Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Okay, I am restarting a Jewel of Yavin game! I really want to get a EotE game off the ground and am going to double down on making it happen!

Game thread is here!

I'm not going to go into a whole lot of game system specifics; if you have any system questions or the like, feel free to post them here, PM me, or catch me in #sweote on SynIRC

The Story:

Deep in the Outer Rim, the galaxy's elite gather on Cloud City to bid on the dazzling corusca gem, the Jewel of Yavin. Yet, the rare gem's allure extends to the city's underworld, which rapidly jockeys to claim the jewel as its own.

Scrape together a crew in Bespin's shadowports and hatch a plan to steal the "unstealable" Jewel of Yavin. But beware who you trust and who you dare to double-cross. With hundreds of thousands of credits at stake, it will take a first-rate team to pull of the perfect caper and escape to the clouds.

Shamelessly yoinked from the back cover of the module.

The Crew:

I'm looking for 5-6 players who want to be in on a caper of a lifetime. The basic story is that your contact on Cloud City put out an open call across the backalley communication channels of the galaxy, looking for a group with diverse skills to steal the coursca gem. A handsome reward has been promised, but the contact makes it clear that you won't be keeping the gem itself as a prize.

You'll probably want to stick to Edge of the Empire character careers due to the criminal nature of the plot, but if you have an awesome idea for a Rebel Alliance-affiliated character using the Age of Rebellion careers, go ahead and post it and I'll give it a look.

Due to my own personal hangups, please stick to officially published species options. (All supplement material is a-ok)

I highly suggest using this fan-made character generator, but if you're on a Mac or otherwise unable to do so, I can always recreate your character in the program on my end.

When posting your character please include a brief vignette you came to be on Cloud City and heading down Market Row to meet your prospective employer. Note that this can be anything from "I am the legendary outlaw, Starlord" all the way to "I want to be on this crew to minimize collateral damage and make sure that the rich are stolen from and the needy provided for". Make it interesting!

(Hint, this would be a really good way to tie in your character's Obligation to the game. Do you need reward money to pay off a debt? Are you a compulsive thrill seeker? Are you hiding out on Cloud City for reasons and need something to keep yourself occupied?)

:siren: Rules change! After char-gen, take an additional 100 XP for 'level ups'. That means no increasing base characteristics with it, but otherwise, go hog wild!:siren:

I'll run recruitment til the end of the day Sunday, June 15th; a little over a week.

:siren:Please do not apply unless you can commit yourself to at least checking in with the game once every couple of days!:siren:
Real life stuff happens; I'm not gonna drop anyone from the game if they suddenly have to take care of a sick relative or get stuck with super overtime at work, but if you just up and stop posting due to lack of interest, you will be aggressively replaced!

jivjov fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Standard chargen?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Elendil004 posted:

Standard chargen?

Yep, starting from scratch, no bonus XP or anything.

:siren: Rules change! After char-gen, take an additional 100 XP for 'level ups'. That means no increasing base characteristics with it, but otherwise, go hog wild!:siren:

jivjov fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 9, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

jivjov posted:

Yep, starting from scratch, no bonus XP or anything.

Are you scaling things down then? The module is designed for somewhat seasoned adventurers. I looked at it for a RL game but thought scaling would be a pain in the rear end.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I'll be dialing it down a bit. Simplifying combat a hair is a good idea for a PbP game anyway.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 9, 2014

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Orell Retwin

Some say that money can't buy happiness. But those people didn't have money to begin with. I'll tell you what my family money could buy; clothes, entertainment, transport, vices, in short whatever I wanted. I grew up on Coruscant. My family was a large stakeholder in one of the many successful asteroid mining companies and had been for multiple generations. I had droid servants to take care of my every need, I attended the best of schools, and could choose from any profession I wanted or even not chose one at all and just live on my trust fund.

Yes, I was happy. I was also bored though, and that's where trouble begins. I started with experimenting with stims, hallucinogens and other drugs to make life more interesting. But interesting is often not what you would hope. I got in a bad way with some worse people and as my addiction cost me more and more of my money, I started to worry about how I would payback those who I owed money to. Luckily I had many friends who were all as well off as myself. No one noticed if a few small, but very valuable trinkets went missing and I was safe for another week.

Over the months, I studied the various security systems of the rich and learned how to get by them. I spent my time working out and slimming down to become more agile. My contacts noticed what I was trading in return for the drugs and offered me a way out. There was a very precious statue they were interested in obtaining and the security system at the warehouse was one I was familiar with. I was so strung out and addicted by that point that I didn't have much of a choice but to agree. We arrived, I disabled the alarm and got us into the cage where the statue was kept. But there was an extra guard on that night, picking up some overtime I guess. We hadn't included him in our plan and I certainly didn't mean to shoot him. I was already nervous and he just came around the corner surprising me. God I wish I could go back to that moment and stop myself.

My compatriots were less than sympathetic. They knew that the heat would be hotter for a murder than just a burglary and they had few qualms about tossing me up as a sacrificial lamb. The deal they presented was palatable. Since the statue was meant for the Seonom family, I was now in their debt. In exchange for getting me off planet and into the Outer Rim, if they called requesting my new services then I would have to oblige. I accepted. I left behind my family, friends and my life to travel from planet husk to husk with a nervous eye always over my shoulder. Waiting for the next call telling me where and when I was to be. Once I heard about the Jewel of Yavin, I figured that with a score this big, my cut could possibly let me pay my way into freedom. Finally.

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 10, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I'll probably post my last guy.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
I'll post a character! Probably tomorrow evening.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

jivjov posted:

I asked in IRC, but, any increase in funds to go along with us being seasoned fellers?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Elendil004 posted:

I asked in IRC, but, any increase in funds to go along with us being seasoned fellers?

Hrm, I'm tempted to say "nope, you're all poor as gently caress and that's why you're tuning to a life of crime" but I am not that cruel. Take an additional 500 credits to buy stuff. Not a huge windfall, but you can gear up a little bit.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Boxer still needs to steal that jewel!

Sure. I gotta retool him, though.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh, hm, I've actually never played EotE before, so it probably isn't a good idea to start here with a leveled-up character, right?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

No! You're wrong. You'll have more fun with a high level character as a new person, and you should roll something. Like a smarmy smuggler that is really good at speeder piloting.

Spend all of your initial EXP on characteristics, and the extra on other stuff.

There, you now know as much as everyone else.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, unlike something like high level D&D, this system doesn't get all that much more complicated or crunchy at higher level play. Yeah you have more talents and the like, but most of those are either passive bonuses or improvements on things you already do.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Okay, cool!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

K`rak Tar - Klatooνnνan Mercenary Soldier

Short backstory, hutt slave, guard/fighter type. Escaped but feels bad, needs money, hoping to hit it big in Cloud City.

Will do detailed backstory tomorrow.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Okay, I said I was going to do this last time and then disappeared without even applying because of finals, but maybe this time I'll actually get an app in. Still considering undercover cop as a character, but I do worry that might be too convoluted to fit into the story, so maybe I'll just go for something simple like a smooth talking con man.

Edit:

Got inspired in a totally different direction from my original character concepts, so have a punchy on the run street doc. Wasn't sure what the base Obligation we're using is, so I went with 5; if it's 10, just shift me up to 15 instead, because that 5 bonus XP is precious to me. I'll have a description for heading to the meet later, but for now I copied the backstory from my sheet over so no one has to squint at the text or anything.

Sen Jevrik, Doctor

Above All Do No Lasting Harm

I botched a surgery once. Well, not really botched. But it was a screw up. THE screw up. The whole reason I'm out here.

The minute they dragged him through those doors, I could already tell the poor bastard was done for. It was a miracle just that he was breathing when he came in, but I could see with a glance that he wasn't going to leave that way. Of course, when you're staring down the barrel of a couple street toughs' blasters as they shout at you to just fix it, you realize there's not much point in arguing.

I did what I could, but even bringing him back to consciousness was too much. The sound he made, just as he finally died... I won't say it chilled me. I was a freelance doctor in a dangerous neighborhood for years. I'm... used to the noises of death. But that one will stick with me. Because it wasn't just his death rattle. It was the sound of my entire life ending.

See, it turned out he wasn't just some stick-up man who got the bad end of a rip gone wrong. No. If he was just that, I wouldn't have nearly died when my clinic was firebombed the very next week. In a supremely unfortunate twist of fate, the man who died on my operating table happened to be a powerful crime lord's favorite son. Turns out, explaining there's nothing to be done for a through-and-through to the heart doesn't help a grieving father. He made it very clear in his calls that my head on a stick would soothe his mourning, but I'm not inclined to provide that level of intensive care. When my clinic turned into nothing more than a burnt-out husk, I ran.

I've been running since. Sure, sometimes I settle down for a time. Put down some roots. Become part of the community. But every single time, sooner or later, someone comes snooping around, and then it's time to run again. I've learned that it takes quite a while to get over the death of your son.

So I keep moving. I've had to get good at lying. Good at working with a sword over my head. Good at defending myself. It was a strange feeling the first time I realized that, when it counts, knowing how to fix people up means you know how to break them down. But I still do my best to help those in need. No matter what happens, above all else, I'm still a doctor. Sometimes I just need to bend the rules a little to stay a living one.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jun 11, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Just a friendly reminder that recruitment closes soon!

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
I'm interested, and should have an app submitted by tomorrow, if you were thinking about closing early.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Not at all; with my work schedule, it'll probably be Monday afternoon before I get picks up anyway, so feel free to slide in under the wire.

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008

Thobi Fenn, Human Slicer

Thobi Fenn came from a family struggling to make ends meet and raise their son to be a doctor or lucrative occupation. Early on, Fenn became enamored with computers and security systems, spending his free time writing small-time scripts and other code. In college, he discovered he could make money on the side by hacking into the school's security systems and changing grades for his peers. His actions grew more and more illicit, as he started cracking into banks and company mainframes. Eventually, he dropped out of school and was disowned by his parents.

He eventually made his way to Bespin, hearing about its status as an up-and-coming metropolis in the Outer Rim. He continued to sell his hacks when he was tracked down by Hiram Teff, a deputy on Cloud City. Convinced he was finally going to jail, Fenn was surprised when Teff instead offered him a job, only they both knew the alternative was a long sentence for the youth.

Fenn still manages to complete small jobs on the side, but Teff keeps him on a tight leash, ensuring that he only has time for the blackmail work, getting paid little. He doesn't know exactly what his work is going toward, except he suspects that Teff is knee-deep in his own crimes as well.

I figured my relationship with Teff gives me an in to the heist--maybe he's setting up the job and knows the team needs a hacker. If you'd rather it be another NPC particular to the adventure, I can change it.

Doctor Epitaph fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 21, 2014

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Khaleth Starstarer, Human Scholar

Khaleth was a brilliant mind at his university. An expert in anthropology, especially the study of alien cultures, he was well on his way to becoming a lauded professor and researcher. Jealousy crept into the minds of his peers, however, and they resented him for his youth and intelligence. One fateful eve, they arranged for his downfall, blackmailing him and causing him to be cast out of the university.

With no money and no options, Khaleth took out a large loan from the Hutt lords, hoping to get back on his feet. The money ran out quickly, of course, and now he is on the run from his debt collectors.

Khaleth has always been timid and afraid of conflict, but that changed once his options began to slip away. He carries a blaster on him at all times, now. However, he still tries to avoid conflict if possible.

Khaleth wants in on this mission because he needs the money. He's willing to do some terrible things to get it.

Hope this is okay! I'm not even sure if a Scholar will be useful for this kind of mission...

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Spoiler Alert: It's the same as last time except for the updated character sheet.

Vyzari Vynn (a.k.a. Vynia Lazari)

“Mercy is a sign of weakness.”

Her mother always used to say that. The woman certainly hadn't gotten where she was by being merciful, after all. Mercy didn't earn you respect – not on Nar Shaddaa, at least. And without the respect of those around you and the loyalty of those beneath you, what were you, exactly? Not much of a crime lord, surely. Certainly not if you were a twi'lek, and a former slave at that. No, you had to earn everything you got. Respect through strength. Loyalty through fear. What room is there for mercy in a world like that?

Zethirala'zari – Lady Zethira, she preferred – understood as well as anyone what was necessary to survive – and to thrive – on a planet like Nar Shaddaa. She'd come to the planet a slave, but cunning and ruthlessness had raised her up about as high as someone like her could go – and then some. She was no match for the major syndicates, naturally – what one person can match the likes of the Hutt Cartel? – but even they respected her. She was queen of her own domain.

Vyniala'zari, on the other hand, had been born into that life. If her mother was the queen, she was a princess. Never the slave, always the master. She wasn't a real noble, of course – not one of the foppish, sheltered aristocrats you'd find in the Core – but she and her siblings were about as close as you'd find on Nar Shaddaa.

That didn't mean she was sheltered from her mother's activities, of course. Just the opposite – Zethira had every intention of making it a family business. Each of her children was brought into her criminal world at a young age, and each of them learnt from the best.

Vy was a fast learner. Like most of her siblings, she was largely kept out of the true “dirty work” of her mother's criminal enterprise. Most of them gravitated towards the safer, more political side of the operation – negotiations and business dealings, both legitimate and otherwise. Vy's slightly more adventurous nature, on the other hand, attracted her to more hands-on matters, mostly involving Zethira's extensive smuggling operations.

Even as a teenager, Vy's abilities were evident. Steadily, she earned her mother's trust, displaying the same sort of intelligence and cunning that had helped Zethira in her rise to the top. Before long, Vy was as respected as any of her older siblings, and there was even talk that she might be the one to succeed her mother one day. More and more, she was trusted with Zethira's most important tasks.

It was in the course of one such task, however, that Vy demonstrated her weakness. She had, for the first time, been put in charge of smuggling slaves – an uncommon occurance in Zethira's organization, though not for any moral qualms, despite her origins – purchased from the Hutt Cartel by a small group of Core World slave-brokers operating on planets where slavery was still illegal. It was a lucrative operation, and the first one that Vy found to truly test her ruthlessness and her resolve. It was a test she failed.

Never truly comfortable with slavery, Vy found the sight of her latest cargo too much to bear. The burst of empathy she felt for the dozens of scared beings – many of them her age or younger – was overpowering. Suddenly, all the misgivings she'd ever had about her mother's operations were bubbling to the surface and crystallizing in her mind, then made flesh in the form of her sentient cargo. She simply couldn't do what had been asked of her, but knew that refusal would just result in someone else making the run.

After agonizing about it as long as she could, she made a decision. Effectively hijacking her own ship, she dumped her mother's employees on the nearest planet and escaped with the slaves, clandestinely dropping them off over the course of the next few planets she visited until they were all free.

And then she was alone. Her weakness had led her to betray her own family – costing her mother a small fortune, no doubt. She didn't know whether she could go back – worse, she wasn't sure she wanted to. The incident had been a catalyst for a complete re-evaluation of her life. Finally, she was beginning to open her eyes to what she had really been a part of – and discovering she didn't like it. Her loyalty to her family and her sense of responsibility – and perhaps her sense of adventure, too – had blinded her.

But Vy's reawakening had also left her without a purpose. At first, it was something she didn't mind. She was content to wander the galaxy, eventually adopting her pseudonym – a mix of her real name and the name of a mythical pirate whose stories she'd enjoyed as a child – and looking for work where she could find it. Eventually, though, her sense of adventure - and need for a challenge - began to get the better of her, and she found herself making new criminal contacts - ones largely outside the oppressive organized crime networks her family was a part of, and for whom personal freedom was more important than rigid obedience.

And then they decided to steal a gem.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Looks like we need a bruiser

Nachkt
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8FO0MV1xknXVTRIeVBpV3NiZFE/edit

Nachkt was born on Dosha, but emigrated to Nar Shaddaa at the early age, hoping for a chance to profit in the city-planet. He quickly used his strength and ruthlessness to become a low-level enforcer for a local Trandoshan gang. Over the years he worked his way up the ranks of the vicious cycle of gangs that were epidemic to Nar Shaddaa, to become the head enforcer to Narboor, one of the lesser hutt lords on Nar Shaddaa. However, when Narboor's palace was attacked by a rival hutt, Nachkt was teaching a lesson to a smuggler behind on his loan payments. Unable to reach his masters palace before the attackers killed Narboor, Nachkt saw his future on Nar Shaddaa rapidly shrinking, and fled on the ship of the smuggler he had just killed. He fled to the Outer Rim to lie low and be forgotten, but he has been drawn to Cloud City and the heist partially by boredom, partially by need of the cash. Besides, how hard can it be to steal a single jewel?

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 16, 2014

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Got a brief free moment with wifi, so here's a very very abbreviated 'why I'm signing onto this poor choice of a job'

-

I've been a while on Bespin. Longer than usual, in fact. The gas miners need someone to take care of them, and there's enough of a black market to get what I need without the hassle of Imperial Customs evaluating every single shipment and deciding whether I'm just a front for a narcotics ring. But the problem with staying in one place for a long time doing what I do is that after a while, the bills start to pile up. And not all my debtors are the polite 'note on the holonet, just pay at your convenience' type. There's some who are more into the 'kick your door down and demand it at blaster-point' style of debt collection. I can handle myself with that for a little while, but that's not the biggest problem. If any of them get wind about the price on my head and have reason to want to collect...

So, I need good money. Quick. I heard through one of my less-reputable patients about someone putting together a team for a heist in Cloud City. Supposed to pay very well. Maybe even enough to wipe my debts and have some left to start setting something real up here, as dumb of an idea as that is. At the very least some untraceable creds will make my next jaunt on the run easier.

Some folks might scoff at a doc trying to join in on a heist. I've had to do some dirty work before, and that's the usual response. They all think I'm some fool who thinks just being smart means I should get a cut of whatever I want. And that's fine with me.

They all change their tune when something goes wrong.

And something always goes wrong.

Who knows. Maybe I'll be able to help the other idiots trying to steal this gem get out in almost one piece.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Davin Thul

A decent, if unremarkable, bounty hunter, Davin has currently found himself in an odd position. This type of job would typically be the type where he'd be hired to bring in the thieves, but instead he finds himself working his way down Merchant Row. Still, given that his previous bounty was still on the ship when he was forced to "creatively land" it on one of Cloud City's lower platforms, only for the wreck to slide off and into the clouds minutes later, he currently finds himself both lacking a ship, and his next paycheck. Given that said bounty was a retrieval mission of a certain mid-level crime lord's rebellious son, he's also been somewhat slow in mentioning the situation. And given his current lack of a way to make a quick exit should he report in, he's quite happy with it like that for the time being.

So, given the circumstances, an opportunity to put his skills to use in exchange for a cut at a huge pile of creds was simply perfect. Dangerous? Sure, but so were his normal jobs, and in some ways it appealed to him to see just how well his skills would work in assisting the type of people he typically went after. If nothing else it should give him an idea on their techniques. With any luck he'd get this accomplished, acquire a new ship, and be off-planet before giving his current employer a status update. While the Guild didn't accept requests for hits on its members, that didn't stop independents or simply minions of the boss himself coming after him, and he'd prefer to be in the next sector over when that happened.

Sure, things rarely worked out perfectly, but all things considered this seemed a rather good chance. And should they succeed but be identified, he'd even sit out the resulting hunt, or at least give them a head start, depending if he liked them or not. Maybe even get them off the books should he find them a particularly good crew.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 17, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Alright, so recruitment is now closed. It looks like I have 7 applicants...so I'm seriously considering just saying "everyone gets in!" That's a pretty big party...but given the nature of PbPs, its very possible that I'll lose 2 or 3 super early on due to lack of interest or posting.

Let me mull that over in my head overnight and I'll post final selections sometime during the day.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Alright, yeah, everyone's in! All of you!

Game thread will go up at some point this evening. I'm gonna write a bit of Original Fiction (TM. Do Not Steal) or something for it.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Woohoo!

...I should probably finish reading about how to play.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

jivjov posted:

Alright, so recruitment is now closed. It looks like I have 7 applicants...so I'm seriously considering just saying "everyone gets in!" That's a pretty big party...but given the nature of PbPs, its very possible that I'll lose 2 or 3 super early on due to lack of interest or posting.

Let me mull that over in my head overnight and I'll post final selections sometime during the day.

Considering your multiple previous attempts at games, as an experienced PbP GM, I would strongly advise against this and suggest you keep it small and focused so it actually plays to completion. Or even past the opening scene.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

Considering your multiple previous attempts at games, as an experienced PbP GM, I would strongly advise against this and suggest you keep it small and focused so it actually plays to completion. Or even past the opening scene.

ITS TOO LATE :v:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'd say just set arbitrary time limits and if someone misses them without giving a reason they either have to catch up later or simply vanish.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Fuzz posted:

My previous efforts seem to have been hampered by players just vanishing and not posting; by upping my player count, I can bank on having a person or two dropping out and still having enough players to have an enjoyable game. Plus I was gonna take 6 anyway; one extra won't hurt too much I don't think.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

jivjov posted:

My previous efforts seem to have been hampered by players just vanishing and not posting; by upping my player count, I can bank on having a person or two dropping out and still having enough players to have an enjoyable game. Plus I was gonna take 6 anyway; one extra won't hurt too much I don't think.

This is flawed logic, your first attempt had like 12 people in it, which by your logic should have still been fine because even if half dropped out, you'd still have six.

Discussing it isn't a topic for public forum (unless you don't mind and want it to be), but there are some steps you can take to having more successful games than just relying on a numbers game and banking on (flawed) statistics to see your game through without changing how you're doing other stuff. But that's my opinion.

Not trying to be snarky or a dick, I really want this game to succeed (and would have posted a char if not for being out of the country and away from all my books), hence I'd like to help you out with pointers, not that I'm some expert. I did notice a few flaws in how you've been trying to do it, though, and fixing those will give your game way more lifespan than just taking extra people and banking on 1 or 2 dropping out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
By all means, dispense your advice! What steps should I take to help my game out? I'd really like to get one off the ground and have it not putter out a few weeks in...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Alright, Game thread is up now! Right here!

Looks like I miscounted and have a crew of 8 for this little jaunt. Yeah, that's a really large party, but I think its workable.

Please make some manner of post either here or in the game thread at least once every 72 hours or let us know if you are going to be absent for a bit. If you habitually vanish, you will be dropped from the game, and nobody wants that!

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
EotE newb here, wanted to make sure my thinking is correct.
My last post makes me thing I should roll a Computers check. Would that be Average difficulty (2 dice)?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Doctor Epitaph posted:

EotE newb here, wanted to make sure my thinking is correct.
My last post makes me thing I should roll a Computers check. Would that be Average difficulty (2 dice)?

I can give you an info-dump of publicly available stuff with no roll; anything past that would be a Average check yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm heading home today, so I'll post tonight to avoid getting dropped for inaction!

• Locked thread