Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGame
Jul 4, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
The Bloodthirst deck with Aggressive Mining would've kicked my rear end if the AI didn't obligatorily sacrifice one land per turn until it has 0 lands and has discarded 10 cards :v: I've built a deck around Spider Spawning and it's cleaning up, but I really need to find a way to get more than one copy of that card.

Also, I made a Sif :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Tezzeract posted:

Man that weenie soldier deck has been kicking my rear end.

I had troubles with that one. Switched back to my W/G Convoke/Giant masses of creatures deck and it went pretty well despite a horrific land flood. Eventually it made an attack that left me at 1 life and them all but tapped out and I activated Elder of Laurels 3 times for +5/+5 each time.

Drider-Man
Jan 30, 2007

Drider-Man, Drider-Man
Does some things that a drider can.
Can he swing from a web?
Ask your DM
I just installed this on Steam and I can't actually play. The splash screen comes up and there's a game window on the bar at the bottom of my screen that shows it running. However, anytime i click on it the screen flickers and I just go back to the desktop.

Anyone heard about this or know how to fix it?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Also has anyone actually opened shocks/temples/duals? I've seen the AI with them, but got none myself. I'd love if I could do an actual decent 3 color deck.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Alaan posted:

Also has anyone actually opened shocks/temples/duals? I've seen the AI with them, but got none myself. I'd love if I could do an actual decent 3 color deck.

They're not in the game. Alara Shardlands were accidentally leaked, as the first DLC plane is almost certainly Alara.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Any consensus on which starter decks are best?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The AI in this is super bad, which makes it so blindingly obvious when it cheats.

DOTP gunna DOTP, I guess.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

VanillaGorilla posted:

The AI in this is super bad, which makes it so blindingly obvious when it cheats.

DOTP gunna DOTP, I guess.

Haha yeah. I was playing against the W/G token deck and they decided to heave 15 tokens in front of my (Non-trampling) 15/15 scion of the wild.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Alaan posted:

I just opened a pack with some gates.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Anarch posted:

I'm breezing through against the AI with Izzet and Azorius decks, with only about 1/3 cards unlocked at all.

Slapping Journey on Tidestalkers (the unblockable 1/1 dudes) all day 'erry day.

For Izzet, it's all about alpha strikes with Kiln Fiends or Cerberus with Lightning Fangs. Junky stuff you won't probably run when you have everything unlocked, but good anyway.

Rakdos if you get some vampires in your starters is a dumb rush, crazed Neonates with Lightning Fangs n such.

Game is alright, good even, but hot drat some of the interface decisions are terrible. Remember to go into Options and turn "voice communication" off unless you like being called a "bitch human being".

Oh, and you do unlock boosters (of a random Plane) when you beat someone online, so just grind stupid pubbies while they don't know what the gently caress they're doing. It's more fun than grinding the cheating AI.

TheGame
Jul 4, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Anarch posted:

The blue/green one was serviceable. At least compared to the blue/black one, which is completely horrible in every way.

Tons of Kraken Hatchlings and 1/3 dorks with no top end and bad removal despite being UB? Sign me up! Also I had to fight Avacyn 4 times because she kept miracling Entreat the Angels for 5+ the turn before I would've killed her. I doubt that's actually scripted, but boy howdy were miracles never a fun idea.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

precision posted:

I'm breezing through against the AI with Izzet and Azorius decks, with only about 1/3 cards unlocked at all.

Slapping Journey on Tidestalkers (the unblockable 1/1 dudes) all day 'erry day.

For Izzet, it's all about alpha strikes with Kiln Fiends or Cerberus with Lightning Fangs. Junky stuff you won't probably run when you have everything unlocked, but good anyway.

Rakdos if you get some vampires in your starters is a dumb rush, crazed Neonates with Lightning Fangs n such.

Game is alright, good even, but hot drat some of the interface decisions are terrible. Remember to go into Options and turn "voice communication" off unless you like being called a "bitch human being".

Oh, and you do unlock boosters (of a random Plane) when you beat someone online, so just grind stupid pubbies while they don't know what the gently caress they're doing. It's more fun than grinding the cheating AI.

Is there a way to unlock more precons?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tezzeract posted:

Is there a way to unlock more precons?

As soon as you unlock the cards for the beginner precons, they show up in your deck builder list.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Well this is loving dumb. The first time I opened the game and went to the video settings, despite it being in (seemingly) full resolution, the settings said I was in 4:3 1024 x 768. I changed the option to widescreen, and it refreshed as a seemingly 100x100 wide-stretched piece of poo poo. I now can't get it back to the display setting it defaulted to, even after clicking "reset to default settings".

Is there any way to fix this dumb poo poo? Is there a console option to force a resolution? I haven't found anybody else with this issue off a Google search.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

ryan_woody posted:

Well this is loving dumb. The first time I opened the game and went to the video settings, despite it being in (seemingly) full resolution, the settings said I was in 4:3 1024 x 768. I changed the option to widescreen, and it refreshed as a seemingly 100x100 wide-stretched piece of poo poo. I now can't get it back to the display setting it defaulted to, even after clicking "reset to default settings".

Is there any way to fix this dumb poo poo? Is there a console option to force a resolution? I haven't found anybody else with this issue off a Google search.

The resolution options are definitely hosed. At some point I had it in 1920X1080, but it still wasn't 16:9. So I switched to 16:9 and there are now no resolution options. Switch back off of 16:9, there is now no longer a resolution option for 1920x1080.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
I found a config file in the main directory, I've just edited things manually in there. Seems to work so far. Any time I try to change any option in the menus (shadows, vsync, etc) it fucks itself again.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

TheGame posted:

Man, the framerate in the battle interface is unbelievably bad. Cards jerking down to the table at a cool 10 FPS. Is there some obvious fix to this? I've tried turning a bunch of graphics options off and on, but nothing seems to help.

Even DOTP 2014 seemed better optimized than this! Which is saying something.
Glad it's not just me then. I imagine it'll go the same way as most DotP games. It'll be annoying as hell for the first few weeks, they'll drop one patch that'll fix it up to be playable, and then never touch it again.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Definitely pick Boros. Holy crap, I have Inferno Titan, Stormbreath Dragon and Baneslayer Angel.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Goddamn. This is possibly the most brutal Duels boss. Putrid Leech, Putrid Leech, Obstinate Baloth, Spirit Monger :suicide:

And if the RNG hoses you on your opening hands you can't even cheese it since you have to beat the first part again.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Alaan posted:

Goddamn. This is possibly the most brutal Duels boss. Putrid Leech, Putrid Leech, Obstinate Baloth, Spirit Monger :suicide:

And if the RNG hoses you on your opening hands you can't even cheese it since you have to beat the first part again.
That deck sounds sexy. Do you gain access to the bosses deck in this version?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Nope. There are no decks to unlock, only cards. And I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't actually have access to most of his cards. He's running Bayous and poo poo in there too.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

precision posted:

Izzet and Azorius decks

TheGame posted:

The blue/green one was serviceable.

Tezzeract posted:

Definitely pick Boros.
Thanks for the replies. Had a few of these in mind to begin with, and ultimately picked Izzet for control/burst. For new people, these are:
Izzet - blUe/Red
Azorious - blUe/White
Selesnya - Green/White
Boros - Red/White

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Alaan posted:

Nope. There are no decks to unlock, only cards. And I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't actually have access to most of his cards. He's running Bayous and poo poo in there too.

Jesus. Legacy Duals. We only get Gates. :wtf:

Some easy intro for new players this is.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Well, there WERE moxes in previous versions. Including the infamous T1 Mox, Mox, Island, tinker, darksteel colossus. However those decks had no lead up to them and could just utterly implode because they weren't that consistent. This is an actually competent deck well above the power level you could expect to have just from running through the campaign.

Alice Liddell
Sep 14, 2004

I want to forget!
Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?
Ohh poo poo no two headed giant this year? I almost pulled the trigger on the purchase im glad the OP mentioned that. I loved co-oping with pals that's where all the fun was in the previous releases. Ugh was looking forward to this how frustrating.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

neetengie posted:

That deck sounds sexy. Do you gain access to the bosses deck in this version?

Traditionally the boss uses a deck full of overpowered cards you can't get, and the DLC includes a toned down version of the boss deck, while introducing a new unobtainable deck. I imagine this year many, but not all, of the boss cards will be in the DLC pool, too.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Alice Liddell posted:

Ohh poo poo no two headed giant this year? I almost pulled the trigger on the purchase im glad the OP mentioned that. I loved co-oping with pals that's where all the fun was in the previous releases. Ugh was looking forward to this how frustrating.

No Commander either. I'm guessing Planechase is out too. Shame Planechase never caught on. I always thought it was a really cool way to spice up casual games.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I like the fact that Stoneforge Mystic is in the Premium Card pool but there are no real reasons to run her. There's no really expensive/powerful Equipment that you'd want to dig up or cheat onto the field unless I seriously missed something.

And of course I opened 1 in my 2 free boosters. Was hoping for a Kozilek but nope. :smith:

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Cernunnos posted:

I like the fact that Stoneforge Mystic is in the Premium Card pool but there are no real reasons to run her. There's no really expensive/powerful Equipment that you'd want to dig up or cheat onto the field unless I seriously missed something.

And of course I opened 1 in my 2 free boosters. Was hoping for a Kozilek but nope. :smith:

If it makes you feel any worse, I got Kozilek in my first one. Can't even use the bastard though 'cause my W/R deck has no ramp and 10 mana is rare as hell to get.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I just want to know the feeling of owning a Kozilek without shelling out $$$ for him. :cry:

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

Some easy intro for new players this is.

Shandalar is effing brutal. The removal is so bad early and the creature strats of Slivers and Soldiers were OP.

I literally had to grind for the 3 mana 3 damage scry 1 red spell to snipe out the creature synergies against the Soldier deck. Then to learn that playing top deck war against a Sliver deck is no fun since there's actually a sliver overrun, meaning they can close out the game before you can.

I was discovering the power of card draw vs these sorts of decks. The Tutor of the Meek engine is pretty legit with Krenko/Alert the Watch.

The game gets pretty tough, but getting over the challenges are a lot of fun. Though I'm a bit scared of Zendikar now.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Does a anywhere have what cards are in what planes boosters? There are a few cards I really want more of.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Alaan posted:

Does a anywhere have what cards are in what planes boosters? There are a few cards I really want more of.

http://community.wizards.com/forum/mtg-duels-planeswalkers/threads/4107676

Scroll down for the planes.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Avacyn just functionally used Cloudshift. I think the AI might actually have been improved?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

kater posted:

Avacyn just functionally used Cloudshift. I think the AI might actually have been improved?

otoh the merfolk planeswalker spreading seas'd her only forest rather than one of my lands with multiple serpents out already :shrug:

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I saw the AI Trostani's Judgment it's only token creature.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
One of the random Innestrad encounters had all flying creatures and he was nice enough to give my guys flying so they could have fights together :3:

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Cernunnos posted:

I just want to know the feeling of owning a Kozilek without shelling out $$$ for him. :cry:

Jesus, Kozilek is 45 goddamn bucks? What the hell. Is it even played at all? I should dig up my old cards and sell them off.

More on topic, I've been playing this game on my Nexus 7 and it's extremely frustrating to target attacking creatures with spells. I cast the spell, it goes on the stack, which for some reason is directly on top of the attacking creature, making it near impossible to select with a touch interface.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I must have been really lucky with the cards I got and the AI because I breezed through the campaign stupidly easy and fast.

Having the premium cards and a decent number of cards makes unlocking by playing pubbies really nice, because so many of them are making such bad decks. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I was chugging along well until Garruk who has a deck mine is not meant to fight.

• Locked thread