Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
your a member of zz top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
around here its more like xxy top

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
gas

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Im a detective in the Noir dimensions.

The hat gives extra 20% resistance to Dames. Dames get you killed.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Grody posted:

your a member of zz top

ha ha! your not Indiana Jones and you where a fedora

Wootiebabeh
Dec 21, 2009

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

s1ckly dW33b posted:

this. but unironically. What ever the hell that means.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
it's also ok you're old or dark skinned imo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gazpacho posted:

it's also ok you're old or dark skinned imo

sure its ok if it looks good.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
What about a duster? When can I wear that?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

VideoTapir posted:

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

sure its ok if it looks good.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

VideoTapir posted:

Depends are you fat?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

it probably doesn't.
Sorry.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mookface posted:

Depends are you fat?

the real question is "Are you an 18th century outlaw?"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Hate those guys. Sneak over from the cowboy dimension and act like they own the place.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I can make a fedora work because I'm an 80 year old blues musician.

Boom boom boom boom
A-haw haw haw haw
Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Yes, I am an Out-law from 1705. You can scarcely imagine what Travails I have Endur'd to reach thy Time.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
your gay?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Tao Jones posted:

Yes, I am an Out-law from 1705. You can scarcely imagine what Travails I have Endur'd to reach thy Time.

you still look bad in a fedora or a duster. No offence. It only works in holywood, where they have people to make it for them. Even then it only kinda works.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

you still look bad in a fedora or a duster. No offence. It only works in holywood, where they have people to make it for them. Even then it only kinda works.

I was skulking over at Alpha Game today, after getting my invaluable post on marriage 3.0 up, when I read this:

"If someone is looking to apply Game to his life, what would you identify as the most important change/action to take to get started?"

As usual, there were a lot of great Manosphere responses, mostly reiterating the absolute importance of fitness. I'm not going to contradict that, as there is too much truth to it, but I ended up posting the following response, and I think it's a darn good one. There are a lot of Betas out there, hovering on the edge of the Manosphere, eager to take their first step into a bigger, more challenging and more masculine world. But they don't know how to commit to it meaningfully -- not to their wives, but to themselves. It's all too easy to give up, whack off, and play WoW for the rest of the night. Let's face it: personal transformation is hard.

But there are ways to assist it along. One dramatic and often under-utilized way is by altering your visual appearance appreciably. If you're truly committed to the Red Pill path, and you're trying to activate a visual component, then the next best thing to growing/shaving a beard for a dude is this:

Buy a hat.

Not just any hat. Buy a black fedora, in your size, as good as you can afford. Why, you ask?

I'm so glad you asked.

When it comes to Game, merely working out and learning the intricacies of feminine psychology isn't enough. To truly master Game, you have to come to terms with your own masculinity in a culture that has, for two generations, punished everything about masculinity. 9 times out of 10 a dude who's investigating the Red Pill Road for the first time has been so battered and bruised by this environment that even working out and learning when his woman menstruates isn't enough to do the trick.

When it comes to personal transformation, sometimes an exterior symbol can be extremely potent in the process. Women understand this implicitly, and can successfully use the acquisition of a pair of shoes as a game-changer in their psychologies. The same holds true for men, but we rarely remember it. But it's just as true for us. Consider a military uniform, and how it transforms the behavior and psychology of those who wear it.

Same principal with a black fedora. First of all, they look good on anyone: it's a classic look from one of the last historical periods where unbridled masculinity wasn't merely tolerated, it was admired. Bogey wore a fedora. Indy wore a fedora. Until Kennedy took the Oath of Office bareheaded, it was considered a masculine tradition to wear a hat outdoors, and in its day there was nothing more macho than a fedora.

A fedora makes you look taller, and makes your shoulders look wider. It can hide your expression in a difficult situation. It makes you seem automatically more dangerous and threatening which will affect how others react to you when you wear it. A fedora can be worn in almost any formal occasion and most business occasions. The well-made straw model can be worn in summer or in warmer climes without cooking your head.

But most importantly, a fedora gives you a tangible symbol of your journey you can literally put on and take off. When you're wearing the hat you are reminding yourself that you took the Red Pill, and any special treatment to women in your life is due entirely to either duty or your personal grace, not blanket obligation. It reminds you that you have the potential to be a Bad rear end, and to others you might actually seem frightening.

But most importantly it's a radical departure from the norm, and that's the kind of thing you can use to hang your metaphorical Red Pill hat on. A symbol you can wear that reminds you of your own personal aspirations is a magical helmet of macho. It's helpful in peacocking, if you're on the prowl, and it keeps the rain and the sun off you. Black is a power color, one that people notice and stay aware of. A fedora evokes a specific era and manner of behavior, the 1920s-1950s era, wherein men were made of iron and had guts of steel, whether they were facing G-Men, Gangsters, Nazis, or dockside thugs trying to take over the union. It was the non-military headgear of choice until Sean Connery made the dorky-looking Hornburg popular in Dr. No. But consider buying a black fedora, because it makes you more imposing and more noticeable in a crowd.

If you're in a relationship or marriage already and you're trying to have an affect on your wife or LT girlfriend, suddenly starting to wear a hat -- especially a powerful classic like a black fedora -- is bound to evoke some interest. It will at least attract some notice, it will certainly cause a comment, and it might even provoke a fight. She might say she doesn't like hats. That she doesn't like you in a hat. That you look stupid or silly in the hat. She'll use it nine different ways to try to shame you or poo poo-test you into submission.

But don't relent. Wear your drat hat. Because you're a man, you're dangerous, and everyone respects a man in a fedora. If your wife doesn't right away . . . I guarantee it will attract the attention of other women. Likewise men will treat you differently, too. Sure, she doesn't like it -- but it's not her drat head, it's yours. You don't tell HER what to wear, do you?

But wear the drat hat. Even in your darkest hour, you have that symbol of masculine power to cling to.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Tao Jones posted:

I was skulking over at Alpha Game today, after getting my invaluable post on marriage 3.0 up, when I read this:

"If someone is looking to apply Game to his life, what would you identify as the most important change/action to take to get started?"

As usual, there were a lot of great Manosphere responses, mostly reiterating the absolute importance of fitness. I'm not going to contradict that, as there is too much truth to it, but I ended up posting the following response, and I think it's a darn good one. There are a lot of Betas out there, hovering on the edge of the Manosphere, eager to take their first step into a bigger, more challenging and more masculine world. But they don't know how to commit to it meaningfully -- not to their wives, but to themselves. It's all too easy to give up, whack off, and play WoW for the rest of the night. Let's face it: personal transformation is hard.

But there are ways to assist it along. One dramatic and often under-utilized way is by altering your visual appearance appreciably. If you're truly committed to the Red Pill path, and you're trying to activate a visual component, then the next best thing to growing/shaving a beard for a dude is this:

Buy a hat.

Not just any hat. Buy a black fedora, in your size, as good as you can afford. Why, you ask?

I'm so glad you asked.

When it comes to Game, merely working out and learning the intricacies of feminine psychology isn't enough. To truly master Game, you have to come to terms with your own masculinity in a culture that has, for two generations, punished everything about masculinity. 9 times out of 10 a dude who's investigating the Red Pill Road for the first time has been so battered and bruised by this environment that even working out and learning when his woman menstruates isn't enough to do the trick.

When it comes to personal transformation, sometimes an exterior symbol can be extremely potent in the process. Women understand this implicitly, and can successfully use the acquisition of a pair of shoes as a game-changer in their psychologies. The same holds true for men, but we rarely remember it. But it's just as true for us. Consider a military uniform, and how it transforms the behavior and psychology of those who wear it.

Same principal with a black fedora. First of all, they look good on anyone: it's a classic look from one of the last historical periods where unbridled masculinity wasn't merely tolerated, it was admired. Bogey wore a fedora. Indy wore a fedora. Until Kennedy took the Oath of Office bareheaded, it was considered a masculine tradition to wear a hat outdoors, and in its day there was nothing more macho than a fedora.

A fedora makes you look taller, and makes your shoulders look wider. It can hide your expression in a difficult situation. It makes you seem automatically more dangerous and threatening which will affect how others react to you when you wear it. A fedora can be worn in almost any formal occasion and most business occasions. The well-made straw model can be worn in summer or in warmer climes without cooking your head.

But most importantly, a fedora gives you a tangible symbol of your journey you can literally put on and take off. When you're wearing the hat you are reminding yourself that you took the Red Pill, and any special treatment to women in your life is due entirely to either duty or your personal grace, not blanket obligation. It reminds you that you have the potential to be a Bad rear end, and to others you might actually seem frightening.

But most importantly it's a radical departure from the norm, and that's the kind of thing you can use to hang your metaphorical Red Pill hat on. A symbol you can wear that reminds you of your own personal aspirations is a magical helmet of macho. It's helpful in peacocking, if you're on the prowl, and it keeps the rain and the sun off you. Black is a power color, one that people notice and stay aware of. A fedora evokes a specific era and manner of behavior, the 1920s-1950s era, wherein men were made of iron and had guts of steel, whether they were facing G-Men, Gangsters, Nazis, or dockside thugs trying to take over the union. It was the non-military headgear of choice until Sean Connery made the dorky-looking Hornburg popular in Dr. No. But consider buying a black fedora, because it makes you more imposing and more noticeable in a crowd.

If you're in a relationship or marriage already and you're trying to have an affect on your wife or LT girlfriend, suddenly starting to wear a hat -- especially a powerful classic like a black fedora -- is bound to evoke some interest. It will at least attract some notice, it will certainly cause a comment, and it might even provoke a fight. She might say she doesn't like hats. That she doesn't like you in a hat. That you look stupid or silly in the hat. She'll use it nine different ways to try to shame you or poo poo-test you into submission.

But don't relent. Wear your drat hat. Because you're a man, you're dangerous, and everyone respects a man in a fedora. If your wife doesn't right away . . . I guarantee it will attract the attention of other women. Likewise men will treat you differently, too. Sure, she doesn't like it -- but it's not her drat head, it's yours. You don't tell HER what to wear, do you?

But wear the drat hat. Even in your darkest hour, you have that symbol of masculine power to cling to.

tl:dr

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

s1ckly dW33b posted:

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

spengler posted:

around here its more like xxy top

xxl top more like

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

LOL @ u if all your clothes arent custom made for u

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

I recognize this for the poo poo-test that it is

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

like what kind of chump just picks up some article of clothing off a rack with 100s of identical ones and says "ok, i guess this is roughly the same shape as a part of my body, so i can wear it" lol

pblol
Jun 27, 2008
_----_
. .
__

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Dogballs posted:

like what kind of chump just picks up some article of clothing off a rack with 100s of identical ones and says "ok, i guess this is roughly the same shape as a part of my body, so i can wear it" lol

People who aren't anthropometric freaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Tao Jones posted:

I recognize this for the poo poo-test that it is

thank god I wasn't the only one who didn't read that poo poo.

• Locked thread