Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
one time i joked that GoT was lord of the rings for people with ADD

then i learned that everyone i know who likes GoT happens to have been diagnosed with ADD

COINCIDENCE!?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Gaunab posted:

GoT is like lord of the rings for autistic people

no this is wrong

lotr is lotr for autistic people

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Hobohemian posted:

How is that possible? It's so loving boring that there is noway somebody with ADD could handle it. Listening to that fat kid talk about making a stew was like one of the most memorable parts this entire season, whenever that was.

im just posting the facts here buddy, i cant explain the why or the how

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

THS posted:

its pretty hard to make the argument that its lotr for autistic people considering its the most popular hbo series ever

exactly. and add is the hippest DX right now soooooo

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Effectronica posted:

i would rank tolkien as somewhat higher up than most fantasy types give him credit for, but that's a good list. i also like tim powers and caitlin kiernan.

i mean, fantasy as a whole is really really poo poo. like, really poo poo. one would think that, like all other genres, something would eventually come along with relevant themes and deep meaning important to the human existence, but nope!

the fact that tolkien has no rapes and no incest (elf family trees notwithstanding) and maintains a coherent and logical storyline is all he needed to stand out in fantasy. he was a boring writer but at least he wasnt a total idiot

Cursed Lumberjack fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 8, 2014

• Locked thread