Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Your snap was awesome. Well done! :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Holdbrooks posted:

I will be doing a twin 6262 ls in mine. It will be the higest hp exocet and ranks 3rd or so on the spread sheet of power to weight that exomotive has put together. Only topped by a couple of race cars in qualifying trim.

Wait, are you serious? Ahahaha.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
You guys should know by now that I don mess around when it comes to my AI, I go all in all the time. But righ now I smell like old gas, recycled beer cans, broken miata lovers dreams. I will update the thread for the weekends progress for those not on the snapchat after I take a long rear end shower and chill for a bit.

Holdbrooks fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 12, 2014

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Holdbrooks posted:

I will be doing a twin 6262 ls in mine. It will be the higest hp exocet and ranks 3rd or so on the spread sheet of power to weight that exomotive has put together. Only topped by a couple of race cars in qualifying trim.

The LSA one that Flyin Miata is putting together already looks like the most poo poo-terrifying car that you can imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqbWDPua7a4

I guess I can forgive you smashing up a rust-free shell if making something faster than this is what results.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The LSA one that Flyin Miata is putting together already looks like the most poo poo-terrifying car that you can imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqbWDPua7a4

I guess I can forgive you smashing up a rust-free shell if making something faster than this is what results.

Yeah, I will be doing more than double that. It will make over 1000hp at the wheels is the goal, and I have enough turbo for for 1200-1400 wheel. But I'm not sure I will get much past 1k with the 80lb/hr injectors even at the high base file pressure of the LS motors. I have been looking into buying a built long block 427ci Orange block LSX motor with the six bolt per cylinder head to cope wit the big boost I will be pushing.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jesus gently caress. I need to come touch this thing when it's done.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Holdbrooks posted:

Yeah, I will be doing more than double that. It will make over 1000hp at the wheels is the goal, and I have enough turbo for for 1200-1400 wheel. But I'm not sure I will get much past 1k with the 80lb/hr injectors even at the high base file pressure of the LS motors. I have been looking into buying a built long block 427ci Orange block LSX motor with the six bolt per cylinder head to cope wit the big boost I will be pushing.

... You are an absolute madman. I think I may have to make a roadtrip when you take the little monster out to the track, because oh my god the photos I could get of the inevitable smokeshow would be glorious :allears:

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
What you are building is less a car and more a demon-posessed machine created to destroy tires at a heretofore unheard of rate. Also, it will occasionally murder people. Not kill them in a crash, but straight up murder people for fuel.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Holdbrooks posted:

If you're looking for people to put in your will I feel like we've really bonded over the last few weeks and will happily treat the STI to the manner in which it has become accustomed.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
If thats the case I get the cat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just want the exhaust from the truck to mount above my TV.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Holdbrooks posted:

All hail Holdbrooks, king of AI.

:worship::worship::worship:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Jesus. What size tire do you plan to run? I'm always amazed that people do V8 swaps into miatas with 225 width tires and they get any traction at all. I had 195s on my turbo miata and that was nowhere near enough.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I may hate you, just a bit. Ok, I lied. I hate you a lot. :heart:
In reality, I know I would do the same thing if I weren't married with a child. :D

the spyder fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 12, 2014

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I really want to put the rpf1's from the Subaru on there. They are 17x10 and have 255 rs-3's on them. But need to figure out how to do a nice 5 lug conversion. Maybe I'll make some new centers for the 15x18 truck wheels that I still have and pro street it all around lol.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Uigg I have been trying to write a post all day and never get it finished before my phone reload and erases it all.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Ok lets try this again.

I didn't do any actual work on the exocet with the trips to the vet for the sick kitty, but finished stripping the miata donor and hauled it off. My brother helped me finish clearing out the interior bits and my dad took the cop car to borrow a trailer from his friend while we took the last pieces off. the only thing left attached to the body is the windshield, it cracked when I tried to remove it.

All stripped and ready to load in the trailer. (note the nice quarters)

We were doing pretty good lifting it up there with just the three of us but got it wedged between the trailer rails. As luck would have it a truck of landscapers drove by looking and stopped. We turned around to 5 guys asking if we needed help. It was a piece of cake with the extra help and we got it ready to go.

This is the type of think I bought a truck for, which is starting production today!

This is where I broke the hears of the miata loving AI snapchatters. We took turns with my 20lb sledge hammer and wailed on the back of the car. Because why not, and who doesn't like smashing hings?

So off to the metal recyclers and like a responsible person I had my license, title, plate and current registration for the miata with me. However I forgot that AZ requires the title notarized for transfers, and it seemed that nobody was able to do this at the scrap yards. The other kicker is that I need to show proof of ownership of all the parts that went in to building the exocet when I go to get it inspected and registered, and was told that I should have the title for the donor. Due to our locale being close to the border and such, the cops are pretty strict with these scrappers and check every other day for stolen cars and such that people might want to crush and get rid of. So after going to like 6 places in the area and not being able to get rid of it I started calling around finally found a place that would take it without notarizing the title or making me go to the DMV and get a dismantled title for it to give to them first.

At it's final resting place.

At this point it was getting dark and the trailer had no working lights since it had a big round plug and the crown vic was wired up with the flat 4 pin harness. So it was time to rush back and drop the trailer off before I needed headlights and got the trailer rear ended or a ticket.

I made it back ok, and $37.50 richer. And to top it off when pulling out from the dirt road I decided to floor it and do a nice slide for my brother which turned into a 1-3 gear rolling burnout for over a quarter mile. It was pretty bad rear end and I didn't know the cop car could do that. it left a hell of a cloud behind us and the rest of the trip smelled like tire smoke. :getin:

And now a moment of silence for the car I destroyed, I am a Monster...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It was for the greater good, no regrets.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Look how much extra space I have now that the miata is gone.

Now I just need to sell off all the leftover miat parts to free up the lift.

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug
How do you like the speed triple? Trying to decide between it and the street triple.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Seik posted:

How do you like the speed triple? Trying to decide between it and the street triple.
I love it, I had a speed four previously and really like the torque of the big triple. The streets are cool to but I'm way to big for one.

in other news, Im off for two whole days starting now and I will try to get something done.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo the snaps of your car :jebstare:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Geirskogul posted:

Holy poo poo the snaps of your car :jebstare:

Hehe the light launch snap in the STi was probably the only thing sketchier than the one handed motorcycle snap from a couple of weeks ago.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
How did I not know this was AZ madness? I am bad at AI. :(

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
It works jerks. Now I need to make the brake lines and it's ready for a test drive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=B51zllsLWzs

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
The snaps are cool as gently caress. Can't wait to see it ripping around man

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
It is super ghetto right now so I'm thinking I will will finish slapping it together to dick around in the neighborhood and then tearing it back down to put the v8 in and make it nice in January when I can have some real time off to get into it.

Front break lines are done, but I still need to do the rear. Then bleed the the lines and clutch and it will be time to piss off the neighbors with a open header 1.6L :getin:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
It works! Drove it around all afternoon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=FkUZLMAI890

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm surprised you were willing to take it out in public considering it's not orange yet.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Powershift posted:

I'm surprised you were willing to take it out in public considering it's not orange yet.

Haha that was the least of my worries. No lights, no registration, no belts, no bolts for the seat, ratchet strap fror the battery, zip tied everything.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

oh gently caress, are all those things mandatory :ohdear:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Holdbrooks posted:

Haha that was the least of my worries. No lights, no registration, no belts, no bolts for the seat, ratchet strap fror the battery, zip tied everything.

:hellyeah: That looks like a great time. Shame about the whole:

Powershift posted:

oh gently caress, are all those things mandatory :ohdear:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Are you going to do anything to the B6 while you wait for the LS?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Is that the speedo cable flapping in the breeze there?

What a neat car.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
that is the throttle cable, I forgot to tie it down.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
It!s here!!! I went and gave it a quick once over before work, it had just came off the truck and need to be cleaned up still.

The paint guy will drop by today to give me a quote on painting the bumpers, headlight filler panels, and grill to get rid of the chrome.

Holdbrooks fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 16, 2014

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That is the perfect amount of orange for a truck to be. Congratulations on your new baby.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Fucker needs a big wing.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Wow. I LOVE that Ram lets you choose so many colors! There are 30 options on their Price and Build website. It's like the 60's all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

cursedshitbox posted:

Fucker needs a big wing.

This. Thread title says big wings on orange things, I see no wing :colbert:

• Locked thread