Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Well, mercy me. I mean, WOW. Cotto jumped him badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Martinez's legs are the equivalent of the tin man needing oil. He looks a bit better now.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Wow. Old knees on his opponent or not, Cotto definitely handled his business the right way.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

That was high quality all around. Kudos to both men.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Gamboa reminds me of Zab Judah. Incredibly fast, fools people into thinking he has defense as opposed to reflexes, dangerous early, but can be out maneuvered late, and timed to death. Then again, at least Judah was the undisputed champion of a weight class for a cup of coffee. Gamboa has never reached that peak.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

I cringed when I learned that Juanma was still fighting. I wish my instints were wrong.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

A split decision is fine. That 9-3 split...drat.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

So I'm killing time in a hotel room right now, noticed FNF was on. Hey, Mike Lee is fighting! Who is Mike Lee? He was in a Subway commercial or 2. I still didn't know who he was, and for good reason. This is 13th pro fight, and first since 2010.

What I really want to know is, how the hell did he get those Subway commercials?!! Kickass sleazy agent? Bedfellows with someone in the company? I mean it makes no sense :psyduck:

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Grittybeard posted:

Vargas Novikov is a pretty nice little fight so far.

I understand that Novikov is not necessarily a power puncher, but that doesn't mean Vargas should be this sloppy. What the hell...

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

:lol: as always with scores :allears:

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

:laffo: already more interesting than expected.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Grittybeard posted:

I wonder what it is BHop sees in Kovalev that he went for the fight? Because he seems loving terrifying every time I see him.

Because he is unrefined. Of course that could backfire badly because Kovalev may walk through everything and land the type of punches to end it quickly without regard to strategy. I'm actually excited about it.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

If Chaves keeps jab-straight-turn going all night, Rios will look outclassed.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

DDT! Holy gently caress.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Boxxxxxxxiiiiiiiiiiiiing

:argh:

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

So he clears it for a DDT but a standard hold with both guys acting on opposite spectrums ends it? :psypop:

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Porter fights like a running back who learned new rules that allow you to punch.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Why is the Showtime crew making more of a big deal on the count than necessary? Ortiz made the situation a judgement call. At that point, he had spit out his mouthpiece, and had not exactly done much before the 8-9 count interval to indicate he wanted to continue. Many refs let that go, but thats pure discretion.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Well that was more entertaining than expected.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

fatherdog posted:

Honestly Boardwalk Hall is small enough that no seats are really that bad.

Seconding this. Know your budget, and stick with it. You'll be able to see everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

That left hook was like a tennis serve. Impressive.

• Locked thread