Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
What are your favorite items to purchase at Costco?

I like the fresh produce, coffee, and fresh chicken breasts. I get prescriptions filled there, too. One time I bought an external hard drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
Shouldn't it be called uncostco?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i get my coffee, prescriptions, contact lenses, almond milk and bananas from there

i was in there today and bought strawberries and i cant wait til they have rainier cherries by the boatload

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

FordPRefectLL posted:

i get my coffee, prescriptions, contact lenses, almond milk and bananas from there

i was in there today and bought strawberries and i cant wait til they have rainier cherries by the boatload

greasy pizza entire pallets of toilet paper

one requires the other

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i have actually worked at the wireless phone kiosk inside a costco for the last 4 years so i refuse to eat any of the costco food court stuff anymore i've had it so much

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
anything i need and doesnt go bad basically

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also they sell usda choice/prime steak at prices that are affordable

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

Bargearse posted:

greasy pizza entire pallets of toilet paper

one requires the other

oh yeah - paper products, too. I forgot those in the op because the last purchase has lasted a long time.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Personally I'm a card carrying BJ's member.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

also if you dont want iphones the phone kiosk is a good place to get a new phone

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

b0red posted:

I'm not familiar.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Boner Medicine posted:

I'm not familiar.

It might be an East Coast thing. I wouldn't know. Basically a Sam's Club/Costco under a different name.

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
When I need a years supply of cornflakes I take the RV down there and get one of the helpers to load me up. I also get all my zip ties and duct tape while I'm there, and anything that technically isn't a foodstuff

naem
May 29, 2011

My mom just gives me half of her Costco haul, I haven't bought my own soap or dish detergent or paper towels, ever

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
my friend works at costco and i'm fairly jealous of him

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

b0red posted:

i have a credit card and get bjs

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

BASF posted:

When I need a years supply of cornflakes I take the RV down there and get one of the helpers to load me up. I also get all my zip ties and duct tape while I'm there, and anything that technically isn't a foodstuff

RV
Corn flakes
Zip ties
Duct tape

Hmmm

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i heard they are a decent company to work for...how much do they pay their entry lvl employees on average?

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Personally I take my ford F150 down and have them take palette upon palette of what I need and load it into the bed of my ford F150. Some days it takes multiple trips to get my yearly shopping list filled. Tis a shame the red baron palette is only 5x5.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Wayside Bazaar posted:

i heard they are a decent company to work for...how much do they pay their entry lvl employees on average?

I've heard 13/hr but can't verify

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

here in arizona they start the costco employees at 11/hr

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Idiot Kicker posted:

I've heard 13/hr but can't verify

eh unfortunately for the US these days that aint too bad for a cashier or cart collecting gig...especially if the wages are universal across the US it may actually enable u to live a basic life, contribute to making rent without worry of starvation, or dying penniless in the gutter because you happen to develop a medical condition.

maybe Costco doesn't even encourage their employees to sign up for welfare and food stamps either as a way to compensate for their lack of pay/benefits, with posters in the break room, while the employing corporation donates to politicians who will try their hardest to eliminate such benefits and shame the recipients (many of which are working 40+ hours a week). gda

:patriot:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 7, 2014

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I live in a town that only has a Sam's.

FTGE.

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
The only thing unpleasant about Costco are the sample demo people who constantly ask, even when no one is in front of them, if anyone would like to try a sample. It's creepy that they ask without making eye contact.

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
Dog food and boner pills

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

idk dude ive never been to costco, been to bjs tho

not sure where a costco even is around here

heard good things tho.

hth, op. welp cya.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

So i looked at the BJ's wikipedia. Apparently it is just a east coast thing and sometimes ohio. Weird. I thought it was universal like costco/sam's club

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Sucks they don't have Mexican Pepsi anymore. They had throwback Pepsi in glass bottles once, but it's not the same. Mexican Coke is nice but it goes bad quickly at the rate I drink it.

Boner Medicine posted:

The only thing unpleasant about Costco are the sample demo people who constantly ask, even when no one is in front of them, if anyone would like to try a sample. It's creepy that they ask without making eye contact.

At mine, they run out of samples before they can look up.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I applied there recently. I like making people food and I'd probably be pretty happy just cranking out rotisserie chickens all day. Worse ways to make a living.

naem
May 29, 2011

Welcome to Costco, I love you

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
I worked there for a little while but the culture rubbed me the wrong way.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Hub Dirt posted:

I worked there for a little while but the culture rubbed me the wrong way.

Uh oh, I applied there recently. What's wrong with the culture?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Boner Medicine posted:

What are your favorite items to purchase at Costco?

I like the fresh produce, coffee, and fresh chicken breasts. I get prescriptions filled there, too. One time I bought an external hard drive.

mortons tritip
holy poo poo is that marinade good

only thing i miss from sams is the maple bacon :smith:

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
hum, I actually consistently purchase frozen chicken at costco. its like my favorite place to do so

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Slaves

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

-- to Savings!

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

Accretionist posted:

Uh oh, I applied there recently. What's wrong with the culture?

Nothing bad, just a lot of "You best be glad for this great opportunity." All of the dudes who were hired on with me were dying to stay post season though.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
we buy a lot of stuff from costco. recently i've been baking their frozen chicken breasts for dinner pretty much every night.

also a nice little costco tip: the frozen yogurt from their food court owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Costco is a sham. You think you're getting all these deals and then when you check out its like four hundred dollars and you're all fuuuuuuuuck

• Locked thread