Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

quote the vividly detailed diarrhea scene at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Bran wargs into a dragon and Jon Snow and Danny Targaryan gently caress on it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The more she drank, the more she shat,Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew andEvery stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat,Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and

By the time the moon came up she was making GBS threads brown water

Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
battle of the brownwater, abridged and formatted to fit your screen.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Moridin920 posted:

The more she drank, the more she shat,Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew andEvery stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat,Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew and

By the time the moon came up she was making GBS threads brown water

Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler.

He's already dating a goon, I don't know if that's going to work

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

the series will end with a non sequitor "and then they hosed" halfway through a paragraph

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ice falls, everybody dies

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

ice falls, everybody dies

That would be better writing than the books are.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
cersei lied, people died.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
less incestuous than the roosevelts, admittedly

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

So I read the first two books, and decided that GRRM was a cock, and that I was done with all that nonsense, but now the bf is into the show, and I'm trying to convince him that its all poo poo. Any tips from the pros?

sever

e: or learn to live with your bf's lovely taste, i guess

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

So I read the first two books, and decided that GRRM was a cock, and that I was done with all that nonsense, but now the bf is into the show, and I'm trying to convince him that its all poo poo. Any tips from the pros?
read a bunch of unsourced quotes from piers anthony and GRRM at him and challenge him to guess who wrote what.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

sever

e: or learn to live with your bf's lovely taste, i guess

at least he doesn't want me to watch it with him, that's cool I guess.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
he probably didn't want some cranky retard talking all through the episode about which mindless entertainment he needs to like.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

He likes trailer park boys too, so I just assume he likes to shut down with super lovely tv.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

He likes trailer park boys too, so I just assume he likes to shut down with super lovely tv.

trailer park boys is great and now i've changed my opinion of you from well meaning partner to nagging bitch

GoT does suck though

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 9, 2014

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

He can watch what he wants, I don't make him watch my terrible shows and I don't watch his, but I refuse to listen to an argument that game of thrones is a thing I should think about for more than 30 seconds.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
If game of thrones wasn't popular and was made in some foreign country with english subtitles every human being in this thread would be circle jerking about its greatness.

Haha, but I'm an english major so I can't enjoy anything you've heard of.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

oh hey and english major, maybe when you major in classics and can appreciate the derivative themes that have been going on since the bronze age you'll be a proper shithead. Until then I guess just do your best.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
There's literally nothing wrong with themes and motifs from the Bronze Age

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

oh hey and english major, maybe when you major in classics and can appreciate the derivative themes that have been going on since the bronze age you'll be a proper shithead. Until then I guess just do your best.

I meant that one. That one is my major. Whatever leads to no job and being as unlikable as possible.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Game of Thrones is deservedly popular because it's a gripping story with vividly drawn characters :unsmigghh:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Ramsus posted:

I meant that one. That one is my major. Whatever leads to no job and being as unlikable as possible.

Someone once bought me a beer because I finished their latin quote. That's the most my classical education has ever done for me.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I preferred the books because you could read through the boring parts faster. they should really put out abridged versions of TV series that go over one season

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

All things popular are objectively bad. Things are only good when they are known to myself and a few other people. Until they become popular of course, then they are bad.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I preferred the books because you could read through the boring parts faster. they should really put out abridged versions of TV series that go over one season

Also I don't think you understand what a goddamn waste of humanity sansa is unless you read the book.

In Zero We Trust
Jul 14, 2011
What is the sexual market value of a midget handjob?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

In Zero We Trust posted:

What is the sexual market value of a midget handjob?

depends. among pedophiles? loving priceless.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Frostwerks posted:

i actually really loving dig sandman and anansi boys and american gods are at least entertaining if flawed and accessible works. i could def understand how people would not like him

I've read a lot of Gaiman, and I probably count as a fan of his, I guess? I'll still say, right now, that Gaiman isn't really what you'd put on a list of nerd books that are as good as real books.

Pratchett might need a place on a list like that but Pratchett isn't for people who don't really read fantasy but want to give it a shot. He's more for people who read too much lovely fantasy and need someone to make fun of it and everything it stands for before they start thinking it's good.

Mind, I'm not sure about China Mieville, either. I would not put that guy next to Le Guin. Maybe it's just because he's not Old Enough yet. Moorcock wrote some seriously embarrassing poo poo too, but I'm okay with him being an important fantasy person. Because he is.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

prezbuluskey posted:

some midget homo jerked off some dude and some homo blonde girl ate out a dragon who cares

yeah I don't get it either

Butthead
May 31, 2011
I haven't read any of the books and never will, but what I've learned from Netflix is that if the entire season of a TV show is released all at once, nobody gives a poo poo about the books. Nobody has ever said "House of Cards is an alright show, but the book is more interesting."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Butthead posted:

I haven't read any of the books and never will, but what I've learned from Netflix is that if the entire season of a TV show is released all at once, nobody gives a poo poo about the books. Nobody has ever said "House of Cards is an alright show, but the book is more interesting."

the bbc version of house of cards is better than the original books anyway

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Preview for next episode

i dont think thats what happened in the books

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

The only good thing that came from the GoT series was that photoshop thread about snoop.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jusupov posted:

Preview for next episode

i dont think thats what happened in the books

yeah you're right pretty sure no video was in the books

also the books were crap

Butthead
May 31, 2011
All books are crap. The best selling book of all time is so bad that TV and movies can't even make it good.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Everyone dies, and grrm thinks that's the same as plot development. He's a poo poo writer and its a poo poo story.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Everyone dies, and grrm thinks that's the same as plot development. He's a poo poo writer and its a poo poo story.

yeah that's kinda what I thought

everything I've read from people who have read the books is all "so-and-so kills such-and-such" all the time so like if everybody kills everybody who cares right? Sounds like a pretty boring and predictable story

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I read the books and then part way through the books I realized I was getting into a trap where I sort of cared about the characters that were left, and then I relaized no, I didn't, they're all loving terrible and shallow badly written characters. So I stopped reading the books, and now my bf started watching the show and he's SO AMAZED at the writing. I hate this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

gnarlyhotep posted:

yeah that's kinda what I thought

everything I've read from people who have read the books is all "so-and-so kills such-and-such" all the time so like if everybody kills everybody who cares right? Sounds like a pretty boring and predictable story
the "everyone kills everyone" aspect is probably a bit overstated, it's just that he's killed off a few audience-favourite characters

i mean for a series where supposedly anybody could die there's no way Dany's going to carc it any time soon

• Locked thread