Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

does anyone belie that calories really exist?

key to losing weigjt ISNT Eating the calories u just burnt off like fitness fiend encourages

yeah I try to under eat no matter how much it claims I burn off but if I do a 6 hour hike i can't just eat my usual 1500 calories

i quit using my fitbit I always forgot to charge and sync it. if they do one that auto syncs over wifi maybe i would use that one. i have their wifi scale it's neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
after driving a half hour in DC traffic to get home all i want to do is punch people, not drive 10 more minutes through traffic

cant wait to ~walk to things~

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah I try to under eat no matter how much it claims I burn off but if I do a 6 hour hike i can't just eat my usual 1500 calories

i quit using my fitbit I always forgot to charge and sync it. if they do one that auto syncs over wifi maybe i would use that one. i have their wifi scale it's neat

under eating is not healthy.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

i should probably consider biking more than just to/from work but hey it's exercise

also lol chicago @ "Elev Gain"

e: radium fix attachments plz

Only registered members can see post attachments!

minivanmegafun fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 6, 2014

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
to lose weight eat your goal weight times 9-10

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

LARD LORD posted:

holy poo poo i like this

also that means im eating just a little higher

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

power bottom checking in

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

LARD LORD posted:

i do

when i say under eating I mean under eating contrasted with eating just enough to maintain my weight. I eat 1500 to 1800 calories per day and my goal is 150 lbs

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
can we get a powerful asses gangtag? i'll buy the av

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

Necc0 posted:

can we get a powerful asses gangtag? i'll buy the av

how much do I need to squat to get one?

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Wasn't there a thing recently about fitness wristband things probably not doing what they say they do? Are some of them confirmed to be less garbage than others? I don't want one, just curious is all

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

toby posted:

Wasn't there a thing recently about fitness wristband things probably not doing what they say they do? Are some of them confirmed to be less garbage than others? I don't want one, just curious is all

toby let us have powerful rear end gang tags

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
i will accept you as a crew member if u do

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Adult Sword Owner posted:

after driving a half hour in DC traffic to get home all i want to do is punch people, not drive 10 more minutes through traffic

cant wait to ~walk to things~

become a martial arts master like me. that way you can punch things and work your flabby body

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

LARD LORD posted:

i didn't realize you meant lbs and got really concerned for a minute there.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I did 'The Biggest Loser' (joke setup here) on the 360 w/ Kinect for a twelve week 'series' a couple of years back and managed to drop just over a stone, not bad for a totally sedentary nonmover.

ofc it's back with a vengeance now :o:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

how much is a stone in units that normal people use

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

spankmeister posted:

how much is a stone in units that normal people use

14lbs or 6.3kg

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
cfs: bb bench warmup 300x1 250x8 225x8 225x5 had some more poo poo i wanted to do but got shaky and weak bc i havent eaten in over 14 hours

cds: last night cooked 3 lb of seasoned cod in the cast iron skillet. also made brown rice, broccoli, black beans, onions, and added some spicy rotel and tomatos w/ basil. mix it all together, top with spoon ful of jalapeno verde

this is every meal except for breakfast which remains 4 eggs, 6 egg whites and a can of pinto beans every day. snack is hummus and pretzels + cottage cheese.

15 days until i may taste alcohol

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

toby posted:

no what happened was the fit bit I think was leeching metals into people's wrists or something like that

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

toby posted:

Idk I tested the Fitbit with known distances and it seemed p accurate

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
fitbit force had a weird problem where the clasp was giving rashes, i got one. i am somewhat prone to contact rashes, so there's that. but otoh the fitbit flex didn't give me a rash after months of continuous use.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

c food s: lettuce wrap with chicken, beans, broccoli, onion, rice and greek yogurt

testing out low calorie dinners, when bulking i used to eat three large burritos with a load of stuff in them, gotta find something hitting that same spot - i got used to the beanfartz before bed already

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

BooLoo posted:

i didn't realize you meant lbs and got really concerned for a minute there.

yeah sorry, weight in lbs * 9-10 = ???kcal you should eat

rule of thumb is 8-10 to lose, 12-14 to maintain, 15-18 to PUT ON MASS

break it down to 40% protein/30% fat/30% carbs (or roughly 200g protein, 75g fat, 150g of carbs) to maintain/put on weight or 40% protein/40% fat/20% carbs (or roughly 200g protein, 100g fat, 100g of carbs) to lose based on a 2000kcal diet

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
my goal now is to be 250 with relatively low BF. i want to hit it before 30 so i have 2 years 3 months to gain ~20 pounds of lean mass without getting sloppy. if i get any type of serious injury i'm hosed and probably won't make it even if i stay healthy.

~dysmorphia goals~

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
also i must mention that i'm 6'4" so 250 is big but not almost pro bodybuilder big like the 5'9" mass monsters. those guys rule i'll just never be at that levell

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Fib posted:

I used to be fit-ish from cycling everywhere but since I moved to HK any outdoor exercise is basically the worst idea and now I'm getting fat :(

Still too lazy to do anything about it :(:(

there's like a million grueling hikes you can do in HK, just bring extra water

and don't go during a typhoon i guess

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Time posted:

also i must mention that i'm 6'4"

oh ok jesus i was gonna say... i'm 6' and ~215 and was all :stare:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I just want < 15℅ bf

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Time posted:

my goal now is to be 250 with relatively low BF. i want to hit it before 30 so i have 2 years 3 months to gain ~20 pounds of lean mass without getting sloppy. if i get any type of serious injury i'm hosed and probably won't make it even if i stay healthy.

~dysmorphia goals~

yeah im 6'4" 255 right now and i think I'm gonna cut back down to 220 and slowly move back up again until i can be 10-12% at 242

i can see 20lbs LBM in 2.5 years being doable but youre probably gonna have to make eating meat your full time job hahah

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

LARD LORD posted:

yeah im 6'4" 255 right now and i think I'm gonna cut back down to 220 and slowly move back up again until i can be 10-12% at 242

i can see 20lbs LBM in 2.5 years being doable but youre probably gonna have to make eating meat your full time job hahah

i already do :wink:

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
anyone remember those electronic TENS unit work out belts that were supposed to give you a six pack while sitting on the couch?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

anyone remember those electronic TENS unit work out belts that were supposed to give you a six pack while sitting on the couch?

Dr. Ho?

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_240.html

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

LARD LORD posted:

i'm not gonna lie i'm so sick of eating lean protein that i take 4 scoops of protein powder a day now. i need to scale it back because real food is so much better

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I wish I exercised enough that I would get sick of meat

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Time posted:

i'm not gonna lie i'm so sick of eating lean protein that i take 4 scoops of protein powder a day now. i need to scale it back because real food is so much better

i really feel like you get better gains eating meat vs protein powder, its total broscience but thats gotta be something else at work

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

LARD LORD posted:

i really feel like you get better gains eating meat vs protein powder, its total broscience but thats gotta be something else at work

a lot of things people used to call bro science panned out to be 100% true and i'm with you on this.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
did legs today

now i'm going for a bike ride

this ought to be hysterical

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I wish I exercised enough that I would get sick of meat

i'm sick of meat and i miss sweats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dex_sda posted:

c food s: lettuce wrap with chicken, beans, broccoli, onion, rice and greek yogurt

i just tallied the ingredients up, 40/40/20 split, 270 cals per serving. pro

• Locked thread