Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

a cop posted:

Good job scrolling past all that. Now lets get ready for some game of thrones!!!! Whats everyones favorite Game of Thrones-time snack? I eat a bigass plate of nachos.

Scotch. It helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Tuco22 posted:

A spitting image of his father.

That dude looks like grumpy cat.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

This would just cannibalize their own product though...

But what's worse, the market cannibalization or the opportunity cost?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

The best part of these threads is all the people who feel superior because they haven't read a book.

You can feel like an insecure weenie without anyone feeling superior about anything, fyi

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

El Golden Goose posted:

I like this show and I enjoy it but this episode I just could not suspend my disbelief because of all the bafflingly stupid things the characters were doing. I'm being very :spergin: about this but I just couldn't turn off my brain this episode sorry guys :(

Goons in Platoons has a thread titled Let's Talk About Idiots!:

quote:

Well BAF had a wire breech and these security forces dudes roll up on where it was reported to be. I guess they didn't really believe it because they just kind of sauntered around without looking. They both had M16s while the .50 cal on their humvee just sat their chilling. Anyway the Afghan dude (In ACUs) who was laying next to the wire sat up and SF McBadass fumbled with his 16 and shot himself square in the drat boot. His buddy panicked, started to run away, turned and fired like 4 shots at nothing then helped his buddy to the humvee where they said lol bye and drove off, leaving the unarmed contractors and like 3 random Joes to cower in a bunker while the Afghans shot small arms fire and RPGs at them. Until a pair of Apaches went buck rear end wild and blew everything to poo poo.

Seemed relevant.

By the way, that thread completely owns.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

monster on a stick posted:

The wiki article on this episode says why they killed them off. I guess they are pretty minor spoilers for the books for pretty minor characters.

One of the notes, I completely overlooked this:

quote:

Jon Snow gained the edge on Styr during the last moment of their fight by spitting blood in his face, giving Jon the moment he needed to grab a hammer and bring it down into Styr's skull. This is loosely the same trick that Karl Tanner used against Jon at Craster's Keep in "First of His Name", nearly killing him.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

Why did they even sally forth from the wall all the way back in season 2? I can't loving remember their justification but in hindsight the decision seems really dumb. :psyduck:

I think they lost a patrol and also wanted to investigate some things

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
That joke is problematic.

Bobo the Red posted:

It's not cool, but acting like it makes them as bad as the Mountain or really anyone from souh of the Wall is silly.

Yeah, GRRM's drawn a lot of inspiration from history and that kind of thing was par for the course.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

thathonkey posted:

Honestly because I have nothing better to do on Sunday nights and I'm really curious to see how they will possibly resolve the holistic story during the final episode. I really liked the first couple of seasons but the latest two have been pretty disappointing. It could be because I had most of the big moments spoiled for me(although they were almost all char deaths)

Ever seen From Dusk till Dawn? I'm expecting the White Walkers to hit like that.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Question about the spoilered Jon chat:

Has he ever been burned?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

old dog child posted:

^THIS^ is why this happens:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Max posted:

What the hell is going on?

GoT is a passion-play from the perspective of 1920s Germany.

• Locked thread