Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Leo Jansen - Survivalist Compound

In some distant corner of his brain, Leo felt bad for Amber and Ricky, this was after all likely their first time in a firefight. The majority of Leo didn't concern himself with things like that, however. Moving up against the wreckage of Ricky's truck for cover, Leo pivots out his assault rifle at the ready, moving with the smooth economy of motion that only comes from hundreds upon hundreds of hours of training and is polished on the battlefield. He casually switches the fire selector from safety to full auto, proceeds to line up his sight center mass on the huge man with a laser-like intensity, and pulls the trigger. In the course of a single second, his AK-101 sends 10 rounds, a third of the entire magazine, screaming across the camp at the large man.

It was time to see just how durable the creature was.

Leo's using the remnants of the truck as cover, then using an Autofire Medium Burst on the big guy, spending a WP on the shot. Deterity 3 + Firearms 3 + Rifle Specialty 1 + Autofire Medium 2 + Willpower 3 = 12 dice + 9 again thanks to Profession: Soldier. Oh and the Rifle is 4L the full stats are on my sheet.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
Amber Holloway - Survivalist Compound WP: 5/5 BP: 4/10

There were all those guys surrounding Leo and the truck, and then the big guy came out and suddenly Amber knew there was going to be trouble. "Get down!" she screamed at Ricky, and rather than waiting for him to do as she said, she pushed him aside. They rolled away as the grenade went off.

And just like that, all the guards around Leo were now burger. Delicious burger. No no no! Amber shakes her head. She doesn't have time for that! She needs to do something!

But... it saw her. Ripped through her invisibility cloak like it was nothing. poo poo poo poo poo poo, was is it?

Whatever it is, it's too much. Too strong, too brutal, too violent for her to handle. What's she going to do, punch it to death? That's Leo's job. Amber runs in the opposite direction, trying to find a place to shelter in case it has any more grenades up its sleeve.

Amber tries to find some cover away from the big guy.

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 2, 2014

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Outside the Compound

Leo and Ricky lay into the big man - who seems to be riddled with bullets and arrows with seemingly not much effect.

Amber hears his laugh as she flees into the woods. "That's all, corpses?! I expected better!" The man opens his mouth impossibly wide, and a hideous, avian shriek blasts forth, staggering Leo and Ricky with shock and pain. Amber hears it in the distance but is too far away to be affected.

What's worse, though, is that a pair of the corpses of the men torn apart by the grenade slowly rise to their feet and grin with broken smiles over their shoulder at the larger man.

"Orders, sir?" One of them gargles.

"Kill them, of course!" He responds.

both Leo and Ricky lose their actions this turn, so it's just Amber and then corpseforce.

A Cheap Motel

"What is she, a hooker?" The innkeeper snorts. "No one here by that name, sweetheart." The man shakes his head and returns to his phone. Candy Crunch or whatever it was the kids were playing this day.

Just then, a phone rings. It isn't a ringtone that Alicia recognizes, but it isn't the man's, and it seems to be coming from Alicia's purse.

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
Alicia Bedford Willpower 5/6 Vitae 9/10

The Ventrue's mouth forms a thin line. Unsurprising that she would not use her real name, but there is no excuse for that kind of behavior. The Beast stirs at her taking insult, but before she can act on her irritation her phone rings.

She pulls the cell out of her purse. "Excuse me." She says to the desk clerk, politeness dripping from her voice like sugary syrup. By the unusual ringtone, Alicia almost expects Rufus to answer when she opens it and says, "Bedford."

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Holy poo poo what the gently caress is that thing. It opened its mouth and- Amber couldn't hear it from where she was, but she saw Leo and Ricky stagger back from it. It's like a loving opera singer or something. And poo poo, if even Leo's huge gun isn't doing anything, then...

Amber squares her shoulders. gently caress gently caress gently caress. She heads back into the compound, intent on finding something that could help.

Amber's going to try and find any weapons lying around. Especially anything big that could help take down the big guy.

Edit: Oh yeah and if the guard tower is still operational, the Mekhet clan weakness -1 in bright light probably applies

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 3, 2014

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Compound

Amber darts inside the fence again - thankfully for her the creature and his friends were seemingly distracted for a moment and took no action against her. However, the bright light of the guard tower makes the Mekhet wince - and besides, she didn't know how a military compound was supposed to be laid out - let alone how this particular one was, so she really flying blind.

She opens a door, mostly at random, and is met with the smell of dried blood, vomit, and other fluids best left unimagined. A man was chained to a pillar in the center of the room, breathing, but only in a shallow fashion.

Outside, the two corpse-soldiers lurched forward, combat knives at the ready. Even staggered, Ricky is able to stumble out of the way of the monster's clumsy swing, but Leo wasn't so lucky - happily for him his rudimentary body armor was able to shrug off the force of the blow, leaving the Daeva unharmed.

The not-Jim Hoolihan corpse sneers and stalks off back into the compound, apparently not as unaware of Amber as the Mekhet had thought.

Fresh round, everyone gets a go. Leo and Ricky have corpse-soldiers in their faces. Same deal as last time - post your actions and I'll weave them into the narrative.

A Cheap Motel

The phone that Alicia plucked out of her purse was not her's, at second glance. At least, she was pretty sure she didn't have a bright pink flip phone with "Hello Kitty" stickers...no wait, Hello Kitty w/fangs stickers on the casing.

She answers it anyway. A feminine voice answers, mirthful and slightly tinted by an accent the Ventrue cannot place. "Bedford, is it? Well - Bedford, you couldn't have expected me to use my real name signing into a place like this, could you? I enjoy my privacy - though by your sniffing around, it seems someone spilled the beans, or you're much better than my first impressions would indicate. I find that doubtful though. But, since you're here - you want to play a game, kitty?"

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010

Alicia smiles into the phone as she walks away from the clerk, rolling her eyes. Ricky and the others are out doing God only knows what and she has vital research to attend to, and this woman wants to string her along. Still, she answers, her tone cheerful but businesslike, "Perhaps someone spilled precisely because I am better than you believed, Ms. Marasca."

"I like to get to know everyone in my neighborhood. What did you have in mind, madam?"

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

drat, what the gently caress was that creature! Not only was he fighting a loving zombie, but that scream. There would be time to worry more about specifics when he was done, Leo didn't like that the boss had broken off. There was nothing good that could come from it going into the camp.

"Now is not the time for half-measures, the big one is heading for the camp, we need to finish off its minions now!" he yells into his mic. Then he lets the Vitae flow within him, and he is suddenly no longer where he was standing before leaving the closer of the zombies slashing at empty air. Ten feet away, he pulls the trigger and sends another barrage of bullets flying out, this time he aims to decapitate his foe.

Spending 1 Vitae to activate Celerity to move out of melee with the zombie attacking Leo. Then firing a short Autofire Burst and spending 1wp on a targeted head shot on it. Dexterity 3 + Firearms 3 + Specialty: Rifles 1 + Short Autofire 1 - Target: Head 3 + Willpower 3 = 8 dice, 9 again.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Ricky Fry - The Compound 7BP 6WP

Ricky was surprised at how well he handled the explosion, it was shocking and his ears rang a little bit, but he was fine. When the giant roared, though.... By the time the gangrel had regained his senses a dead man was trying to stab him.

"FANG! PROTECT!"

The dog should be on his way, but that wouldn't help Ricky right now. Dropping his bow, Ricky snarls, not letting his Beast to the surface, but ordering it to attack. He lunges forward, grabbing at the dead soldier.

Trying to Ride the Wave, Resolve 4 + Composure 4 for an 8 die pool. Fighting style allows me to use the point of willpower I spent to actually add +3 to my actions. Grappling with this guy with Str2 + Brawl2 +3WP

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

"The big one is heading for the camp." Oh poo poo oh poo poo. Why is it coming back? Is it after... Amber quickly cloaks herself in vampiric invisibility, not that it did any good last time.

Amber looks at the man in front of her again and wrinkles her nose. Oh ew. "Uh, there's a big dude here chained up and sitting in... gross. He's not looking so good. Is this Big Jeff? Is everyone in this loving compound a giant?" Which gives Amber an idea. "If he isn't, can I eat him?"

They're probably not going to let her eat him, disappointingly, so she leaves by the door she entered by. She closes the door and tries to memorize the location, then heads further into the compound. She's hoping to put a bit more distance between her and the Thing and still trying to find something to use against it. She looks behind her. Whew, not there yet. How the gently caress does she have any chance against that thing?

Obfuscate 1 again to try and hide from any potentially hostile survivalists. Amber's still looking for something to help her or the others fight the Big Dude

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kompound Kombat

Leo dives out of the way of the eviscerated soldier and squeezes the trigger on his rifle, aiming for his head. The soldier, to his credit, is able to lurch partially to the side, turning what would have been a lethal hail of gunfire into a glancing blow.

Ricky, meanwhile, lashes his Beast and uses it's rage to go effort, tackling his corpse soldier enemy to the ground and holding him fast there. The creature roars and thrashes in frustration, but is unable to escape or reverse Ricky's grip.

Having ignored the worst part of Leo's headshot, the monster lurches forward again, charging in at the Daeva with a sadistic grin on hiss face. "Come on cousin! Bleed for me!" He snarls, but his swing is clumsy and Leo is easily able to sidestep it.

Amber attempts to cloak herself in preternatural darkness again, but as he rounds the corner, the creature-Commander sneers directly at her. "Little corpse, little corpse..." He shakes his head. "...I can see you!" He takes a step forward, but pauses, hearing the squeal of tires in the distance.

Amber can see headlights and hear the revving of an engine. "Who's this, then?" The monster grunts and blasts through the fence with a hail of bullets.

Outside a Cheap Motel

Alicia steps outside to continue her conversation. She can hear Marasca laugh before she responds. "Simple kitty, find me. I'm in room 4, should be easy enough then, yes?"

Alicia blinked, she was sure there was only something like six rooms when she got here. But the motel seemed to stretch on and on towards eternity, millions of featureless, though incredibly varied doors, one wooden and covered in ivy, another made of stout stone, one a portcullis, one seemingly dozens of feet tall, another only apparently six inches.

"Wonder what you'll find in the other rooms, though."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 3, 2014

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010

Ah.

Alicia turns, slowly, looking around at the fantastical layout. Fascinating. She muses. Is this all in my mind? Am I standing motionless outside this place while I roam through this illusion? And... She thinks, her expression darkening, ...what is the effect on time?

"I'll be seeing you shortly, madam." Alicia replies, and hangs up, scrutinizing the pink phone and frowning thoughtfully.

---

Let's have an Occult roll (Intelligence + Occult + Vampiric Lore = 7 dice) to see what Alicia knows about Chimerstry, and anything that might help here.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Leo let his rifle drop, the shoulder strap holding it close to body as he pulls out his bowie knife from its sheath at his side. "You first!" He retorts as he lashes out with his own knife.

Switching to Leo's knife, then attacking. Strength 3 + Vigour 1 + Weaponry 2 = 6 dice. Bowie Knife is 2L.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ricky Fry - The Compound 7BP 5WP

Ricky's fingers clench the monster pulling it close as his Beast claws to the surface. Barring his fangs, Ricky wordlessly drives his head down, tearing at the dead man's throat.

Another WP spent to ride the wave for 8 dice. Using the bite to damage if I win the grapple with a pool of 7 dice again. If Ricky successfully frenzies, he gains +1 to his grapple pool and his bite is +1 lethal

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Amber sees yellow headlights in the darkness. What the- She'd heard Ricky say that there was nothing on this road. For a community of shut-ins, they seem to be getting a lot of visitors tonight. By the reaction of that monster, it seems like he wasn't expecting this either. Amber takes a quick look at the source of the engine noise. As the monster opens fire on the fence she takes advantage of its distraction and again flees, deeper into the compound.

Amber's just going to keep running

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Compound

Ricky feels the familiar weight of taking the reigns of his awakened Beast, his frenzy directed by his higher self with only the slightest effort. The corpse soldier underneath him is unable to deal with his renewed ferocity, and can only laugh a desperate, gurgling laugh as Ricky tears into his throat.

Leo, meanwhile, drops his rifle and pulls out his knife in a reverse grip, taking a wild swing at the corpsething engaging him. The swing is sloppy, but the monster before him is sloppier and takes a slash across the chest - though it doesn't seem to slow it down very much.

In response, the creature lunges forward at the Daeva and delivers a punishing puncture wound to his stomach. On a mortal, it would have been bad news. Luckily for Leo, for him it is only an inconvenience.

The corpse soldier Ricky was tearing into twitched uselessly underneath the frenzying Gangrel, unable to dislodge his foe.

Across the compound, Amber skitters off as the headlights in the distance come under fire. The revving of engines and the squeal of tires alerts the Mekhet to the oncoming of the vehicle, and the crashing through the chain-link fence certainly alerted her to what exactly happened, followed by a wet, bone crunching thud and the cessation of bullets, as she watched over her shoulder - the car crashing into the big monster - who didn't seem to bother to get out of the way.

Enraged, he leaps to his feet and then leaps on top of the car, smashing his rife-butt into the windshield and cackling madly. "Another tasty corpse wrapped in a metal shell! I'll eat your heart!"

Ricky is massively successful and deals significant damage to his corpse monster, Leo a bit less so but still hurts his. Leo does take 2L from his counter-strike, though.

Down the Rabbit Hole...

Like all of the proprietary Disciplines of the Clans, what Alicia knew about Chimerstry was a mixture of fact, myth, and supposition. However, book learning had it's benefits, and she recalled her sire giving her at least a basic rundown of how it worked:

"The Ravnos' Discipline is more than illusions, Alicia - it's trickery, deceit, and misdirection. Nothing is true, but everything is - the big fanciful illusions are smokescreens - what you have to worry about is the mundane parts of it. My best advice, don't bother with the Deceivers. If you have to, either know enough of Praestantia to break through the lies first, or hire a Mekhet to help you out if all else fails."

The second half of the advice being rather useless at the moment, Alicia concentrated on the former - the overwrought fantastical landscape she was presented with was a distraction - what was Marasca really up to?

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Leo grunts, more from habit than anything else when he's hit. He lets some blood flow and the wound partially closes, he could heal it entirely, but Leo is struck with the feeling he'd be wise to be sparing with his Vitae. There was still the main zombie to deal with, and if Big Jim was still alive, then he would need more help than Leo's very limited field medic skills could provide, at least if the main zombie was being truthful about cutting pieces off of the man they had come here to rescue.

So, Leo focused on the struggle at hand, launching into another attack, hoping that this zombie's luck would run out.

Spending 1 Vitae to heal 1L. Then attacking again, still 6 dice + 2L on a hit.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ricky Fry - The Compound 6BP 5WP

With a wet howl, the Beast tears into his prey. Ricky's conscious mind seemed to hover above his body, watching the Beast carefully. He wasn't concerned about what it was doing with his body, after all, the Beast wasn't really him, it just lived in him. Letting it have this sort of release kept it pliable for when he needed total control. He noticed that Leo wasn't faring as well and so prodded the Beast to finish off the monster quickly. Vitae infused the gangrel's muscles as the Beast burrowed its bloodstained face deeper into the creature's wounded neck.

Str3+brawl2, spending a BP for +2 to str, 7 dice at +1L

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

"Tasty corpse"?! Amber's eyes widen. No no no no! Like HELL she is going to face her final death in the stomach of that thing. She keeps running, keeping an eye out for anything that can take that thing down. Something stronger than a loving car.

"Corpse in a metal shell"? Is the driver another vampire? What are they doing here? Amber shakes her head. It doesn't matter. My enemy's enemy is my friend. Is that from the Bible? It doesn't matter. She keeps running.

Amber is still running away while looking for something like more grenades or a rocket launcher or SOMETHING

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Compound

Leo and the corpse soldier circle each other with murderous intent, but neither is either to do more than keep the other off-balance; neither able to find purchase with their blades.

"Just need some music for this waltz, hey cousin?" The monster grins, a lopsided expression given half of it's jaw was blown off from the grenade.

Ricky tears into his grappled foe with his fangs once again, the monster wails in anguish but refuses to die. Despite it's efforts, however, it cannot extricate itself from the Gangrel's grasp.

Amber takes off running, and all she can hear is gunfire and shattering glass. Frantically, she opens another door, finally coming upon what looks to be an armory.

Alarms blare automatically at this, but it didn't rightly matter, as the sound of boots running down the hill and the shouts of men fills her ears. More mercenaries, finally drawn by the sounds of combat - but whose side would they end up on?

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Leo is unphased by the creature's taunts. What did it think this was some high school brawl? He wasn't going to be distracted by some pat banter. While it tried to mouth off again he takes the opportunity to lunge into another strike with grim silence.

Attacking again, still 6 dice + 2L on a hit.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ricky Fry - The Compound 5BP 5WP

Dispassionatly, Ricky watches as the already dead soldier refuses to die even as his Beast rips and tears at the man's flesh. Leo wasn't doing so great and now there were alarms. Briefly, Ricky weighed his options. So far he was in no danger and Leo was right there, needing help. He had to let the Beast finish this monster and help the other vampire.

Once more, vitae gave him a surge of power, but as the Beast sank its fangs into the soldiers flesh once again, Ricky commanded it to feed.

Str3+brawl2, spending a BP for +2 to str, 7 dice at +1L, also going to try and take some blood from this one.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 7, 2014

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

"The alarms are me!" Maybe not the most reassuring message Amber could send, but it's all that comes to mind when faced with what's in front of her. Racks and racks of... what the gently caress is this crap anyway? "Uh, Leo, I've found the... weapon shop. Lemme know what to get, otherwise I'm grabbing the biggest thing in this place and getting the gently caress out." Amber looks through the myriad of hardware scattering the room, trying to find anything she can grab that would be suitable. The firearms she's used to seeing are small, cheap and portable, made for anonymous deaths in city streets. These look like they're made to fight a war. Which is exactly what Amber needs.

Amber's going to try and find the biggest loaded thing she can, grab as many as she can, then run back to where Leo and Ricky are.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

"Busy!" Leo subvocalizes back, this was not a moment when he could afford distraction. However, realizing that for all he knew Amber would bring back a particularly large cleaning kit, he adds, "Explosives, an RPG looks like a long metal tube with a handle, there are also smaller sticks with a cone attached to one side, those are the ammunition, the tube will be useless without them, check to see if they lock into the end, it should be obvious."

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Tubes with cone sticks. Tubes with cone sticks. She can do this. She just needs to keep looking. And not blow herself up.

Same plan as before: roll to find tubes with cone sticks, grab as many as possible then run out and hand it over to Leo

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Compound Gates

Ricky tears into the throat of the dead soldier savagely. Despite the monster's valiant efforts to shrug off the Gangrel, Ricky gets his due, and the blood of thing - a waxy, foul tasting substance, goes down the Beast's gullet easily enough. The corpse-solider stops struggling underneath him, subdued, or perhaps, dead again.

Meanwhile, the corpse-thing lunges at Leo with abandon. Whatever remained of the man before he became this thing, it lacked self-preservation - this was something the Daeva could exploit. He sidestepped neatly and stuck his knife in it's gullet, rewarded with an aggravated hiss from it's mouth.

"That all then?" It growls, jumping backwards despite it's taunts.

Inside the Compound

Amber desperately casts her eyes back and forth for something large and explosive looking. Not really having any education besides bad action movies, she hopes she even has the option of getting something appropriate - and grabs a couple large things that looked like they might be dangerous. Hard to lug around, though, she can't carry more than two without blowing her cover, such as it was.

As she takes off back outside, she invariably has to cross back across the battlefield where the leader of the corpse things and his unknown assailant were fighting a moment ago. Or, she could take the other door and see what happens...

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Even as distanced from his body's actions as his higher self was, Ricky almost gagged at the taste of the things blood as the precious fluid, along with small chunks of flesh, disappeared down his throat. Bloody faced and feral eyed, the Beast throws back Ricky's head in a wet howl before rushing towards Leo and other deadman. Now that he knew the blood that had yet to congeal in these things could fuel him, the Beast went in for the kill.

Right before Ricky's body slams into the soldier, he forces the Beast to look at Leo and growl, "Amber!"

Str3+brawl2, spending a BP for +2 to str, 7 dice at +1L and frenzy allows to me damage with the initial grapple attempt and take blood.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

As Ricky tackles the remaining zombie, Leo makes a break for it, sprinting in the direction the big man had gone. As he runs he sheathes his knife, and gets ready to switch back to his rifle.

Leo's gonna make a break for it and head after the big guy. Depending on how many rounds it takes he'll Round 1 - Sheath his Knife, Round 2 - Pull out his Rifle, Round 3 - Swap the rifle's magazine There should still be 17 shells left in his current one, but better to get up to 31 now rather than run out when he's in combat.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Amber puts one tube under each arm. She's thankful for Obfuscate, because man she looks pretty stupid right now. Not that Big and Ugly will care. She hopes she has the right metal tube things. She looks at the unknown door for a second, wondering what could be there, but stops herself. She needs to get these to Leo. Hopefully the Thing is still busy with the newcomer in the car...

Amber's ignoring the new door for now, going back out the way she came

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Outside the Compound

Ricky's frenzied charge at the remaining corpse soldier catches it off-guard as it danced around Leo, and it is tackled the ground roughly and pinned. Ricky can't quite get a good enough grip to sink his teeth in yet, but neither can the monster shake him loose.

Leo takes off, given the opening, sheathes his knife, reaching for his gun as he did so.

Inside the Compound

As Amber slips back outside, she catches sight of the carnage before her - and it is surprisingly subdued. The big monster, still on the hood of the vehicle, seems to be stuck in place. After a moment, she can see that he seems to be struggling with something - something attached to his lower leg, tugging as if it was trying to knock him off his feet.

She realizes, with the help of Auspex, that it seems to be a tongue, after a fashion.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ricky Fry - The Compound 4BP 5WP

Risking the Beast having too much control, Ricky wills more strength into his body as his fangs sink into empty air. He would have to allow the Beast to drain this soldier dry and let the frenzy end afterwards unless the living soldiers arrived. If that happened, he'd see how brave they were and hopefully scare most of them off. That bridge would be crossed later, for now, Ricky calmly watched as his Beast gnashed at it's helpless foe.

Idly, he wondered were Fang was.

Str3+brawl2, spending a BP for +2 to str, 7 dice at +1L and frenzy allows to me damage with the initial grapple attempt and take blood.

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010

Ah, Abramo. Alicia thinks, her face wrinkling, a by now familiar series of conflicting feelings crossing the surface of her mind. So romantic, so righteous. So charming. So full of clever facts, and so few of them of any use.

Still, at times, something useful arises from their correspondence.

This is not so much an illusion as it is a con. So what is the trick, exactly?

And what happens if I choose wrong?

She begins to walk the limitless halls, looking around at the impossible architecture, searching for interesting features that aren't doors.

---

Gonna start exploring. If nothing catches Alicia's eye after a while, she'll try the stone door.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Since Amber had undergone her Embrace, she'd seen many strange things. But this. Jesus Christ what the gently caress is this? She hasn't heard of any vampires that can grow long vampire tongues. Unless Leo has been hiding something... She keeps running to the front of the compound, to where she left Ricky and Leo.

Going to ignore the big giant creepy dude for now, going to concentrate on finding Leo

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Outside the Compound

Ricky's second lunge is more successful, and he bites into the throat of the monster with a savage hunger. The corpse-soldier is still squirming, a testament to the impressive endurance of whatever was animating it, but it cannot get free.

Enjoy your blood

Inside the Compound

Amber tears her eyes away from the bizarre scene in front of her in time to spy Leo careening around the corner. But the bursting open of another door nearby and the pouring out of additional soldiers keeps the two of them separate, at least for the moment.

The guns being trained on Leo would probably make that take a couple more moments. Fueled by adrenaline - and by the fact that the Daeva hadn't tried to impress them yet, they didn't seem swayed by his preternatural charm just now.

"Drop the weapon! NOW!" One of them demands.

Somewhere Else...

Alicia takes a few steps forward and notices that the landscape seems to continue to stretch out in response, off into the horizon, and behind her as well, making the landscape a bizarre twisting labyrinth with no real beginning or ending. Still, walking in one direction was good, so she kept her eyes peeled.

After a moment or two, a white cat pattered past her quickly down an alleyway she didn't notice before, in between two motel buildings. It mewed quietly as it passed, in a way that would indicate the cat was in the middle of hunting something.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Gangrel were tough. His sire drummed that fact into Ricky's head before she left. Standing tall, taking hits that would make other vampires crumple into quivering heaps, fearing for their unlives, these were what gangrel were known for and what Ricky had to hold to. Watching his Beast tear into the struggling soldier and the thing just. Not. Die.... He was impressed.

Ricky let the Beast drink without any further orders.

Str3+brawl2,5 dice at +1L

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Leo let his AK drop to his side, and then slowly and calmly pointed at the big man still stuck to the car, calling on all the authority his years as an officer could muster, and the not inconsiderable advantage his Majesty afforded him as he did his best command voice, "I'm not the one you should be pointing your guns at soldier, that man over there has gone mad. I saw him toss a frag grenade into the middle of the gate guards without even a word of warning. He killed your comrades without mercy, are you just gonna let him get away with it? Betraying his own subordinates and mowing them down without a word? I had heard there were real soldiers, real men, not the kind of men to let a man get away with the intentional murder of a comrade. Did I hear wrong?"

Leo's trying to turn the soldiers against the big guy, or at least get then to get their guns out of his face.

Presence 3 + Persuasion 3 + Specialty 1 + Majesty 2 = 9 dice with 9 again.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 9, 2014

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Dammit we don't have time for this poo poo! He's RIGHT THERE! But of course, they go and threaten the wrong guy. loving paranoid nuts. Amber paces impatiently, still carrying her cargo. "This better work..." she thinks, as Leo begins to address the survivalists.

Amber's waiting till Leo gets control over the survivalists, then will go over and pass him one of whatever she's carrying.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Outside the Compound

Ricky's Beast drinks deeply and the monster underneath him keeps struggling, but the Gangrel can tell that the struggles are growing weaker and weaker. It would be a simple matter to tear out the monster's throat, but the Beast was hungry...and acclimating to the potent taste of this thing's Vitae. It occurred to Ricky (maybe to his Beast - the lines blurred) that exsanguination would be an efficient method of disposing this one - and maybe something more could be done beyond that...

Inside the Compound

The soldiers seem to hesitate a moment, then a voice rings out from behind the circle of them. "He's lying, men! He and his friends attacked the gates! The same people who attacked Big Jim and left him for dead!" The leader of the corpse monsters stood on the other side of Leo and the soldiers, and the soldiers paused. Maybe waiting for orders from their leader, maybe considering what Leo had to say.

Amber turned back around to witness this, and saw a trail of blood leading from the car to where the monster stood, sneering. The car itself looked empty now - whoever was in there wasn't any longer...

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010

A smile pulls at the corners of Alicia's mouth as the cat scampers past. She makes haste to follow it, looking down the well-hidden alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ricky tried beer for the first time at 16. It was a Guinness and he could still remember how dark the drink was through the glass, the thick head of tan foam and the smell, the wonderful smell. But when he drank it, young Ricky almost spit it back out. So bitter, he had no idea how people could actually drink that! It kept him away from beer, and alcohol in general, until his early 20's. Eventually, he learned to, first, tolerate the taste of alcohol in order to get drunk until the day came and a switch flipped. He enjoyed the taste as much as the effects.

Something similar was happening now. The bitter, almost acrid, blood was filling him. The Beast was sating itself but there was something else. Something that felt good. There was power here and power was something that Ricky had begun to realize that he was lacking in this new life. That had never been a concern as a mortal, he just kept his head down and trudged through his day, but now he had gotten a little taste of what power was. No mortal could stand up to him, this compound and these idiots with their guns, if it hadn't been for the giant copsemonster, Ricky could stompped this entire compound flat himself.

These things had power. He wanted that power. Needed that power. His mind tried to rationalize the urge, becoming stronger would help Alicia, his closest friend, solidify her control of campus. It would help him protect Amber and help her grow into the woman Ricky could see her becoming. More power would help keep Leo in check if his goals ended up conflicting with Alicia's. But deep down, Ricky knew that was a lie.

Leo was a challenge to his power. Ricky was alpha in this pack, not some puffed up daeva with delusions of vikinghood and conquest. Amber was too crafty to be molded into a useful tool unless Ricky had the power to cut off the rough edges and break off the bits that didn't fit into the mold. Alicia's resources would become his resources once he had control over her, friendship be damned.

For the first time in a long time, Ricky let himself feel what the Beast was feeling.

He liked it and drank deep.

Str3+brawl2,5 dice at +1L. And gently caress it, let's play up that Envy vice

• Locked thread