Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there something K'rak can be useful for, I feel like I don't have anything to do right now since im not taking point on anything. Someone should comm him and ask for help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

jivjov posted:

1 diff 1 setback streetwise it is then. He makes no secret of his..illicitness, but specifics can be hard to come by.

Done. I edited the roll into my post to try to preserve the flow and avoid getting bogged down in OOC posts.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

RandallODim posted:

I am now picturing Carlo as a stereotypical greaser mook, and it has infinitely increased my drive to punch him with my doctor kung-fu. I'll plan to make a post tonight.

I'm sorry, but I might have taken that chance from you. At least I didn't decapitate him?

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Viscardus posted:

Done. I edited the roll into my post to try to preserve the flow and avoid getting bogged down in OOC posts.

Just pointing this out in case you missed it, Jivjov (since you didn't include it in your latest update).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Viscardus posted:

Just pointing this out in case you missed it, Jivjov (since you didn't include it in your latest update).

derp, I quite missed it. I'll double back here in a few minutes. Midnight snack time!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004 posted:

Is there something K'rak can be useful for, I feel like I don't have anything to do right now since im not taking point on anything. Someone should comm him and ask for help.

Seriously need something to do.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

Seriously need something to do.

I think Vy's going to head down to that bar and see if she can talk to Kerek, so she could probably use some back-up. I'll have her call and ask in my next post.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Sorry I disappeared for so long, a combination of life being life and not knowing what to add during nothing to seehere's fight kept me from posting but I am back and hastily trying to deal with this heist getting out of hand. As a thought, if we need body storage, I do have a clinic that's presumably outfitted to deal with this sort of thing. Bodies, not murder.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

What's the difficulty on
- losing the guard watching me
- getting access to where the jewel will be kept pre and post-auction
- finding the security room

And getting at least a rough idea of what doors lead to what rooms and how they're connected would be helpful

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kloaked00 posted:

What's the difficulty on
- losing the guard watching me
- getting access to where the jewel will be kept pre and post-auction
- finding the security room

And getting at least a rough idea of what doors lead to what rooms and how they're connected would be helpful

I'm phone posting, so I can't do a sketch at the moment, but I'll work something up for you when I'm home from work.

As for difficulties, giving the guard the slip will only be a Diff 2. He's not looking at /you/ per se, he's just being attentive in general.

Getting access to the storage room is diff 3 with 1 setback. it's down a side hallway out of view of the lobby area but has its own holocam.

You know where the security room is from the blueprints, it's further down the hall from Storage. Gaining access is another story. That's a diff 3 as well, but no setback.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

You get a Triumph, You get a Triumph, you ALL GET TRIUMPHS!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I was briefly hoping, for Vy's sake, that Orokos wasn't taking the bonus success from the Triumph into account....but it was.

In other news, I'm about to head to work, I'll see if I can get another post up on my lunch break or something, but it may be roundabouts 10ish hours before I post again.

Oh, and Elindil...great suggestions, Imma take one of those.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Promise I'll post later today. Long couple days at work

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What's K'rak's range to the two thugs here?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Elendil004 posted:

What's K'rak's range to the two thugs here?

Medium range; you're across the room

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Oh, if blast affects the first guy as well then the rodian takes more damage.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Elendil004 posted:

Oh, if blast affects the first guy as well then the rodian takes more damage.

I don't have my book on me at the moment, but IIRC blast damage only hits other targets, not the original

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
I was waiting for Doctor Epitaph to respond to me, but he hasn't in the past few days, so I'm just going to continue on without Thobi's help.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I haven't seen any posts from him in a while.

Speaking of posts, I'll get one up after work today! I got saddled with a 7-day stretch, hence why my own posting has been intermittent

EDIT: sudden flash of inspiration. Thobi was picked up by the wing guard too!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Speaking of getting picked up by the Wing Guard, I'll post tonight, promise.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

jivjov posted:

I don't have my book on me at the moment, but IIRC blast damage only hits other targets, not the original

Just checked, "However. the user may also trigger Blast if the attack misses, by spending adv adv adv). In this case, the original target and every target engaged with the original target suffers damage equal to the Blast rating of the weapon."

So yeah, Rodian takes the 5 blast too.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I, uh, seem to be somewhat at an impasse, jivjov. Davin's smarter than to go into somewhere like that alone, so as stated I'm sort of wandering back to some meeting spot. Want me to redirect somewhere?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Lord Koth posted:

I, uh, seem to be somewhat at an impasse, jivjov. Davin's smarter than to go into somewhere like that alone, so as stated I'm sort of wandering back to some meeting spot. Want me to redirect somewhere?

If you wanted to come down to the station to help me out, I could have you be my one comm call.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I'm really sorry I didn't let you know sooner, but something came up and I haven't had reliable internet for the past 5 days, and wont again for another week. Do what you want with Nahckt.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
He'll just chill out for a bit; when your Internet is back, we'll see about reintroducing him.

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
Yeah sorry guys, I'm going to have to bow out. Just got too much on my plate right now and can't give this thread the attention it deserves. Hope you guys have a good game, though!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Doctor Epitaph posted:

Yeah sorry guys, I'm going to have to bow out. Just got too much on my plate right now and can't give this thread the attention it deserves. Hope you guys have a good game, though!

No worries; if nothing else, it came at a good time for me to use Thobi in the Wing Guard station.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Can you give me ranges to the two new challengers as well as the gran? Is the rodian dead?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

How hard would it be to hack into the auction house security system and install a back door to allow easier access later?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Elendil004 posted:

Can you give me ranges to the two new challengers as well as the gran? Is the rodian dead?

Rodian isn't dead, but he's very very wounded. He's not going to be a threat unless you get close enough for him to grab your ankle or something.

Currently Medium range to the Gran and the Human, the Chev is stalking in your direction and is now Close.

Kloaked00 posted:

How hard would it be to hack into the auction house security system and install a back door to allow easier access later?

Diff 3, one Setback for being a fairly unfamiliar system

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
New game post will be up tomorrow afternoon on account of near crippling stomach bug! Sorry for the delay!

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Any ideas for what I can do? Wander into one of the firefights? Be someone's phone call? Something else?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
If you'd like to dramatically show up at the bar fight, I can prolong that one a bit. I was gonna wrap it at 4 drunk and disorderlies, but if you wanna get your fight on, I can extend it a round or two.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I thought I was calling you in for help at the Wing Guard Precinct?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Whoops. I recalled you mentioning that, but I didn't see your IC post requesting it.

I suppose I could come pick you up then.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Oh yeah, that was Davin you called.

That is honestly my one big problem with PbPs...I get usernames and character names confused so hard.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Okay, poo poo, sorry, composing a post right now. Illness, working, and going to see Guardians of the Galaxy just kinda wrecked the last few days for me.

Again, apologies for the delay.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is the fight back to me then? If so can you give me a tactical rundown, enemies, distances, apparent level of wounds? Hard to follow in the thread. Please include if there are good or innocents in the blast radius of any particular idiots.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Okay, I think I have to drop out too. There's just a lot going on and it's difficult for me to follow and I still only have the barest sense of what to do in terms of game mechanics. Sorry Jivjov and others, but hopefully you'll have a more manageable group now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Elendil004 posted:

Is the fight back to me then? If so can you give me a tactical rundown, enemies, distances, apparent level of wounds? Hard to follow in the thread. Please include if there are good or innocents in the blast radius of any particular idiots.

The Rodian is down but not dead. He's more or less out of the fight though. The Gran is dead. The Chev is heavily wounded but still an active combatant, he's at Close range and will be attempting to close to grappling range. The Human is unharmed and at Medium range, still in cover, armed with a blaster pistol.

Don't worry about collateral damage; everyone has either fled or is hiding behind tables and the like. If you wanted to take a human shield or something (not that it would stop these drunken thugs), there are people around, but you don't need to worry about harming them.

Spincut posted:

Okay, I think I have to drop out too. There's just a lot going on and it's difficult for me to follow and I still only have the barest sense of what to do in terms of game mechanics. Sorry Jivjov and others, but hopefully you'll have a more manageable group now.

Hey, it was good to have you in the game! You're always welcome to apply to any future ones I run :D

• Locked thread