Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

No, I couldn't get the appropriate arrangements together in time. I've got tickets to the Bradley-Chaves fight in December instead as a consolation prize, assuming that fight is still happening (I've been hearing talk that Chaves is holding out for more money).

A lot of boxing happening in cheap winter season Vegas that night, make up losing the difference at the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Will try to get a Winter/Spring thread up in time for Hopkins/Kovalev.

Ninja PD posted:

A lot of boxing happening in cheap winter season Vegas that night, make up losing the difference at the book.

Amir Khan/Devon Alexander is an eliminator for the biggest fight in the world in the year of our lord 2014 :shepface:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Amir is going to gently caress it up.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

KidDynamite posted:

Amir is going to gently caress it up.

I really hope Devon doesn't get the fight if he wins, because Jesus Christ the world doesn't need to see Floyd Mayweather vs Devon Alexander in 20fucking15

Why are either of these guys even an option? Why does Floyd Mayweather (or Al Haymon, I suppose) hate all of us so much?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

ozymandius1024 posted:

I really hope Devon doesn't get the fight if he wins, because Jesus Christ the world doesn't need to see Floyd Mayweather vs Devon Alexander in 20fucking15

Why are either of these guys even an option? Why does Floyd Mayweather (or Al Haymon, I suppose) hate all of us so much?

I mean, I guess I'd rather see Khan than Alexander but neither one is very interesting.

In terms of decreasing interest, I guess I'd like to see GGG at 154 (not a loving chance), Pacquiao (not a loving chance), Cotto...Porter? I mean, it's kind of slim pickings between Welter and Middle at the moment.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Gregor Samsa posted:

I mean, I guess I'd rather see Khan than Alexander but neither one is very interesting.

In terms of decreasing interest, I guess I'd like to see GGG at
154 (not a loving chance), Pacquiao (not a loving chance), Cotto...Porter? I mean, it's kind of slim pickings between Welter and Middle at the moment.

It won't happen, but I just want to see Thurman in there with Floyd. Outside of the first few you listed, that's the only other fight I'm interested in from Mayweather.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
does algieri have a hope in hell against pacquiao?

e: my bookie says no. no he doesn't.

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 6, 2014

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008
It's pretty much going to be Pacquiao hitting Algieri with combos repeatedly while Algieri jabs at a 25% connect rate.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ninja PD posted:

I'm definitely dropping some money on Timmy (not that it went so great for me last time) and probably Devon if I like the odds they're putting up for him.

The SituAsian posted:

Amir Khan/Devon Alexander is an eliminator for the biggest fight in the world in the year of our lord 2014 :shepface:

Should have been the year of our lord 2013. To be honest I think Floyd might actually have to fight Manny if Alexander beats Khan; there's no way Devon does nearly as well as a PPV opponent.

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 6, 2014

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Algieri is going to get annihilated, but not in any exciting ir interesting fashion.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

UK bookies have Alexander 9/4, or +225, which is a great price. Khan always gets knocked out when he's *this close* to the Mayweather gravy train. Plus you get the feeling he's already on the slide.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

The SituAsian posted:

If Bernard worms out as undisputed this weekend I would prefer he get the ticket because gently caress it.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

The Ninth Layer posted:

No, I couldn't get the appropriate arrangements together in time. I've got tickets to the Bradley-Chaves fight in December instead as a consolation prize, assuming that fight is still happening (I've been hearing talk that Chaves is holding out for more money).

That sucks. I am stoked to go to it. I am going with 3 other guys and none of us have ever been to a boxing match before. My friend who put it together is one of the biggest boxing fans under 70 on the entire planet. I watch it at his house about once a month when there is a good card but I don't know poo poo like the 7th ranked welterweights backstory or anything.

I hope Hopkins wins but I am just amped to be there to be honest.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Hopkins winning would own

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

one minute i think hopkins is gonna walk it and then next i'm worrying for his life tbh

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
expanding my prayer circle to an unheard of circumference in order to put political pressure on the christian God for a Hopkins victory

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Triticum Guzzler posted:

expanding my prayer circle to an unheard of circumference in order to put political pressure on the christian God for a Hopkins victory

Don't blow your leverage on Hopkins. You'll need that poo poo for Hunt.

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008
If this goes 12 rounds I may pass out from anxiety thinking Kovalev is going to be the one that kills Hopkins

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Shear the Sheep posted:

If this goes 12 rounds I may pass out from anxiety thinking Kovalev is going to be the one that kills Hopkins

If it gets past the eighth round or so it probably means Hopkins has the fight on lock. For some reason I feel like this is a fight that either goes the distance or ends really early.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
When is this fight happening?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Tonight.

Main events usually start around 11:30-ish EST, so I think about 4:30 AM for you brits.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I made a new thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680011&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post437429323

1) I know it's "Krusher" and not Crusher
2) I like cheesy bylines-deal.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
I'm in Korea. I've never cared enough to bother watching a fight before it's up on Youtube, but for Hopkins-Kovalev I want to see it before I'm exposed to the results.

Any recommended places to see it online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Mr. Belpit posted:

I'm in Korea. I've never cared enough to bother watching a fight before it's up on Youtube, but for Hopkins-Kovalev I want to see it before I'm exposed to the results.

Any recommended places to see it online?

It's not a ppv, I dunno the rules on fancy channels or w/e but the usual vipleague.se places will have it

• Locked thread