Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Welcome to....

What the gently caress is Tomodachi Life?

It's Nintendo's uh, "unique" version of the Sims, but it's not really the Sims. How I would describe it would be a Mii Life Simulator. You throw Miis you create or download on an island and have them all live together and watch their wacky and zany lives. You, your friends, celebrities, video game characters, horrifying abominations you threw together in Mii Maker, all inhabiting the same island. You create their voices and personalities too. You can feed them, foster relationships, and even give them hats. If you're still not sure what this game is, you should watch the Tomodachi Life Nintendo Direct

Did I mention it's really weird?

The game is out right now! Anyone who buys the game gets two codes for the "Move-In" version of the game, which is basically just a demo to give to friends. If you have codes to give away, feel free to drop them in the thread.

I bought the game on the eShop, but I don't know where to find the Move-In codes.

You can find the codes on your digital receipt.

mabels big day posted:

To find your digital receipt, go to the eshop menu, and then Settings / Other and go to Account Activity. You should see Tomodachi Life as a recent download and you can view the receipt. The codes will be near the bottom.

Sounds like fun I guess, but where can I get some good Miis?

This site has a pretty good selection of user uploaded Miis. If you want to share your own creations, just save your Mii as a QR Code in Mii Maker, put your SD card in your computer, and find your newly created code in the DCIM subfolder. Anyone can scan this QR code and have that Mii in their game. Post any good Miis you want to share!

Official Website: http://tomodachi.nintendo.com/
Seems like there will be some promotional items and Miis that Nintendo will distribute through Spotpass, so keep an eye out for that. I'll update the OP when the game comes out with any other info that seems important.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

If anyone has any spare EU demo codes, i'd love to try this out.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
The Move In demo also gives you a free item in the full game

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've made a few Miis for this game that people may want

One nice thing is you can change hair color and clothing in Tomodachi Life, so you can have a bit more customization with that

Also, from the Mario Kart thread, Hank Hill:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
So who all are you all planning on putting in your game?

I'll probably have Iwata, Arino, Reggie, Yamauchi, Shaq, some people I know, and myself.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EDIT: Got one.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 6, 2014

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

If anyone could spare a demo code i'd be really grateful.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

How many blocks is the full game?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Nikki and then the rest would be goons I commonly play games with.

Deputy Dangerous
Mar 20, 2011

90% gravity

Lizard Wizard posted:

How many blocks is the full game?

3148, if I remember correctly.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Deputy Dangerous posted:

3148, if I remember correctly.

WELP, I wasn't going to replay Ace Attorney 4 any time soon anyway.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mikeycp posted:

So who all are you all planning on putting in your game?

I'll probably have Iwata, Arino, Reggie, Yamauchi, Shaq, some people I know, and myself.

I'm filling my island with VGCW superstars. Groose and Ganondorf are already friends.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oh wow this game comes out in less than 24 hours.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It's already out, at least on the E-Shop. Speaking of which, is there still a way to get the demo codes to give out if I bought it digital? I'd like to share the love.

It's awesomely bizarre so far. I moved in myself, Shaq, Christina Aquilera (both of those from the official site), and Walter White. I'll have to think on who else I want to grab or create.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oh you're right please disregard that last post then
*proceeds to download*

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's already out, at least on the E-Shop. Speaking of which, is there still a way to get the demo codes to give out if I bought it digital? I'd like to share the love.

It's awesomely bizarre so far. I moved in myself, Shaq, Christina Aquilera (both of those from the official site), and Walter White. I'll have to think on who else I want to grab or create.

It's in your digital receipt from the estore. I don't know where you can find that again though

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

i like tacos posted:

It's in your digital receipt from the estore. I don't know where you can find that again though
Probably somewhere in the menu that is the left most choice in the eShop.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
The search for a demo key begins.

I am also surprised there wasn't a goon thread sooner. I hope this actually turns out to be awesome.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I need more Wrestler Miis for SMACKDOWN! Island.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Impressions I've been hearing from the reviews are that there's a ton of random events you can witness, but a disproportionate amount of the content is found in pursuing relationships, there's no real online functionality, and that at a base level the actual user interactivity with the game is next to nonexistent. I mean I'm sure I could get a kick out of watching Ganondorf dating Cooking Mama while Reggie lurks in the shadows, but it kind of sounds like an obscenely overpriced modern Tamagotchi-analogue. Rune Factory 4 is looking all the more tempting with that in mind.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I want to get this game, but I'm not sure if I want to go digital or physical. I tend to go digital for games I know I'll be coming back to frequently. (Animal Crossing and Pokemon come to mind). Is this the sort of game you play long term, or do you think it's a "play for awhile, see the wacky antics, and you're pretty much done" kind of thing?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
It's the kind of game you play for 15-30 minutes a day for a long while, as a breather between "real games". It's the kind of thing that should almost be a digital exclusive; I wouldn't want to have this on a cart and pop it in-and-out every time I wanted to play Cupid between celebrity Miis. If anyone even begins to wonder whether or not you're gonna get some sort of gaming-value-per-dollar out of this game it's almost certainly not for them.

I still can't figure out where this digital receipt is in order to find my demo codes.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm pretty excited to start building Avengers Island. Black Window already has a punching bag :3:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

To find your digital receipt, go to the eshop menu, and then Settings / Other and go to Account Activity. You should see Tomodachi Life as a recent download and you can view the receipt. The codes will be near the bottom.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

mabels big day posted:

Thank you!

Demo codes:
~gone~

(I guess I should note these are from the Canada eShop)

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 6, 2014

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

petewhitley posted:

Thank you!

Demo codes:
A04P4NKF2DHPSWPC
A04SN1372G86GHGP

Grabbed the second one, worked for my US account so it's probably just a blanket NA region thing. Thanks!

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

petewhitley posted:

Thank you!

Demo codes:
A04P4NKF2DHPSWPC
A04SN1372G86GHGP

Nabbed the first one. Thanks! I'm really excited to play this game--it seems risky.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Is there enough game to justify the $35 price tag?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

petewhitley posted:

It's the kind of game you play for 15-30 minutes a day for a long while, as a breather between "real games". It's the kind of thing that should almost be a digital exclusive; I wouldn't want to have this on a cart and pop it in-and-out every time I wanted to play Cupid between celebrity Miis. If anyone even begins to wonder whether or not you're gonna get some sort of gaming-value-per-dollar out of this game it's almost certainly not for them.

I still can't figure out where this digital receipt is in order to find my demo codes.

Nah, entertainment-per-dollar value wasn't what I was wondering about. Just if it was more of a pop in frequently kind of game or play it for awhile and you're done kind of thing. If it's more the former, I'll just get it from the eShop. Thanks!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Demo codes for my demo bro...des

(edit):codes all gone!

Yeah, I don't know if I'd say this is worth the price tag, but it's pretty funny and weird and I'll probably spend half the day at work today importing or making stupid Miis to populate my island. So I'm not regretting it yet. I'd put it in the same category as something like Animal Crossing, where you're going to check in and play for small bursts to see what's happening.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 6, 2014

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

StarkRavingMad posted:

A04P4S6P2VCG23SV

Nabbed this one! Thanks!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

A04SMLCW0NEJ00PC

Claimed this one. Thanks.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Is there an IRC channel for people playing this?

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Incoming demo code!

(poof!)

The Manticore fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 6, 2014

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So far it really does seem like The Sims, but Nintendo-fied. At least it does away with all the "needs" poo poo and lets me focus on making crazy poo poo happen instead. So far it's me, one of my friends, and Reggie hanging out on my island, but I'm gradually adding more Miis as I go.

E: Demo codes gone.

Artix fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 6, 2014

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Manticore posted:

Incoming demo code!

A04SN00H2U0UEGR3
Thanks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Artix posted:

So far it really does seem like The Sims, but Nintendo-fied. At least it does away with all the "needs" poo poo and lets me focus on making crazy poo poo happen instead. So far it's me, one of my friends, and Reggie hanging out on my island, but I'm gradually adding more Miis as I go.

A04SN0HR1HRMK6QU

Took this one. Thanks.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Artix posted:

A04P4Q991H29LD1J

Thanks!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Alright, so which one of you goons is going to give me a demo code for this things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Yeah I'm interested in one as well. I've seen the Direct and I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I wanna grab this, so I'll be watching this thread like a hawk for codes. It seems like fun, but like others I dunno if it's $35 fun. I'm sure the price won't stay that high for long but it'd be nice to support weird little games like this too.

• Locked thread