Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Good point about making my guy a suspect, he could always injure himself trying to stop the robbery. We could also do an "inside man" and hide inside with the jewel till the heat wears off.

Perhaps we can do it in such a way as to be highly embarrassing to many parties so they have an interest in keeping it under wraps? Blackmail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Once you guys finalize your initial investigative plans, let me know specifically what you'd like to do and I'll let you know what rolls and the like to make :D

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Nobody posted for 3 days. Game cancelled.

J/k. Due to forums being down and such, the 3-day timer is reset as of right now!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So, Vis and Spincut, you want to research the auction itself and how to get into it

Koth, Elendil004, Kloaked, you want to scope out the musuem

nothing to seehere, you want to start poking around seeing if anyone else is planning a similar heist

If I got all that right, I'll put up a gamepost with relevent stuff here in the next couple hours. Sorry for the delay, I dunno what it was but even after the forum outage I was still having great difficulty connecting.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

jivjov posted:

So, Vis and Spincut, you want to research the auction itself and how to get into it

Yeah. If possible, potential bidders as well.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm hopping on the rival heist research team as well, with an additional secondary focus of checking into the Shens' whole deal.

Also, I've started playing with the idea of bullshitting an epidemic among the security team to get a bunch of them on sick leave and maybe make our job easier.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I can go with that. That's amazing and I love it.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, was also planning on seeing if there was any word in the less legal sections of society about anyone planning heists, but scouting out the museum was another planned activity.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Sooooooo....anyone feel like posting?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I assume we have secure group comms, just in the interest of cross communication?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Sorry, I'll post something in the morning.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Sorry, for some reason I thought I'd already posted. I'll get something up tomorrow.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

jivjov posted:

Sooooooo....anyone feel like posting?

A few of us are paused waiting for Doctor Epitaph's roll to be resolved, I think.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Spincut posted:

A few of us are paused waiting for Doctor Epitaph's roll to be resolved, I think.

On that one I was waiting for more than one member of that team to have posted.

I'll get a response to it (and anything that's been posted) here in a couple hours)

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

jivjov posted:

On that one I was waiting for more than one member of that team to have posted.

I'll get a response to it (and anything that's been posted) here in a couple hours)

Oh, I was waiting for a result before I did anything. :v:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'll get something up tonighthopefully.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

What would be the difficulty check on

1) Convincing the guards in the jewel room using deception that I'm authorized to get a closer look
2) Causing a distraction which would pull the guards out of the room and let me take a look around
3) Finding out where the hastily added cameras in the jewel room are sending their feed to

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kloaked00 posted:

What would be the difficulty check on

1) Convincing the guards in the jewel room using deception that I'm authorized to get a closer look
2) Causing a distraction which would pull the guards out of the room and let me take a look around
3) Finding out where the hastily added cameras in the jewel room are sending their feed to

1) Stupid hard; they're pros. Let's call it a 4 Diff Deception
2) Depends on what manner of distraction you're going for, elaborate?
3) Not the hardest slice job in the world, but you don't really have a good place to set up. Diff 2 Skullduggery check, followed by a Diff 2 Computers check. Setbacks (or outright impossibility) would be added to the Computers check based on the results of the Skullduggery check.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

jivjov posted:

2) Depends on what manner of distraction you're going for, elaborate?

Nothing too crazy. How about

1) If they're also guarding stuff in the main area of the museum, cause someone to bump into a painting / sculpture, causing the alarm (that I assume is connected to all this valuable stuff) to go off, forcing them to investigate
2) If they're assigned to that room only, set off the fire alarm so they're forced to leave the room. I would only do this after a perception check to make sure setting off the fire alarm wouldn't trap me in the jewel room
3) Hack into either A) their personal comm feeds or B) the museum PA system, and a deception check that they're needed in the curator's office to discuss protection details

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kloaked00 posted:

Nothing too crazy. How about

1) If they're also guarding stuff in the main area of the museum, cause someone to bump into a painting / sculpture, causing the alarm (that I assume is connected to all this valuable stuff) to go off, forcing them to investigate
2) If they're assigned to that room only, set off the fire alarm so they're forced to leave the room. I would only do this after a perception check to make sure setting off the fire alarm wouldn't trap me in the jewel room
3) Hack into either A) their personal comm feeds or B) the museum PA system, and a deception check that they're needed in the curator's office to discuss protection details

1) The guards on the jewel are external security, ostensibly either imperials themselves or at least on their payroll. Their prime (and honestly, only) concern is the jewel, this one wouldn't work to actually get them to leave the room.
2) That's possibly workable...1 Diff Skullduggery to actually trip the alarm surreptitiously, followed by a 2 Diff one to not get "forcibly evacuated" by the guards.
3) Same Diff as deception-ing them to their face.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Spincut posted:

Oh, I was waiting for a result before I did anything. :v:

Yeah, Vy is going to head to the auction house and make some inquiries there, but given how it was written I feel like waiting for the results of the Holonet search makes sense. I'll post as soon as the results are in.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Can I say I already know where Carlo hangs out from the earlier roll or do you want me to roll again for it?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Game post is coming soon! Had a bit of neighborhood drama and the like, but I'm composing a post this very moment!

nothing to seehere posted:

Can I say I already know where Carlo hangs out from the earlier roll or do you want me to roll again for it?

Diff 1 Streetwise; mostly just to give a bit of a chance of Bad Things (tm) happening if you're too overt in seeking him out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Game posts for all 3 teams are up!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Hope I did my rolls right. Sorry, not sure about difficulties.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Lord Koth are you talking to me?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Celebrated freedom too much. Post will go up when explosions are no longer inside my brain.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Noticing a dearth of posts lately....everyone still around?

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

jivjov posted:

Noticing a dearth of posts lately....everyone still around?

Just busy. I'll try to post today.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
No worries. I was letting it slide due to the holiday weekend, but as of this moment, the 3-day rule is back in full effect

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

My own post just went up.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Jivjov, since Carlo is not expecting trouble, can I just walk in like I want to talk to him and make a brawl check to break his arms? Or do you have any complications in mind?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

nothing to seehere posted:

Jivjov, since Carlo is not expecting trouble, can I just walk in like I want to talk to him and make a brawl check to break his arms? Or do you have any complications in mind?

You literally just want to try to break his arms? I cannot WAIT to see how this goes. Diff 3 Brawl then.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

jivjov posted:

You literally just want to try to break his arms? I cannot WAIT to see how this goes. Diff 3 Brawl then.

He's a thief. Broken arms, no chance of him trying to steal the Jewel, no improved security. When all you have is Brawn 5 a hammer, you solve every problem with violence treat everything as a nail. Nachkt may be forgetting he is not in the Nar Shaddaa slums anymore.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 10, 2014

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

jivjov posted:

Hey, I can fix his arms after. Totally ethical.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

We're going of the rails in this something something

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I'm about to just shelve the module book entirely and see what happens haha. Hell, the book has an entire chapter devoted to "entering and winning the cloud car race to gain auction access" which you all just decided was too much effort :)

Incidentally, I'm about to go grocery shopping and I'll drop a game post when I'm home from that.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Sorry I wasn't clear in my post, Jivjov. I just meant that Vy is going to try to learn about him - his organization, his associates, that sort of thing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Viscardus posted:

Sorry I wasn't clear in my post, Jivjov. I just meant that Vy is going to try to learn about him - his organization, his associates, that sort of thing.

1 diff 1 setback streetwise it is then. He makes no secret of his..illicitness, but specifics can be hard to come by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I am now picturing Carlo as a stereotypical greaser mook, and it has infinitely increased my drive to punch him with my doctor kung-fu. I'll plan to make a post tonight.

• Locked thread