Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

It is really quite sad that Cummins fought DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I think Cummins has the fight done, buddy isn't even fighting back.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Jesus look at that gap-tooth, that is so huge it looks fake.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I think he is missing a tooth

Yeah, I know, but it looks like he just blacked it out or something. The hole in his smile is enormous.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I highly doubt that will happen.

On the other hand, we've got The Librarian fight next, which is a cool enough name that I'll root for him.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Oh jesus the glasses, I withdraw my approval.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tuck is going to have some very sore ribs tomorrow. Librarian has been working the same spots over and over, and some of those knees were big.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Library man needs to commit to his jabs. He's just sticking is arm weakly out and getting countered.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Ninja PD posted:

I like how Jon Tuck is one of those names that you have to say the full thing every time you address him.

hahaha

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I love that s-mount, don't see it nearly enough.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Uhh.. what?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Dirp posted:

Back mount heel strike tko lmao

Doesn't look so good on the ol record. For either guy, really.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Scotty! Didn't know he was fighting tonight. I have a soft spot for the guy from his WEC days.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Noooo scotty!

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Those elbows are money.

^^^ and more!

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Spot is consciously not putting both hooks in. When he gets the back he'll put one in, but not the other even if its wide open. Is the rationale to maintain mobility, so he won't end up on the bottom?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Well, that was a good fight, glad I watched. I'm happy Scot won.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Yes, a lot of wrestlers won't put hooks in so they won't get reversed.

A lot of wrestlers just won't put hooks in at all. Which makes a lot of sense, especially because people usually guard against the hooks. I don't recall seeing this one-hook-only business though.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If you're talking about hooking the near-side leg only, that happens all the time.

No I don't mean that either.

Scotty there had fully taken the back; he had the seatbelt or other grip, was completely behind his opponent, and had one hook in. He wasn't riding the turtle position; he had the back, just with one hook out. A bit curious.

Oh man not this ref again.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

1st AD posted:

God these fights suck real bad. If the baby Pettis fight stinks I'm gonna start drinking a lot.

This fight right now sucks, there have been good ones though. I have hopes for Sergio.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Tuck vs Lindsey was back and forth for the first two rounds with a pretty good pace, even though both guys were exhausted. Then it had a really funny finish. What more do you want out of prelim fights?

There was interesting stuff in that fight too. The Librarian had neat but stilted skills. He had great escapes from the bottom and really good knees from the clinch. He was seriously lacking in other areas, but I enjoyed watching the fight.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I think they're building to something.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

That was not very fun to watch.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

For some reason I didn't realize I could watch the main card on fight pass. Time to get more beer!

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Hahaha, did the crowd just boo at Caraway winning?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

So eye pokes are legal in this fight?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

That cut looks fairly bad.

edit: actually it looks small and inconsequential.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I hate the rule, but that replay certainly looked like 12-6 to me.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Gassssss

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Shoot, I was rooting for Edwards. Hallman's got some skill but he fights pretty dirty from the looks of things.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

6 more months with no Condit? Who will this thread drool over instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

1st AD posted:

drat that was nice defense from High.

Yes indeed.

• Locked thread