12-year old girl.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

can you even see the original slenderman photos anymore? i tohught they were all dead and gone

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Biplane posted:

can you even see the original slenderman photos anymore? i tohught they were all dead and gone

you'll receive them in a mysterious email if you post "slenderman" three times in the same thread.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Biplane posted:

This is the original one. A guy who uses a walking stick ain't that scary.

A gang of them on the other hand...

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lol

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I'm a Slenderman proxy.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Vastarien posted:

Nancy Grace is on the case, guys.

"Is your child next? Probably"

Subhu Man
Mar 20, 2004

When stalking tigers it's positively anaerobic to anticipate failiure.
(HBT; Outtakes, 5:32)
Slenderman is a work of self-contradicting fiction, with multiple authors, written over a long period, about a large supernatural being that killed loads of people or got people to kill people on its behalf, and it became hugely popular and ingrained in popular culture.

People who fanatically believed it to be true, despite clear evidence that the work was fictional, used attempting to prove said work of fiction as true as an excuse to do something barbaric.

This is clearly the first time this has happened.

I believe that all self-contradicting stories with multiple authors written over a long period about large supernatural beings that kill loads of people or get people to kill people on their behalf and have been used by people who fanatically believe said stories are factually true, despite huge evidence to the contrary, as an excuse to do something barbaric in order to prove the story was true should be banned.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Subhu Man posted:

Slenderman is a work of self-contradicting fiction, with multiple authors, written over a long period, about a large supernatural being that killed loads of people or got people to kill people on its behalf, and it became hugely popular and ingrained in popular culture.

People who fanatically believed it to be true, despite clear evidence that the work was fictional, used attempting to prove said work of fiction as true as an excuse to do something barbaric.

This is clearly the first time this has happened.

I believe that all self-contradicting stories with multiple authors written over a long period about large supernatural beings that kill loads of people or get people to kill people on their behalf and have been used by people who fanatically believe said stories are factually true, despite huge evidence to the contrary, as an excuse to do something barbaric in order to prove the story was true should be banned.

I see what you did there :thumbsup:

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Crazyeyes posted:

I see what you did there :thumbsup:

Yeah some people are just way too bitter about that star wars extended universe not being canon.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

slendy is behind everything.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Subhu Man
Mar 20, 2004

When stalking tigers it's positively anaerobic to anticipate failiure.
(HBT; Outtakes, 5:32)

Big McHuge posted:

Yeah some people are just way too bitter about that star wars extended universe not being canon.

Seriously, even ripping off the plot of X-wing would have been better than what's being offered. :mad:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

let me play you my song of approval

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*tips fedora* m'slender

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

did fox news air their lowtax interview?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Orgophlax posted:

did fox news air their lowtax interview?

he aired them lol

Pizzagate Pedophile
Mar 2, 2013

by Lowtax

Alan Smithee posted:

If it's anything like his fight with Uwe Boll they'll probably get us shut down

5ed

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Girls, I'm not going to say that your lives or the lives of your friends are worthless. All I'm going to say is that I don't want to live in a world where "scary" internet bullshit has to have a disclaimer on it that says "this is fictional do not imitate". Before you stab your best friend nineteen times in the woods at midnight, please, think of the inevitable legislative response.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I read Ben Drowned once, do I need to drown my brother to apppease the Zelda gods now??? I don't have a brother!!! Will a sister work??? Please let me know!!!

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
It's worth a shot. :shrug:

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

attention fox news reporters, I have been wracked with guilt for my association with the web site something awful dot com, and I must come clean. I have compiled a video detailing all the horrible secrets of this place, I can't link directly to it for fear of retribution against myself and my family, but trust me, you must find and watch swap.avi

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Idiot Syncratic posted:

attention fox news reporters, I have been wracked with guilt for my association with the web site something awful dot com, and I must come clean. I have compiled a video detailing all the horrible secrets of this place, I can't link directly to it for fear of retribution against myself and my family, but trust me, you must find and watch swap.avi

You traitor.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Idiot Syncratic posted:

they'll enjoy it. they love eating their own poo poo.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
*angry mob storms old windmill where goons are hiding*

*A Misanthrope climbs out the back window, grabs a pitchfork and tries to blend in*

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

*A Misanthrope climbs out the back window, grabs a pitchfork and tries to blend in*
who's A Misanthrope

e: oh

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a hole-y ghost posted:

who's A Misanthrope

e: oh

No one. I'm Bob and I've been with the angry mob the whole time, you sicko devil worshippers!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Let's be honest here: This windmill was on fire when we climbed in.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

already the backlash has begun, i see

but I'm not the monster here. I'm standing up for what is right

and that is swap.avi

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Fox news

The secret of slender man and something awful can be revealed by going to fartinmycunt.gov

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

A misanthrope posted:

*promptly gets lynch mobbed due to copious amounts of neck fat*

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Girls, I'm going to say that your lives and the lives of your friends are worthless. This isn't some kind of bullshit "Children of Men" scenario; there are always going to be more children and you three are not unique snowflakes. Further, I'm going to say that we need more dangerous metal toys from the US and Germany and less poisonous toys from China. Finally, before you stab your best friend nineteen times in the woods at midnight, please, for the love of god, wear a Go-pro camera that is streaming its feed. Think of the inevitable internet response.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

a hole-y ghost posted:

they'll enjoy it. they love eating their own poo poo.

Spoilers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Hail Satan, brothers! The hour of reckoning is here!

It feels so good to stop pretending. Have our CIA and Illuminati masters said when Brother Obama's speech will air?

• Locked thread