Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

thecolorpurple posted:

I never looked at any of these OPs before but what the gently caress happened to Kovarro and all those other Dothraki?
They're there, but they're all extras now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

thecolorpurple posted:

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard/Wildcard (Robert didn't trust Selmy so this was Renly-vacant-Oberyn)
Renly had a normal position, Master of Laws.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

There's been new recruits after Jon's group, so some of the guys there are gonna be pretty green.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

I'm a little surprised that in an effort to avoid his goose being cooked, Roose hasn't sent reinforcements to the wall. The Night's Watch have been preparing for a while it seems for Mance to attack with 100000 strong army, and the North would be first place overrun should the Wall fall.
Well, Roose's army has been in the Riverlands until last week.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The purpose of flaming arrows is to look cool during night battles.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Not really sand. Debris for shrapnel.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think the producers said they decided to do a finale climax instead of an Ep9 climax this year.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

BillBear posted:

They wasted the scythe on about 8 wildings though. I hope it can be reused.

Well, they were hoisting it back up after they used it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

kiimo posted:

At first I thought the scythe was impractical (it still is) but then I realized they can adjust for distance. And give the wall a good haircut in the process with a healthy sheen like a Zamboni of murder.

Plus the chain will still kill people who are a little higher than the scythe.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If the flames told Melisandre that Gendry had Baratheon blood, they could probably tell her about other people.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

The R was the mad king
That's wrong. It was his son.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's because shieldless fighting on TV looks more stylish and exciting. The characters move around more.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Vehementi posted:

(Wait, how did he get past the wall to escape south?)
I don't remember if there was anything that contradicted this: but I suppose he could've gone back to Castle Black, reported the deaths of his comrades, and then deserted.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

No More Heroes posted:

I thought he got secretly pardoned by Robert to go spy on Viserys and Danaerys?

I think Varys getting in touch with him and offering a pardon for spying is a fairly recent thing, not something that was offered immediately after he fled his lands.

Apparently between the start of his exile and the spy job, he spent time as a mercenary.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 12, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

So if Tommen were to die would the King's Landing crew just give up the throne to Stannis, as at that point there wouldn't really be any question that he has the rightful claim to it? I wonder if claim is important enough at this point that they would wave the white flag and let a guy who had tried to invade at one point take over without any fuss.

If Stannis's wife were to die too, I'm 99% sure that the Tyrells would say "Heeeey, Stannis, you wanna marry Margery?"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

They probably turn around and offer Margaery to Stannis (or possibly Loras to Shireen) and back his claim, and the Lannister-Martells and the Baratheon-Tyrells go to war.
I just find the idea of Margaery continually being passed from king to king hilarious.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I mean, really, if Tommen were to die, would anyone still dare to marry Margaery? That's three dead king-husbands.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

monster on a stick posted:

Tommen wouldn't do this because Gendry would be an immediate pretender to the throne. He's kind of a dope but he's not that much of a dope.
The Tyrells trick Tommen into legitimizing Gendry, then immediately marry Margaery to Gendry and boot the Lannisters out of King's Landing.

Then Gendry dies.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

One thing I always liked about that scene is that Stannis recognizes Tyrion as the one calling the shots, rather than King Joffrey. Stannis may be only person to give Tyrion his due respect, albeit as an adversary.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Doltos posted:

You just answered your own question.

He married Catelyn, impregnated her, came back with a bastard... so how was Jon born after if Ned had to bring him back up from the south? The real answer is a theorized spoiler though, but yeah, Jon is older.
I'm lost as to what you're trying to say here. If Robb was conceived at the start of the war, and Jon was conceived while Ned was away at war, then (assuming normal gestation periods) Robb is older. Ned coming back with Jon just means that Robb was born wile Ned was away.

I know the speculation, but it's irrelevant to why what you're describing is wrong.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 12, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Doltos posted:

I never said that Ned was the father of Jon
There's no reason to bring speculation up. Based on what is publicly known about when they were conceived and born, which is what mattered to the Stark family and is what matters in this discussion, Robb is older than Jon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Roumba posted:

My internet was really lovely these last few weeks so I was wondering if I had missed something in s04e08 that I would have seen if HBOGO's quality hadn't been run through a shredder: Was it obvious that the Mountain died too or was he clearly alive?

Please no spoilers/hint-wink-poo poo, just tell me if such a thing was visible or if it was just inconclusive.
Nothing was made clear.

• Locked thread