Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
So maybe I missed it but I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up here yet:

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/mark-mayfield-dies-108388.html

quote:

Mark Mayfield, a Mississippi tea party leader and lawyer facing charges in connection with taking photos of Sen. Thad Cochran’s wife at her nursing home apparently committed suicide Friday morning.
Police said that Mayfield’s wife, Robin, called 911 just after 9 a.m. to say her husband had shot himself. Officers arrived to find the 57-year-old lying on the floor of a storage room in his garage with a single gunshot wound to the head and a “large caliber revolver” with the body.
Continue Reading
Lt. John Neal of the Ridgeland Police Department told POLITICO that there was a note recovered, but he declined to share its contents. He said no foul play is suspected but an autopsy will still be conducted.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Evil Fluffy posted:

Nothing about Paypal has made the world a better place. That company is loving horrible and needs to be regulated heavily. Same goes for Uber and other "we're X but we don't have to follow the rules of X" companies. Tesla motors is cool, aside from them being outside most people's price range. His newer ventures have not offset the evil he's done by unleashing Paypal on the world.

AFAIK PayPal is regulated the same as any bank now, and have been for a while.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

anonumos posted:

PayPal is still ridiculously anti-consumer, and will snap up your wallet in a heartbeat and make you dance a tango in a bonfire to get it back.

I won't derail further than this but there's a really good reason they do this and I'd rather the occasional tango than have my bank account emptied by Nigerians.

• Locked thread