Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
whoa, i thought our resident sexy parrot killed the toe bee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

PuTTY riot posted:

yeah man it was awesome. i lifted *heavy thing* *number of times* for a new PR. Awesome bro!!!

Gym it up dude. Reach the pinnacle of ancient Greek physical perfection while having your nostrils invaded by garlicky male testosterone musk. Immerse yourself amongst the dudes and bros sweating and grunting, trudging heavy things around in time with the sounds of Hoobastank and Scott Stapp. Admire the Rorschach patterns of ball-sweat on the weight bench you're about to wipe down and use and be sure to wear appropriate protective footwear in the men's locker room to keep the fungus, AIDS, and used steroid needles at bay.

As others learn a trade, analyze chapters of Ulysses, make friends, travel, and have adventures, you'll be slightly improving your ability to lift things. One week it will be 185 and the next week it will be 190. With luck you'll be at 230 by the end of the year.

One day you will sit in a recliner in the Bristol Palin Home for the Uselessly Old in Rubtsovsk, Siberia, next to another man who will tell tales of his time as a minor but notable grafitti artist in Prague, his passionate relationship with an Italian socialite that ended in a swordfight, and his later years as a writing consultant to a TV crime drama series that centered around an Aspergian super-sleuth. And you will think to yourself, I can lift that man.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

BooLoo posted:

we've been over this, 1980 is the best year to be born

yes, I agree completely. It's just, I think you mistyped '1990'. :)

toby
Dec 4, 2002

theory proved

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Morkai posted:

when was the last time you gymed or did a fitness? don't lie to me fucker

Saturday night

front and back squats and floor based skull crushers which my triceps are still sore from

I'll be honest though before then it's veen a while. very of the wagon lately

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i do a dozen pushups occasionally, can i be part of this club? i did just order a pull up bar though, will be fun to never use it

skinnyfat best fat

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Time posted:

powerful rear end crew role call itt. have to make sure we don't lose anyone in translation

if you have a powerful rear end check in

Time here

hip thrustin' like a boss, lots of male to male staring

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Linguica posted:

what's the criteria for a powerful rear end

i did 5x420lb barbell hip thrusts a couple weeks back, is that enough

your rear end sounds very powerful

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

echinopsis posted:

Saturday night

front and back squats and floor based skull crushers which my triceps are still sore from

I'll be honest though before then it's veen a while. very of the wagon lately

good! keep doing heavy thing. again and again.

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

quick yospos, what's some good music to exercise to tonight?!
(last three were lorde, hotline miami soundtrack, and ultraista)

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

pointers posted:

fast rear end well mixed dj sets in any genre

mine is funk but yours could be anything

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
i listen to the alex jones show when i exercise

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Time posted:

powerful rear end crew role call itt. have to make sure we don't lose anyone in translation

if you have a powerful rear end check in

Time here

Powerass crew soundin off

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Morkai posted:

good! keep doing heavy thing. again and again.

thanks for the positive encouragement baby! I appreciate it. you too. keep pushing

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

pointers posted:

lamb of god. I really enjoy the album sacrament. alternative is isis if you want downtempo + adrenaline.

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

newreply.php posted:

fast rear end well mixed dj sets in any genre

mine is funk but yours could be anything
random RA podcast/happa it is

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i signed up for a membership at the y because dumb universty gym is getting renovated and half the stuff is closed this summer. lame. i usually pay 20 dollars a month as faculty but the y is 60.

also, since i live in san francisco and have a membership at the ymca, i'm probably gay now.

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

echinopsis posted:

thanks for the positive encouragement baby! I appreciate it. you too. keep pushing

I'm sending you un ironic positive vibes man.

gotta push off another 40 loving pounds. that's like a bunch of kilos.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
i need to cancel my current gym membership due to moving and

well

im not sure how to without driving across town to do it in person

maybe ill try calling

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaPsxIBF7WE

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

Sagebrush posted:

i signed up for a membership at the y because dumb universty gym is getting renovated and half the stuff is closed this summer. lame. i usually pay 20 dollars a month as faculty but the y is 60.

also, since i live in san francisco and have a membership at the ymca, i'm probably gay now.

completely, but don't sweat it. I imagine you're a bottom so just remember to breathe deep and relax.

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

i just do light quick workouts with dumbells and ankle weights. im more concerned with staying agile and fit and having healthy joints than being buff. hope this helps :tipshat:

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

well

maybe ill try calling

oh so you're finally getting out of the rancid armpit of america that is washington dc?

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

Socracheese posted:

i just do light quick workouts with dumbells and ankle weights. im more concerned with staying agile and fit and having healthy joints than being buff. hope this helps :tipshat:

do what works for you, but please do something.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Morkai posted:

I'm sending you un ironic positive vibes man.

gotta push off another 40 loving pounds. that's like a bunch of kilos.

sorry if I came off ironic coz I didn't mean to. u can't tell these days

yeah gently caress yeah! it's like 20 kg. I have about 5 kg to lose, which has been the case for years. so hard to lose those last ones

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Socracheese posted:

I heard ankle/wrist weights are bad for joints?

i want to be buff so gay dudes give me free poo poo in exchange for sucking my cock. can't do that with girls coz that would be cheating :smugmrgw:

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

echinopsis posted:

sorry if I came off ironic coz I didn't mean to. u can't tell these days

yeah gently caress yeah! it's like 20 kg. I have about 5 kg to lose, which has been the case for years. so hard to lose those last ones

I was just making it clear for lurking yosfitters, you're good.

my weight plateaued about a year ago but I've made lifting gains and I look marginally better naked. still a long way to go. cheers.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i did a lot of yard work today (2.5 hrs of raking and sweeping) and myfitnesspal claims i burned 800 calories doing it lol this is why I cut my cardio times in half when I enter them, it way overestimates

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Socracheese posted:

oh so you're finally getting out of the rancid armpit of america that is washington dc?

im getting deeper :marc:

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

echinopsis posted:

i want to be buff so gay dudes give me free poo poo in exchange for sucking my cock. can't do that with girls coz that would be cheating :smugmrgw:

protip: you don't have to be buff for this, just own the fatness (and have lots of body hair).

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

echinopsis posted:

ps: my wife loving loves it when I get free drinks or fast service when we at the gayer bars. she a white girl with some trunk junk so she's used to a free ride :)

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

Cold on a Cob posted:

i did a lot of yard work today (2.5 hrs of raking and sweeping) and myfitnesspal claims i burned 800 calories doing it lol this is why I cut my cardio times in half when I enter them, it way overestimates

get a heart rate monitor dealie. way better estimation of kcal burned.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Morkai posted:

I was just making it clear for lurking yosfitters, you're good.

my weight plateaued about a year ago but I've made lifting gains and I look marginally better naked. still a long way to go. cheers.

cheers

Cold on a Cob posted:

does anyone belie that calories really exist?

key to losing weigjt ISNT Eating the calories u just burnt off like fitness fiend encourages

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Morkai posted:

ps: my wife loving loves it when I get free drinks or fast service when we at the gayer bars. she a white girl with some trunk junk so she's used to a free ride :)

nice

I never go out so that never happens to me

my wife got a fit bit. classic move
maybe

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

echinopsis posted:

nice

I never go out so that never happens to me

my wife got a fit bit. classic move
maybe

my neighbor bought his wife a fitbit :pervert:

get one. quantify things. let the inner nerd take over.

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys
seriously though she lost a bunch of weight and I haven't seen her this svelte since before the kids.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

i dont like fitbits because im a child and lost the two i had

(they werent the band kind that was my mistake)

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
i think i am going to buy a bicycle so that my gross body can get less gross

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

pointers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLBTQVOiOl8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

Adult Sword Owner posted:

well

maybe ill try calling

you're too lazy to even cancel your gym membership like a man. wow.

walk in there and punch the biggest trainer and demand a cancelation. it's how these things work, trust me.

• Locked thread