Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are puas human garbage
yea of course
i disagree
hmm...not sure op
goku
gas thread
View Results

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

lol at that chart. I know so many non-7 guys who are dating or have dated 8+ girls if we're going to start pretending that this 1-10 scale isn't meaningless and subjective (for example, are there pictures anywhere of what a 2 girl looks like, as well as a 1 and a 3 so they can be told apart? What's a 6 guy (can't get laid) and a 7 guy (barely can)?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Post a picture of a guy who's a 6 and a guy who's a 7.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It also doesn't account for disparity between the sexes, since to use actual :biotruths: there are 106 males born for every 100 females. Also what happens if your assigned spouse dies? Tough poo poo?

And I'm still waiting on my pictures of two guys who are just distant enough in attractiveness that the uglier one gets no action and the slightly prettier one can only pull a 3.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ZergFluid posted:

Those dudes made money from the subtle false advertisement that, through sheer will, boring neckbeards could be that charismatic.

My brother manages a hobby shop specializing in Magic: The Gathering and also plays in Magic: The Gathering tournaments. No problems getting laid, has had two serious relationships with girls who would be at least 8's if we're going to judge them solely on their looks. A friend of mine has a dice collection (thousands upon thousands) and DM'ed years-long D&D campaigns with his close friends, and now has a serious girlfriend, runs all kinds of public events, and is starting his own business. People aren't uncharismatic because of what they do, they're uncharismatic because...they're uncharismatic.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Job Truniht posted:

The air of desperation would've never existed if it didn't become our mandate in society to shame anyone who has never been in a relationship.

There's a mandate to shame anyone who's never been in a relationship? At high school level/with douchey acquaintances, maybe, but adulthood tends to give zero fucks, if you're not broadcasting it to everyone in your surroundings or have some other reason to be ostracized (which may be a part of why there was no prior relationship success). Or are things different in the U.S.?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Job Truniht posted:

It's a product from whatever social conservatism remains in our culture.

There are, ultimately, two conditions that must be met for someone to be normal: You have to make peace with yourself and arrest any inner turmoil that you may have (what some people in this thread have mentioned), and you have to make peace with society and its expectations of you (which nobody in this thread is talking about). Even if the former was possible, the latter is something I find impossible to do. It could easily be unique to American culture. Maybe it's different everywhere else. I'm not going to generalize.

Honestly, I think the latter goes hand in hand with the former; the idea of "society expects you to find a partner and have all the sex" really is mostly an artificial idea someone who hasn't made peace with himself constructs, rather than something that actually happens.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sabel posted:

Admittedly, there's a world outside of lovely teen/college sex comedies but it's hard to deny that it's there.

There's definitely an issue with the younger crowd but it's pretty much non-existant past year 1 or the first part of year 2 of college. Like, if you're at least a little bit social, once you're past 20 or so it really stops mattering. That being said, if you're super-frustrated about it then it will be.

Job Truniht posted:

Would either of you care to make your case why my arguments are incorrect, or are you going to be :smug: about it?

I actually don't know the sexual history of a lot of my recently-made friends. What little I do know is mostly incidental, like if we go to some sort of gathering and their significant other is there, or if they're wearing a wedding ring; it's not really a conversation topic people have once they get to the university/career points of their lives. Sometimes people will be like "yeah, I had a date last night, and we hit it off pretty well." Conversation is almost always about the relationship rather than how wet his dick got. We don't ask "so did you do her?" or anything like that. How many times you got laid is kind of like your SAT score: absolutely no one gives a poo poo once you're a functional adult.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

close this gay thread

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So Zerg, what do you want? Would you be content with moderate success at one-night stands (say once or twice a month)? Also ballpark how old are you?

Under your functional utopia how exactly would you getting laid work?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ZergFluid posted:

We would legalize prostitution and socially reconstruct society as to make seeking the services of a sex worker to be shameful.

What does its legality and social stigma have to do with anything? People got drunk as poo poo during prohibition, you know.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I don't know of a single place where, legal or not, being part of the elite or not, seeing a prostitute and making it known wouldn't get you turned into something of a social pariah. It's always been about discretion, very "don't ask, don't tell"; even in places where it's legal and "normal", the secrecy is still a part of it, you don't come home and tell your wife how amazing she was unless you want to have your poo poo kicked in in divorce court. A strip club is a normal and legal thing here (including cheap full contact, full nudity lapdances) but it's still seen as weird if you go to one outside of an occasion like someone's bachelor party, and even so some people's partners will get upset about it; we also have male strip clubs with full nudity and the same holds true for those.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ZergFluid posted:

Suppose a man discretely visits a sex worker, but someone else finds out and broadcasts that information. Society has a choice in how it responds to the broadcast of that information: it can either shame the man and hold him in less regard for his sexual proclivities or it can treat that information as a private matter worthy of neither praise nor condemnation, much like homosexuality.

Stop comparing it to homosexuality. On top of being an offensive comparison, there isn't a country in the world where someone's visits to a sex worker becoming known wouldn't result in the person in question being held in less regard. This has been true throughout history, and even in countries where prostitution was never really criminalized.

Also give TheSpiritFox's excellent post a read. Your "utopia" is a horrible idea and is never going to happen.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nibbles141 posted:

We had a politician here (Australia) who had used his union issued credit card back when he worked there to visit prostitutes and when the story broke the prostitutes part wasn't really an issue, it was the fraudulent use.
Even then it was probably only a huge story because the government was only in by a tiny margin so if they lost a minister it was a big deal. The focus even in the segments of the media that were really out to get him was on the fraud, no one really cared about the sex part.

I read up a bit on this (Craig Thomson, right?) and it looks like his wife stood by him, but would she have had grounds for a divorce? I'm seriously asking, I'm not familiar with Australia's standards for divorce grounds.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

niethan posted:

uh can't i just divorce my partner because i'm not feeling it anymore? what do i need grounds for?

I guess to put it another way, there are different things that happen when you file for divorce because "the magic is gone" and when you file for divorce because "my spouse slept with somebody else (prostitute or otherwise)." For example, there are usually conditions and delays to the first (no-fault divorce), such as having to be separated for 1 year (generally needing to prove that you're no longer living as a couple for that time), while the latter can be processed relatively quickly and carries some financial advantages, as well as arguing for things like child custody. At least in the U.S., I'm not finding anything specific to prostitution or anything that happened before the couple got together; a past criminal conviction can be used but has to include prison time, although it's possible to get a divorce for religious reasons and I think in most places having proof that your soon-to-be-ex slept with a prostitute in the past will always help your case and hurt theirs, at least if you're trying for a fault divorce.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

What about girls who go to the club every weekend and have a one-night stand on most of their outings? No hoarding! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nibbles141 posted:

What is the sexual market's stance on bitcoins? :henget:

I bought a pussy mining rig but all I ended up with was some dry berries. :smith:

• Locked thread