Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I'll try to have an update for everybody tomorrow night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Sorry, guys. :negative:

So here's the deal; I am spending about 3 hours a day commuting now thanks to my car breaking down; I have to take the bus. My seven-way-party-split is a lot of work and I haven't been able to motivate myself! I will try to have some updates done shortly for everyone else, possibly tonight. Thanks for being patient with me!

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Transit :negative:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
It's alright, chief! As long as you don't abandon us, I will put up with whatever.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Hey, if you guys need some reading material to pass the time, the playtest for my latest game prototype is off and running.
Feel free to comment in the thread, we're being all fast and loose like that.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
hey TheAnomaly, I will have a Plowforged update for you tomorrow (and I will try to have more updates for others)

Thanks everybody for being patient with me!

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Did the Curse make him do it, or is Duke just a really bad man? :iiam:

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

This might be obvious, but I have a hunch that the best move might be for Plowforged to shift-charge the pylon in N15 and have William move to attack the pylon in J15

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I swear to god I didn't just end this combat because I'm lazy, I have a lore reason for this that I couldn't overlook. :shrug: I've got something else lined up already and I'll let your bonuses from rages carry over assuming you have any running

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 31, 2015

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
I posted Jericho checking out the mirror a while ago. Was he able to find anything out?

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Between long hours at work, adjusting to a new schedule, family drama, and a whole host of problems I haven't had any time or motivation to post anything to any of my games in a few weeks now. I don't see the situation improving in the foreseeable future, either. Rather than drag things out until everyone gets sick of it and declares me AWOL, I'm just going to bow out. I'm really sorry if waiting on me killed any of the momentum, but I thought it better to just own up and say I can't keep playing rather than just drop off the face of the earth. Thanks for having me, it was a pleasure and I'd enjoy the chance to play alongside you all again if the fates allow.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Sorry to hear, hopefully things clear up soon :(

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
It's cool dude no hard feelings. Llenewar will remain in the story, at least for the forseeable future. If things improve and we're still around you're welcome to rejoin!

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
I'm going to be away from the internet for the next week or so due to a very sudden death in the family. If you'd like to move Jericho along, feel free to NPC him in the meantime.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Izzy posted:

I'm going to be away from the internet for the next week or so due to a very sudden death in the family. If you'd like to move Jericho along, feel free to NPC him in the meantime.

Oh, wow, I'm so sorry! Take all the time you need, Jericho will be here waiting for you when you get back. I don't think it will be necessary, but if I have to NPC you I'll make sure to not make any big decisions for you or do anything out of character. Thanks for letting us know!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Sorry I'm so late to respond. I've had a pretty hellish work schedule, and not much mental energy to work with. I'm still here, and eager to hex some poo poo up, though!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Sorry for the posting delays! My car is finally fixed, though I'm rather suddenly in the process of getting ready to switch to a new job and it's been a hectic, draining, and incredibly stressful couple of weeks.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Hey, beats not having a car or a job!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

It's true!

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void

P.d0t posted:

Hey, beats not having a car or a job!
Uh, yeah, about that...

So basically my life has become a terrible country song. My (temp) job is on hold, and I just found out that the reason my car won't start is because it needs a $3000 repair. And the tax refund I was counting on got cut in half because Reasons. All this while trying to save up to move to a state with a functioning job market.

I'd say "gently caress my life" but it's already doing a great job of loving me. :negative:

So that's why I haven't been posting, and why I need to drop for now. I really, really would like to come back when/if things become less poo poo, and I'll be reading, but I really don't have a brain for writing right now and that won't change for at least a couple of months. Sorry guys. :(

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Hey Izzy it's totally cool! I'm glad to have had you in the group and I'm sorry you're having so many problems. I've been there before and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I totally understand if you need to drop, I would be happy to have you back. Jericho will remain active in the plot as a background character so if you want to pick him back up later on it will be an option.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I miss you already. I kind of wanted Jericho to be like the team dad, once we all got back together. Stay safe, mang.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Going to knuckle down and get the game back on track tonight. I'm a week entrenched in my new, more fulfilling job and I have the next two days off, so I'm going to get some updates out.

Plowforged and Keaira should expect combat updates. I am also bringing a new player into the game, and will be doing their intro tomorrow. OzCavalier, I recommend compiling your combat block ahead of the intro post.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Done.

pre:
Chaedi   						 
HP: 29/29 (THP: 0)         AC:   13          Passive Insight:    19
Surges: 8/8 (V: 7)         For:  12          Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +2   	   Ref:  14          Action Points:      1
Speed: 6   	           Will: 16

At Will			     Encounter			     Daily
Vicious Mockery          [ ] Words of Friendship         [ ] Concerted Effort
War Song Strike          [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Stirring Shout
                         [ ] Majestic Word
                         [ ] Aggravating Force
                         [ ] Focused Sound

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 21, 2015

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
As a fan of bards and as a player in this game, I would like to say, "welcome aboard!" :hfive:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Oh, I didn't realize we were getting a replacement friend. I'm sure Chaedi and Kelda will be... on the same side of a conflict.

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I miss you already. I kind of wanted Jericho to be like the team dad, once we all got back together. Stay safe, mang.
Aw, thank you. :unsmith: I would have liked that for him too. Hopefully once I've moved I'll be able to come back.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
It turns out I was really tired this weekend, sorry for flaking out again guys. :( I'm working on something, probably have it up tomorrow or the day after. We'll get this weird middle period out of the way and the whole plot back on track - with a single group - very soon.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Guys, I really hosed up.

I've been coming to this conclusion for a long time but honestly, I seriously poo poo the bed with this all-way party split idea and I can't cope with the workload. It was overwhelming when I was depressed and now I have the will to do it but not really the time.

I'd like to skip through the rest of the solo arcs and go back to the combined party. The huge split was a loving terrible idea and even though it had some cool story moments I was stupid to think I could ever pull it off. If anyone wants to drop, or the majority want to can the game at this point, I understand completely, but I think I can fix the pacing of the game if I can cut down my update time to something more manageable. Please give me another chance, guys.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I'm cool with it, personally. I think my scene was wrapping up anyway.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Sounds good to me, be nice to get this game back on the road.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I blame non-Blackguard Paladins refusing to take the plot hook ;)

Duke's thing is done AFAICT, so star-wipe away; if there is anything else I'd find out, feel free to tl;dr it.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I'll get the batch update together here this weekend and we'll get this moving on, then. Chaedi should still have a separate intro, but I will try to wrap her in very quickly.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
so I'm having a medical emergency. So uh, no gaurantee on updates today. Sorry everybody. D:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Fair enough.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Hope it's nothing major, Mirthless

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I'm not dead or horribly maimed, so I guess it was a win for me in the end.

I had an aggressive MRSA infection in :nms: my scrotum and perennium :nms: which took me from 0 to hospitalized in about four days. I was in the hospital for a week and I had to have surgery. Occupational hazard from working in a hospital, I guess. At this point, I think it's time to accept that I'm just not going to be able to make this happen. Things just aren't stable for me, and while I keep getting my hopes up, things don't seem to be getting any better. I'm not going to keep jerking everybody from crisis to crisis. Sorry for letting you all down. :smith:

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
That's rough, condolences. :( I wanna say I appreciated the chance to play (my first 4e PbP ever!) So thank you very much :)

I kinda wanna do something to keep this going, but I know I'm not up to the task of drawing and uploading maps and stuff.
Writing and doing monster math I'm pretty alright with.

Maybe we can post in the recruit megathread, looking for a DM? it wouldn't be the first time players have done that in there..

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I was afraid that might end up being the case, but I don't hold it against you, Mirthless. Life happens.

I'd be up for finding a replacement DM, if that's okay by Mirthless, though. I'm really enjoying the crew we have going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I really don't know how comfortable I'd be with somebody taking over the game. If you guys don't mind waiting until the weekend for me to heal I can still try to keep this thing going, but I figured at this point everyone would be tired of delays, and I haven't been able to spend significant time at my PC due to pain. It's up to you guys, but if you're still interested, so am I.

• Locked thread