Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
xxxx
gokuball
calvinball
View Results

• Locked thread
Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

The OP article is a pretty charming story with some links for more details. Apparently Pastis and Watterson are good pals and Pastis helped Bill with some stuff.

This was my favorite part:

quote:

Pastis has more details about how they worked together on his website, " I found out that Bill Watterson is not comfortable with scanners or Photoshop or large email attachments. In fact, by the end of the process, I was left with the distinct impression that he works in a log cabin lit by whale oil and hands his finished artwork to a man on a pony."

Please come back, Bill. It doesn't have to be strips. It can be whatever medium you want. Just share your lovely art with us. :cry:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I was gonna say he's retired, but you only want his art.
Me too. I want more Dinosaurs flying planes!

I don't want him to have to worry about deadlines or liscencing or whatever else bullshit. I'd just love if he could make art that he enjoys doing and share it with people. Just because.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

What's wrong with him doing art for fun and sharing. He basically did that here, and I hope he enjoyed himself enough to do more.

• Locked thread